on 3 September 2009
The sound quality for this little number is impressive and it is really plug and play. The attachments for the different ipods are simple and easy to use. My only criticism is that the clock display is too bright and without a dimmer, so to use it in the bedroom as an alarm (which works beautifully) is not a good thing if you like darkness for your sleep. Plus, you can't use music as the alarm, shame. Mine now is confined to the living room. Otherwise, I do recommend it any time.
on 20 November 2009
I had read a lot of reviews about other ipod docks, and also had a good look at several in some major retail outlets before deciding that this one offered the best value.

Some cheaper models seem ok, but they don't always charge your ipod whilst it is docked. Others just sound really tinny and thin.

This one, however, sounds great. Solid, full sound from such a small unit. The ipod docks securely in the top, there is a charger included, the remote works great and the clock's display is very clear and cool!

You can also run it on batteries for portability, but I wouldn't bother as it doesn't charge the ipod when using batteries and runs them down quite quickly. It also needs about 6 AA's, so best to avoid using them if possible.

I would highly recommend it, my 11 year old daughter was delighted with it!
11 comment|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2009
Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus

I've read reviews elsewhere marking this down because it lacks features. Let me tell you, the one sure thing about features is they break down eventually.

This compact unit is simple. Does what it says it'll do and the sound it produces is top notch.

If you're more interested in performance than buttons then you'll be happy with one of these. Less fuss, it lets you in the sound.

I have a large living room and this little beauty fills the room with perfectly balanced sound. To get the best out of it you'll need to play around with your ipod's EQ. I have an old ipod mini set to RandB and it's clear at all levels.

Well thought out storage for the remote and a sleek design. It sits quietly in the corner on a small unit until you start it up.

I can't fault it at all.
0Comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've owned several ipod/iPhone speaker docks over the past few years and a friend of mine asked me to find her one from Amazon for her iPhone 3GS - and this was my choice.......

Based purely on price this dock is exceptionally good value. The sound it delivers isn't as warm and natural as the higher end more expensive units, but I'm a great believer in what you get is what you pay for, and the sound from this unit is well within what I would consider as being very good for the price paid. The bass is thumpy, vocals are clear and treble is quite crisp and at full volume there was no distortion whatsoever. The supplied mini-remote allows you to power on and off the dock, to select track forward or back and to control the volume. However, it does NOT allow you to change the album or playlist you're listening to - this has to be done manually via the touch screen of the iPhone (or iPod touch).......

If you're an audio perfectionist and you're looking for something that delivers a bit more 'ooomph.....' then this isn't really going to be for you.... but I'd certainly recommend this dock for kitchen/bedroom/casual/holiday use as it's size makes it easily portable and its weight won't chew up too much of that valuable luggage allowance.
on 25 August 2009
Got it today from Amazon. My observations:
- Sound quality is excellent, even at full volume.
- Is not as loud as I was expecting but still is enough to fill the home.
- I liked the remote, small but functional.
- My iPhone 3G fits in perfectly with its silicone skin on without using any adapter.
- It is a bit on the heavier side so not the best to be portable.
- Looks nice.
- Unlike other docks I have tried, it doesn't start playing iPod music when plugged in. I had radio playing when I plugged in and it continued to play after I plugged in. But I pressed volume button on the remote to reduce volume and that stopped radio and started playing iPod music.
on 21 April 2009
Excellent unit, wouldn't recommend for people who listen to heaps of rock as it distorts with the high base guitars etc. However for anyone listening to RnB,Pop or dance music, this is a fantastic unit. Light, easy to use, looks great and very much fun to play with. Makes waking up, a whole lot better when you got your favourite song going on the Pure-Fi Express Plus it Outperforms other mp3 docks in this price range. I've had other docks that I've used as alarm/stereo units, but my mom got this for Christmas, and after hearing it I picked one up for myself. I've seen other models that cost twice as much and have a few more features, but I can't tell a difference in the sound quality, and this one has every function I need. The alarm could be a touch louder, but it's a great buy for the price. I love the 360 degree speakers. Maybe it's just because it's new, but this dock has been getting a lot more use than my last one.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2010
Brilliant sound quality and ease of use. Would thoroughly recommend for someone looking for a compact iPod dock. Charges and plays iPod at the same time. Alarm is very good - starts quiet and gradually gets louder, not too annoying ni the morning!!
One small complaint was the power adaptor which was a bit faulty had to fix it with a knife :S
I'm sure that was a one-off error and would still highly recommend :) Remote control works very well also
Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus iPod/iPhone speaker dock
on 10 April 2010
This is a brilliant Ipod speaker system! I have an Iphone and the sound that is created by this system is fantastic. It's crisp clear and puts any bose or sony soundsystem (which cost over £250) to shame. It connects well, the remote control is handy and very useable. The only fault that I have identified is the way in which the plastic 'universal dock adapter' is used and fitted. it sits within the dock itself and makes your iphone/ipod fit more confortably within the dock. It's flimsy and really hard to get in and out. The item comes with the ipod dock already installed and I had to remove it, it took me 30 minutes to try and get it out without damaging the coating on the player. Other than that, it's faultless!
on 28 January 2009
The build is very durable and robust. The Omni-directional speakers fill the whole room with great sound. Amazing bass and crystal clear sound, even at higher volumes. Small enough to be carried around, as it can run on batteries. Goes very loud! What it lacks in functions is compensated by the sound quality. Excellent for speakers this sound and price.
on 28 August 2009
I bought this docking station to put my IPod Classic into, its the first Ive bought so didnt really know what to look for in the product. I read alot of reviews and came up with this one. I have to say its perfect for me! There are two small negatives (but they are small!)
1/ You have to be quite close for the remote to work you cant use it from across the room.
2/ You cant search through the tunes with the remote which would be handy for me as I am always skipping tracks.
Apart from these little moans the IPod dock is great, sound excellent for the money I love it!