5.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry
Published on 19 April 2007 by Spider Monkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I just listened to the samples of all the tracks and well every track sounds the same sort of style I bought The Answer album called Rise and well i say thats a must buy Check it out
Published on 23 Jun 2007 by M. DOUGLAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry, 19 April 2007
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
This is one of the few albums I wish I could give more than 5 stars to! It is excellent. The sound is raw and the riffs grab you, give you a good shaking and don't let go, and nor would you want them to! Each song is powerful and is perfect summer rock. They remind me of AC/DC, Led Zep and even Audioslave in places. I bought this on the back of an Amazon recommendation, and the reviews written here, and have to say I add my whole hearted endorsement. Go buy this album, you will not be disappointed. A top band and I can't wait for more.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound of the south!, 3 April 2007
A. Everitt "The Rhinoron" (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
It's refreshing in the age of screamy metal to have a band that is just a classic, in every sense of the word. This band oozes southern class - you can hear the Black Label Society and Buckcherry influences really coming through on this release, as well as the vibe of Led Zep and Skynyrd too. I'm not expecting many of you to have heard this band, but i picked it up on the strength of the KKKK review in kerrang, and i have to say it blew me away. It makes me want to kick back on a porch in summer with a bottle of bourbon - it's that type of music! The songs are as catchy as hell, and the vocals are rich too. I recommend this to any fan of the good ol' rock scene of the 70's, or for fans of Zakk Wylde, Saliva, or other "southern" sounding bands. Amazon have Real Audio streams up here, so have a listen. I can promise you that you won't regret it - i most certainly haven't!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the new breed of new bands, 22 July 2007
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
Finally i can listen to a whole album were i dont think that every song is as boring as the next with 2 corr larrys playing...., This album basically says to all the mainstream bands this is how to play instruments, how come is it that the bands unknown are the best:D, this is a top class gem of a album!!! Full marks from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Tunes, 18 April 2007
Liam (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
Black Stone Cheery are an interesting band, they just sound so laid back, this album is full of sing along songs and is just generally great in every way. its gone back to the old more classic style of rock n roll, cut down on the solos, the technicality and speed and sounds like it was written in the 70s but was lost in some guys basement and only just re-discovered.

stand out songs for me are 'Backwoods Gold' and 'Lonely Train'

for fans of 'Zakk Wylde' 'buckcherry' and 'ACDC'

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I've got to rock and roll..., 17 April 2007
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
This usually isn't my thing, but there's nothing wrong with broadening your horizons is there? I was pleasently suprised with this. It's the sort of music you want to roll down your windows in your car and turn up full blast so everyone can hear it. It's the sort of music you go driving to on late, hot summer evenings, and the sort you have playing at a reasonable level at BBQ parties in your back garden. Generally it's feel good rock n roll with a dirty, Southern edge to it.

Highlights are 'Lonely Train' because of the awesome riffage at the beginning and for the two songs that follow it 'Maybe Someday' and 'When the Weight Comes Down' which are both sing-a-long anthems in the making.

So if you think you're a metal guy through and through, but have a soft spot for rock n roll, give this a listen. For fans of Clutch and Black Label Society, but with a hint of old school rock and roll also.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SOUTH RAINS MAGIC!!, 6 April 2007
D. skinner (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
This band here ladies and gentlemen is magic! The clean/crisp/flouent guitaring accompanied by the rich/strong vocals by lead singer Chris Robertson, is purely what makes this band amazing. The tone, the rhythm, and the vocals are unique -- and if Black Stone Cherry keeps heading in this direction, the band will surely be able to separate itself from the influx of other bands who have been riding on the post-grunge alternative metal circuit since the '90s. Pure gold! Until your have this album...you really do not know what you are missing!! It is a MUST buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember when Rock was Rock?, 17 Nov 2008
Mr. N. J. Henderson (Bude, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
What a truly amazing record this is.
Five 20 somethings from Kentucky have delivered a fantastic album bursting with Hard Rock sounds and Southern Rock influences, the end result is quite breathtaking.
Opening rocker "Rain Wizard" sets the tone, (a song which lyrically tells a great story, by the way) followed by "Backwoods Gold," another superb Hard Rock song.
It's on the final three tracks though where the album really starts to shine, these songs are musically perfect, they flow superbly and they sound brilliant.
No real power ballads on here, perhaps this is the only thing missing, but those types of song are purely down to personal listener preference rather than a staple song of any hard rock band.
Best Track "Rollin On"

4.0 out of 5 stars black stone delight, 28 May 2007
John thomasson "tommo" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
what a brillant album, just bought this to-day.i havent heard loud tight drumming like that since john bonham or lars ulrich.really heavy and screams play me louuuuuuuuuuud,i was'nt sure but every single track is good,these guys remind me of core the first stone temple disc really heavy.i recomend this album first class i will be keeping my ear to the ground for more defo.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cherry exploded with this title, 24 May 2008
M. de-layen Vian "M5dlv" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
I have to agree with most of the reviewers here in that musically this is a 5 star album. The tunes rock in a way that I have been gagging for for years, not since page was plumbing away have I been moved by such a groove. These guys really are awesome. However I only give 4 not 5 stars as the lyrics are dire. This is an album you play 5 times in a row as it is that good, but unfortunately the part that fails miserably is the lyric writing. Predictable etc. Now this wouldn't ordinarily bug me but this band could be bigger than ACDC as they have the southern style with hard rock riffs on tap and a sound dynamic that the Youngs could never achieve... Their sound is unique I just wish a bit more effort went into the lyrics..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasmagorical!, 25 April 2008
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
This album was bought on a complete whim, having heard nothing about the band at all and only a snippet of Lonely Train I decided to dive in and buy it, keeping my fingers crossed that I would like what I had heard.

I don't think I have listened to anything else since!

The vocals have been described as too clean and clear, too polished by some of my friends but they have all been swept up in the fantastic hit of pure rock n roll that this album is. The southern influences are obvious from the beginning, some tracks heralding back to early Black Label Society stuff which made me love it all the more. The vocals are delivered beautifully, the music engaging and all consuming. Not one track on the album disappoints as so many other albums do.

In fact, I love this album so much I have made friends who don't even like rock music buy it as I won't listen to anything else!! What better endorsement is there?

Black Stone Cherry