5.0 out of 5 stars Safer Cycling
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by freshairman

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
I bought this rain cape as the poncho I used before was not designed to be worn on a bike.
The idea looked good but it just does not do the job!
It does not cover your legs - whether you use or not the finger ring that is supposed to keep the cape down - unless you're cycling speed is less than 2 miles per hour...
If you cycle on a regular basis and go at...
Published on 10 May 2012 by Fra Toba

5.0 out of 5 stars Safer Cycling, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Cyclepro Cycle Cape - Yellow (Sports Apparel)
It is the right colour - yellow - with a reflective safety stripe on the back. It has internal hand holds for those who prefer to have the cape over the handlebars but also sealable side vents for those who prefer to have arms outside of the cape in warmer weather. The rear provides ventilation with a limiter and a good overlap to stop water entering. The "hat" is actually a fully attached hood which can be fastened around the neck and will fit under a helmet with its chin strap done up. I assume anybody using this product on a bike would already have purchased waterproof overtrousers.
Although not advertised as such, it has turned out to be an excellent emergency raincoat for a schoolboy as it has the room to accomodate both backpack and kitbag as well as keeping his blazer and trousers dry. It is easy fold up and put into a bag pouch but make sure the cape (not the boy!) gets hung up in the porch to dry out at the end of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars cycle cape, 1 April 2010
A. Talbot "fair copy" (Folkestone U.K.) - See all my reviews
bought for my husband to use on his mobility scooter, it's perfect for it and so much cheaper than those on mobility sites

5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Cycle Cape, 26 Oct 2010
An absolutely excellent garment. I bought a large one which easily covers handlebars while I'm cycling so that you don't get sopping thighs as rain drips off your ordinary waterproof. Quite easy to get a hand free to indicate when necessary - I'm not so keen on the slits in the front which you're supposed to put your hands through. And bright yellow is good in the pouring rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seen be seen stay dry, 14 Sep 2009
Mr. C. Blaken "ZR869525B" (Monmouthshire UK) - See all my reviews
Value for money.
The cape supasses the full waterproof leggings and jacket, covering not only myself. I am able to carry articles, shopping bags, and still maintain dryness for all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Cycle Cape, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Cyclepro Cycle Cape - Yellow (Sports Apparel)
Having read the comments already on the site, decided to purchase a cape for myself. It had its first test in the most torrential rain I had seen in a long time, quite impressed. Kept my hair and upper body dry, but from just above my knees down I was soaking...but it was a real downpour. I would recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay dry-be seen!, 28 Oct 2009
Jo.dubbs (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cyclepro Cycle Cape - Yellow (Sports Apparel)
Needed to keep myself and my back pack dry whilst cycling in the rain. My coat was not really waterproof and neither was my bag.This cape (shown in green - mine arrived in yellow) was the answer! It covers me, my bag and the hood fits over my helmet! If you have nasty children who take the micky, just remember it's not a fashion garment it's purely functional! Brilliant even in heavy rain, if you miss the puddles even you feet and legs stay fairly dry!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 10 May 2012
The idea looked good but it just does not do the job!
If you cycle on a regular basis and go at normal speed this cape will just lift up so your legs end up completely wet and furthermore the water drip in the inner side and wets you even more!
In addition to that the idea of the two holes for your arms might sound good but as obviously the material is not elastic you are completely stuck which is 1) dangerous; 2) not practical at all.
I wore the cape today for the 3rd or 4th time and as I tried to make the slightest movement to cover my legs with the cape the right hole teared apart and now I have a useless cape with a massive hole :( (and 13 less in my pocket).
Will go for a pair of waterproof trousers and jacket!

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical solution for cycling in the rain, 6 Jan 2012
Excellent for keeping you dry whilst out on your bike, also keeps the biting wind out.
The 'hat' is actually an attached hood.
Only downside, a bit long at the front and catches on the wheel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you dry, 20 Oct 2009
Picture a bit misleading or is it my computer. When it arrived it was bright yellow and not the pale green in the picture, but who cares when its chucking down with rain!

5.0 out of 5 stars strong quality raincoat, 3 July 2012
Strong material ,not "bin bag" very bright and full waterproof, but need an other bag on the cykle to store it, good item for this money!!!

Cyclepro Cycle Cape - Yellow, Medium