on 3 February 2011
I bought this smart little camcorder after my kids had been bought one each as Christmas presents. I was very impressed with its capabilities, given its price!
great for capturing clips when out and about, battery life has been good and I think the overall quality of the finished recording is good too.
We have watched clips straight to TV through the AV cable, or edited stuff with windows moviemaker.
A 2GB SD-card gives about 35mins of video when camera is set on its best quality/highest resolution.
In my opinion this is a great little camcorder for the money.
on 28 December 2008
this is just great, for the money it is spot on as a present - cheap enough for my 10 year old to get into shooting clips on holiday etc... thanks to the SD card memory, the battery lasts for ages - and the quality is great outdoors and more than good enough inside..

recommended
22 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2009
i bought three of these for xmas and all recipients thought they were great (8,18,24). They are very small (fit in a pocket/bag easily)and light and feel a bit tacky, but believe me they work a treat, well worth the money I paid for them.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2010
So My 7yr old loves making videos on my Iphone so I decided to buy her a video camera. I choose this camera mainly due to the price. And guess what you get what you pay for. The quality is not HD but my daughter loves it. she continually fills up the 2gb flash I put in it and never complains about the quality of the video or that there is no sound on the camera. To be honest I think Mustek should rectify this as I could see it being annoying for some. Reading other reviews I've got to say some people are never happy. If you want a high quality video camera guess what you have to pay for it. This camera is a great starter for a child who just likes to make short videos with her friends.
on 11 November 2008
Was a bit weary as hadn't seen a review for it but I bought it anyway for my daughter for Xmas. Its small and compact. Easy to use and not bad picture quality for its price. Happy with purchase.
on 8 January 2011
i only got it yesterday but its soo great!~
it very small and weights about 10grams! it came without a SD card but it was only £2.50 for one of amazon The picture isnt great but i wasnt looking for something amazing!it has a torch on the front and its got a case and strap to hold it. I know its oly been a day but i can tell its gonna last a long time! best purchase i ever made of amazon. If your looking for some great camera dont look her its a just 4 fun one nothing special but what do you exspect from a vidio camera for just [...]? It voice records vidios for a long time takes camera shots and it is soo easy to use thanks
on 16 September 2011
This is brilliant value! The video quality is good and the pictures are quite good quality too - the sound quality is very good. My only meh is that the night-time filming outside isn't very good - the lights on the front don't make a massive difference to the images going in the camera and the images I took outside in the evening don't really show up, which is a bit of a shame. So if you want to film outside at night, please check you have loads of lighting around. It wouldn't stop me buying this camera and I'm really pleased with it. It also comes with a range of other features, like sepia, black and white etc, so you can have fun with what you film. Really good and I'd definately recommend it. Not a cheap waste of money!
on 10 January 2009
Purchased this as my first camcorder, i have next to no expirience with taking moving pictures although good with cameras. I find the picture quality very good and i find no technical issues.
The only thing i will say is that it is very light, ideal for travel, however it makes it difficault to keep the image steady without resting or using a tripod. otherwise a very good buy.
on 16 January 2010
i really dont know why anyone would seroiusly want to complain about this camcorder i think its great. battries that came with it are still workin after me using it quite a bit. it was easy to set up and use. picture quality was ok. i couldnt have asked for more. especially at such a cheap price.
on 6 August 2012
I'm a beginner so I wanted a very simple camcorder, and this one seemed to fit the bill. But it's not as good quality as the video setting on my ordinary digital camera and it doesn't feel as robust, so I'm disappointed. The video and audio are several seconds out of synch on all the video clips I've tried so far, and the batteries ran out after only a day - i.e. a few trial clips of less than a minute each! I can't decide if mine is faulty or if I am doing something stupid (I've only had it 2 days), so for now I just wanted to warn people that:

(a) The batteries it comes with do not last more than about half an hour. I suspect you really need rechargeable ones (as with all digital cameras). They are AAA size, so make sure you've already got a AAA charger before you buy this or it might end up costing you more than you think!

(b) As other reviewers have pointed out, the product description is wrong. You have to insert a SD card before the camera will work.

In conclusion, it's a cheap camera and you get what you pay for. If you don't want to film people talking, it might be OK. But if you're giving it to someone as a present, I'd suggest also buying them 3 rechargeable AAA batteries, a charger, and a new SD card. And test it first! Mine doesn't work as well as other reviews here seem to suggest.