4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Buy
Published 20 months ago by Munki652

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply horrible!!!!
Published on 24 Mar 2012 by SpeedySpod

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Buy, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
Have a Raleigh MTB so plumbed for these to save getting wet. Very good. The Rear went on easy and there are two different ways to fit it depending on your fixing points and preference. Went on easy - aligned well and more to the point does the job of keeping my bottom and back dry. Been on the bike for a couple of weeks now and not gotten loose, not moved, really happy with it. Front was more fiddly. This fits to the V Brake U Bracket and mine are cheap made out of pressed metal. Was much more difficult to fit especially as the back face of my V Brake Bracket is curved. Very fiddly, but got it on. Despite my reservations it has not come loose and it does the job. Have only given 4 stars because the front could probably do with being a little bit longer. That said they are well made solid affairs, and for the price I should not really be making any complaints at all. You could do much worse but probably not a lot better for the price. A good solid buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guards!, 6 Nov 2009
A. R. Watkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
Added these black moulded mudguards to my Raleigh Max mountain bike so I can ride it in the Winter without being plastered! They fitted a treat, simple and easy. The flexible fitting allows you to fit with various brake types. Mine had the usual V Brakes. The bike actually looks better now in my view. A real winner as far as I am concerned. A really good purchase and I keep my legs and back nice and dry! Thanks Raleigh.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but crazy packaging, 10 Jan 2011
A. Smith "Irritable of Cheshire" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
Mudguards work well and are easy to fit. Arrived on time but packaging terrible. Not only was the box way too big for the product but it was barely secured with sticky tape and coming open at the seams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatible, 16 Aug 2012
J. M. Gaff "coolmike51" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
These arrived within two days of being ordered and fitted my Raleigh FireFly hybrid bike perfectly. They were a an absolute doddle to fit with, in my opinion, clear, concise and easy to understand instructions. Should do the job perfectly!

Just ordered a second pair as I was totally satisfied with the first set. This time I put them on a Barossa Santa Fee hybrid bike, again a doddle to fit and having been out off-roading they stayed put, and more importantly, kept the mud and water off me.

I would ignore the more negative reviews as either they haven't researched thoroughly enough what guards to buy, or can't read instructions!

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply horrible!!!!, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
Yep, I fell for it: price seemed o.k. for 'just' a pair of mud guards. But hey, that's about it. That's what you will receive: a pair of mudguards with NO instructions (who needs them anyway???) and a mounting set that simply does not fit to the frame of a Raleigh 'Spirit' (18" frame, 26' wheels, men's version). Even if you would succeed after quite a lot of thinking and fiddling, the nuts surplied are meant for a much wider frame set. I tried to help myself with strings and wires, but my attempts are appauling due to that these guards give quite a lot of leeway, which is simply STUPID and HAZARDOUS.

Can I recommend these? NOPE!!! Compatibility with Raleigh???? NO WAY!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars These are Easy to fit mudguards from Raleigh, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
This is a First class set of mudguards , it keeps the mud off your back and that's the reason for buying them and as they are very easy to fit so all in all a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars mud gaurds, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
well packed fitted easy keeps most of the mud off good price just the job easy to keep clean to

5.0 out of 5 stars Item as expected, 17 Oct 2013
S Shiel "PathMan" (Slough, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
Item was as described and expected.
Fitted it to my wifes bike in 5 minutes and seems solid.
A good purchase, thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect close fitting M/Grd, 2 Oct 2013
D. Sewerin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
I brought these for a recently purchased MTB which has disc brakes. They are very easy to fit, I have 26 x 2.1 chunky tyres which these guards clear with half an inch to spare. They arrived in good time and I would definitely recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Raleigh M/Grd Pair V-Brake Compatib (Sports)
No longer had to deal with a line of mud down my shirt! Really does the job and fairly easy to install. Only problem was with front guard which I did not tighten enough and would sometimes move out of place and touch the wheel. (that was my mistake which I later fixed) Make sure you install correctly and you will enjoy them!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›