5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value
Published on 9 May 2010 by Andrew Knee

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
With three bikes, road, hybrid, and mountain I needed a suitable method of storage in the garage. I use the hybrid & mountain bike at lot as they are most suitable for where I live and so I wanted a method of storage that was quick and easy to use (The road bike is hoisted to the garage ceiling using a system that is fiddly to use).
Seeing this wall mounted bike...
Published 10 months ago by Manofthemoor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 9 May 2010
Andrew Knee (Crewe, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
I bought three of these as we have six bikes between my wife, two boys and I. Like others before me have mentioned, the item that arrived was silver, not red as in the picture, which I was pleased about. Installation was straightforward with just three screws although my choice of fixings (three inch long rawplugs hammered into a hole drilled slightly too small and filled with "no more nails") for the thrermalite block walls in my garage was critical to take the weight of the bikes.

I have two adult bikes on two of the hangers and I don't think they would accommodate any more without loosening and turning the handlebars. So if you're buying one for three bikes you might like to think about the practicality and how often you use the bikes and maybe buy two. I certainly haven't needed to reduce the length of the arms as others have suggested although I'm fortunate to have a double garage so they don't interfere with movement around them.

They fold neatly out of the way when not in use. Fully loaded the arms tend to bend below the horizontal, which is a little disconcerting, but the ribbed sleeves ensure there is no slippage from the bikes.

All in all a great product and given the cost is so competitive they've proved excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 16 July 2009
B. Newnham "bersnter" (Southsea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
Pleasantly surprised that this product came in a smart silver and black colour instead of the red and black shown. Well made item complete with suitable screws and plugs for masonry mounting.

I have a small narrow shed and so only have room to mount 1 bike, I store the 2nd bike underneath the other mounted on this rack. I trimmed down the storage arms by around 12cm which was easy with a decent hacksaw, I was able to slide the rubber sleeve along and replace the plastic stop end afterwards.

All in, very pleased with quality item for great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 26 July 2012
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
I was looking for a carrier to hang my road bike from the wall in my home, to save floor space. I was keen on the Cycloc Cycloc Wall Mounted Bike Holder / Rack 2012 - White however at £60 this was too much for what is essentially a functional item. All previous reviews cover the important details: not Raleigh branded (do not care), not red (much prefer the silver and black anyway), arms too long for my requirements (easily hack-sawed down to size). General impressions: well made, simple to use, looks OK, comes with screws and rawl plugs. It is excellent value for money costing just £11.98 with free super-saver delivery. My bike now hangs in my home like a piece of industrial art-work.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bicycle Rack Made For Two, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
I was looking for something to hang on my garage wall to help save garage space and after reading a large number of reviews, decided on this one. I was a bit uncertain as there is other feedback complaining about the length of the screws used to mount on the wall, and a bowing of the horizontal bars under load, but I decided to give it a go. Upon receipt, I have to agree that the wall mountings look flimsy and don't give you much confidence that they will handle all the weight, so a quick trip to the local hardware store ensued to pick up four much longer and sturdier screws and wall plugs. These worked fine and so it was on to trying the bikes. Under the load of two bikes (one adult mountain bike, one adult carbon fibre road bike), the horizontal bars do indeed start to bow, but not to the extent of causing concern. I would say that two adult bikes is the absolute limit though, both from a weight and space consideration: I don't think the bars are really long enough for three bikes and I wouldn't risk it anyway. But I bought this with the plan just to hold two bikes - it works perfectly for me, in fact so much so that I have bought a second one for an additional two bikes. Recommended (for two bikes max).
Updated May 2014: I've just ordered a third one to cater for the increasing number of bikes in the household. As before, I'll pick up some longer, sturdier screws and have a limit of two bikes per rack. Definitely well worth the money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 13 July 2014
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
Seeing this wall mounted bike hanger for up to 3 bikes I decided that at the price it was worth trying. Having fitted it to the garage wall (I agree with others that the screws supplied might not be suitable if 3 bikes are to be stored) I mounted each bike to the hanger, all the bikes fitted individually, the mountain bike only just passing over the two supports due to the shape of frame. I tried all possible combinations but none of the bikes would mount as pairs and certainly not 3 bikes. The handle bars would foul with the saddles and in the case of the hybrid bike and road bike the dropped handle bars fouled the hybrid bike’s rear wheel. If I had 2 road bikes or 2 mountain bikes of a similar shape I probably would be able to mount both of them on this bracket but for bikes of different styles and frame shapes you might only get 1 bike on
It will be fine for a single bike and I will cut down the arms, this will still allow me to store thing on the garage floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two's Company, Three's a Crowd!, 8 April 2011
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
Prompt delivery and a very sturdy, reasonably priced bike storage rack. Easy to fit, although you will probably want to use stronger plugs if drilling into breeze blocks! Holds two adult cycles very well but (personally) I wouldn't risk a third, even though the blurb says it can cope as it seems to be at its limit already, even though within the advertised weight tolerance. All in all, does exactly what I wanted it for, and you can't ask for more than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product - change the dimension of screws, 2 Sept. 2011
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
This product can hold up to 3 bikes. Consider to change the screws from 8D to 10D before install it for robust results.

4.0 out of 5 stars for 2 bikes, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
I had been looking at various types to secure my road bike and mountain bike in my garage side by side , looked just what was required , eeasy to fit to walls , secure , but could have had longer arms , can get one on ok 2nd is right on the end another 3 inches would have been better , but will try bikes in different positions to see if any better .

3.0 out of 5 stars too big!, 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
made a mistake of buying this really eats into the room if its a small room! Wanted to send it back but dont have a printer at home and didnt get round to printing the return sticker in time from library/internet cafe! So waste of money really! Anyone wants it for a tenner heres my number 07811188477 tony east london not used!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only takes 2 mountain bikes, 16 Jan. 2011
This review is from: CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL (Sports)
This is a reasonable product which I'm gald I've bought and have even recommended to a friend but with the following caveats.

The arms aren't long enough to take 3 of my mountain bikes. They do take 2 comfortably though and I imagine 3 bikes with narrower handlebars would be fine.
The construction is sturdy enough to take 3 but beware the supplied fixings.

A couple of days after I first put it up it fell off the wall dumping the bikes onto the bonnet of my car. The scratches will paint out and the dent is minor but it's an annoyance. I bought some M6 10mm sleaved Rawl bolts and they seem to be holding fine. It may even be I drilled slightly too large a hole for the original fixings but I had to guess (7mm in my case) as there are no fitting instructions. A recommended drill bit size is about all the instructions you need mind, the rest is obvious.

I'm keepig it, I would buy another and I've recommended it to a friend, just make sure you bolt it to wall as securely as you can.

CYCLE STORAGE 2/3 BIKES WALL