5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Folding Work Stand
Published on 17 Jun. 2010 by A. Thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for heavy bikes
The clamp on the upright is not tight enough to cope with heavy bike - it slips down.

A simple fix is to use 1/2 a toilet roll tube as a shim (taped into position). There's a bonus that one doesn't need the "C" clamp any more, which looks like a post-manufacture bodge.
Published 17 months ago by FergusG

5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Folding Work Stand, 17 Jun. 2010
A. Thomson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
This folding stand is quite chunky, very robust, lightweight and has a wide padded jaw to grip almost any size of bike frame at any angle. It's stable, even when at full height and holding the heaviest of our bicycles (the mountain bike with full suspension front and rear. The jaws rotate through a complete circle and everything tightens up with QR type bolts, like you get on the better bicycle wheels. Incredibly, it folds (yes, I know the clue's in the name) down to a surprisingly small package that can easily be stored in the corner without the hose and the lawnmower cord tying themselves to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh cycle work stand., 23 July 2010
W. Taylor "Lortaybill" (Warrington England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
I had searched for a reasonable cycle workstand on a cost basis. I had viewed many in cycle shops and although good quality the prices were horrendous for an item that may be used just 3 or 4 times a year.
I read a review on Amazon about the Raleigh stand being "robust" and better quality than expected.
I decided to buy and with Amazons great delivery service it was here in 2 or 3 days.
I'm delighted with it,it is "robust" and holds my square framed and somewhat heavy electric bike with ease.
It will get used more than the few days a year because I have found it's so easy to erect I use it to clean the bike.
It folds well and can fit into a small place in the garage.
It's a pity it didn't come with a canvas storage bag.
It's well finished with solid rubber and plastic components. I can't really fault it's performance.
Don't hesitate, buy one, it's great value for money and will do the job for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Stand, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
Have used it only once but can see how much easier it makes bike maintenance. Very pleased with this product. Sound construction, easy adjustment and little storage space required. I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value for Money and a Treat, 22 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
You just can't get better value for money than this superb strong workshop stand....very well made and a treat to use, makes doing the bike jobs so easy now....why spend a load of money when this is available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 9 July 2010
Silver (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
I today took delivery of one of these stands. I'm a long-time cyclist who's getting a bit old in the tooth to be bending down for long periods, so I thought I'd get a stand to, hopefully, make make maintenence and cleaning my bike easier. I nearly bought a dearer stand which I saw had good reviews on Amazon, but instead went for this slightly cheaper model. And I'm glad I did.
This stand is brilliant. Made of top class materials and easily folding for storage in my small bike shed.
I couldn't wait to use it so I've been out this afternoon giving my bike the most thorough clean it's probably ever had, and the stand is everything I hoped it would be, strong and stable and allowing me to get all around my bike with no bending.
If you're looking for a bike stand I can't recommend this one highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Workstand review after 1 usage., 18 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
I have used this product once since the purchase in July 10. All in all happy with the purchase, would not like to pay more because there is too much plastic, the fastening clumps are made out of plastic, would be nice if they were made out of metal. However, it does not stop the product from functioning properly. May be from long term prospective this is a disadvantage. I presume the same product with more metal parts would have cost more. I have not used different products made by park tools so can't compare to other makes. I bought it for occasional domestic use and I would recommend it to a home mechanic like myself who likes servicing his own bike. It is steady; do not expect it to be rock solid. Have a look at the pics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Folding Work Cycle Stand, 6 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
Use for Occasional Home use, its very Rigid, there is No need to pay for a more Expensive Stand, this is Adequate. Very pleased with buy, would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Workstand, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
I'd been maintaining my hybrid bikes for about 15 years, just balancing them against a wall and/or turning them upside down to work on the gears. Decided to get a proper workstand to do a better job on the bikes and to save my back and knees from further punishment. I checked out the local stores and several web sites to see what was on offer, and decided to go for this Raleigh workstand because of its excellent reviews. Also its price - £60ish isn't massive against what I save in doing my own maintenance, but it's enough to spend for a bike that cost about £300. (It seems you can spend nearly £300 on a workstand, but I can't see why you'd want to).

I've used the workstand twice now - first for a major bike clean / lubricate and then for some maintenance work that included removing the cranks and wheels - and I'm absolutely delighted with it. It's a doddle to put up and fold away afterwards, looks and feels solid / robust, and is very versatile in that you can put the bike exactly where you want it. It takes the weight of my bike very comfortably and the QR clamps work well provided (as with all QRs) you tighten them up properly at the start. Also, the stand held the bike fine when I was trying to loosen the very tight bolts on my cranks - it didn't topple or drop the bike or even rock too much. No problems or niggles, other than a cover / carrying case would have been nice.

With the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, I should have got a workstand years ago. But, having got this one, I'm chuffed to bits with it and 100% happy to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars bike stand, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
Raleigh Folding Work Stand This is very good. My daughter uses it regularly to clean her 2 bikes. One is a mountain bike that gets very muddy and using this makes the work much easier. It is quite heavy but suppose it needs to be to support the bikes weight. Easy to erect and folds well therefore not taking up much room. A very good purchase and she is very happy. No more trying to clean the chain whilst supporting the bike on a garden chair!! Hopefully it will last for years

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike stand, 11 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle (Sports)
Having had a few issues with my bike recently I purchased this stand to work on my bike and give it a good clean down. Despite it only having two legs, it easily held my 17kg mountain bike whilst I cleaned my bike and attempted to sort my gears out.

A bike stand is an essential item when working on your bike, and makes cleaning a bike much easier too.

My bike has an awkward box style square frame which means it often won't accommodate clips and clamps, but this stand held my bike very easily and incredibly stable too. The clamp swivels through 360 degrees making it very versatile, allowing you to clamp the bike frame (even my awkward one) or the seat post. The grooved clamp also means I was able to keep my brake cable free so was able to use my brakes easily.

One slight niggle: The clamp arm lock is not the greatest. The plastic teeth interlock fine, but it worked a little lose after a while, but I was giving my bike a thorough going over and it was on the stand for quite sometime (90min +). The bike was secure, just needed a minor adjustment to secure the clamp arm.

Excellent value for the money though. If you look round, you'll realise this stand is really cheap but is great quality!

Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle