5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Beck Magically Enthralls London Audiences !
Published on 14 Oct 2008 by Brien Comerford

3.0 out of 5 stars I remember JB from the late 60's
Jeff Beck has got to have been one of the most outstanding guitar exponents ever, and influenced so many during the 60/70's. So when I decided to purchase this album, I got quite excited & nostalgic about hearing that distinctive sound again. However, I am afraid I was somewhat disappointed it was just a bit too commercial and safe for me which left me feeling, a little...
Published on 6 Sep 2010 by Fussey of Ryde

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Beck Magically Enthralls London Audiences !, 14 Oct 2008
Brien Comerford (Glenview, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
Jeff Beck enthralled London audiences at Ronnie Scotts jazz club for almost an entire week in late 2007. I am fortunate to have the concert CD when he was joined by Eric Clapton to perform two blues numbers. In the audience were Jimmy Page and Brian May. Beck's continuing mastery of the guitar is astonishing. He combines incomparable technique with a heavenly feel for nuance while demonstrating a supernatural utilization of the fretboard and pickup controls. He's the master of his craft. This CD is a dazzling display of the most invigorating, innovative and diverse jazz-fusion, rock, blues and electronica guitar virtuosity exhibited in years augmented by a few mindblowing hard rock gems. Song highlights include "Led Boots", "Nadia", "Beck's Bolero",the frenetic "Scatterbrain", the emotive "Angels" and the inimitable "Where Were You". Jeff Beck's majestic rendition of " A Day In The Life" has rightfully won a Grammy Award for best rock instrumental performance. Jeff Beck is God's guitarist. This CD is an imperative purchase for all guitar fans and guitarists. Jeff Beck can strangle and caress a universe of sounds from his instrument to the amazement of his many peers and fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars jeff, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
a great album that captures being at an jeff beck concert perfectly,the sound is balanced and sounds just like most studio recordings.[[ASIN:B001F9Y254 Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [DVD] [2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil J, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
Absolutely fantastic. I always thought of Jeff Beck as the Hi Ho Silver Lining man until I saw this on Sky Arts1 one night. I was so impressed that I ordered it from Amazon immediately. I also ordered the CD for home and car listening. I was amazed to see the young girl Tal Wildenfeld on bass who played as good if not better than many bass players of old. A truly brilliant Blu Ray which I would recommend to any guitarist lovers needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
I would urge you to buy the dvd and see four musicians having more fun than is fair on the rest if us. Tal Wilkenfeld beams from ear to ear most of the time but even the old timers are definitely enjoying every moment.
Even if you are unable to watch but just listen to the cd, you will be well rewarded. This is playing of the first division by four musicians who are at home with the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
this is a great DVD some fantastic guests and Jeff is really on form.THis was recorded over a weeks residency at Ronnies,check out who is in the audience Tal the girl basist is wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars top live guitar album of the year, 22 Nov 2008
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
This combines a 'best of' Jeff, perfect sound, and magical atmosphere, all underlined by the amazing surprising guitar of the maestro. I have all Jeff's albums of course, and honestly there are always a certain number of weak songs, except on a few, but this is a perfect cd; If you ever buy only one cd from Jeff, this might be the one to have. Anyway, this is running in a loop at home, in the car, on the iPod. My favourite guitar album of the year for sure. For me this is a MUST HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitargasm, 7 Mar 2009
Alastair Smith "WEEMEENIT" (Shipley, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
This is proof that Jeff Beck is in the premier league of stratmasters. The range of tunes, all without vocals, is as diverse as it is complete. From Jimmy Page's Beck's Bolero to the Lennon/McCartney A Day In The Life the arrangements are both innovative and exciting. Once the CD has started it would take a power cut to stop listening through to the last track. The next item to buy must be the DVD of the events at Ronnie Scott's, which is scheduled to be released in March.
A must for anyone who appreciates the sound of Fender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Beck - God of Guitarists!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
I bought this album a month ago, and it has lived in my car permanently. I know every track, every riff, every pause between notes. I find myself air-guitaring and air drumming at every opportunity! This album makes me wish I had been lucky enough to see Beck and the band play live at Ronnie Scott's myself. I am in awe of his talent, and I've fallen in love with Tal Wilkenfeld's playing too - such a brilliant young talent - she was only 20 when they did this gig! Fortunately, I'm off to see Jeff Beck in a couple of weeks, and I can only hope I'll enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed this album! Buy it - you won't regret it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 14 Feb 2014
100sub100 (DUMBARTON, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
Ronnie's hasn't changed a lot in 50 years, still showing fantastic musicians. Tai is great and Jeff is awesome. The drummer and keyboards are brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I was there., 31 Jan 2014
Michael Chapman (Royston, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Audio CD)
I purchase this CD after watching a documentary about Jeff Beck on Sky where they showed a couple of extracts from the gig. I was blown away so much so I had to purchase immediately. It took a few days to arrive but since then I have been playing the CD over and over.

This performance from Jeff is just outstanding.

The review from Brien Cornerford (Glenview, Illinois United States) says it all.

I whole heartily concer with Brien.

Buy this CD NOW.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's
Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's by Jeff Beck (Audio CD - 2008)