Format: DVD|Change

on 28 December 2008
Clarkson has done it again for Christmas with another DVD and the main man The Stig is there as always. All the usual bits and pieces you would expect from fast cars to blowing thibgs up. The cars were great, arial filming on location in the alps is just stunning just what we expect from the Top Gear film crew - top notch work guys (and gals).

It's a showcase of the engineering masterpieces at the present day and age. And as usual, to tie things together, Clarkson's incessant humerous comments provide very frequent bouts of laughter which makes the journey to find the perfect thriller car a highly enjoyable experience.

The only thing I didn't like in the film was that a whole segment towards the middle is based on blowing things up rather than finding the perfect thrill.

It's a very enjoyable film to watch for all the petrol-heads out there and I'd highly recommend it.
on 31 October 2008
This is by far, the best Jeremy Clarkson DVD yet! It has amazingly beautiful supercars, such as the Aston DBS (the coolest car ever), the Pagani Zonda F, the Alfa 8C and lots more. And it wouldn't be right if the Stig wasn't there, so here he is, chasing sheep as always! Jodie Kidd also makes a star appearance, racing Clarkson through water. This DVD is a must-have christmas present this year, it has all you want if you are a car or Top Gear enthusiast.
on 7 November 2009
This Clarkson DVD is nothing special, yes there are very, very beautiful cars in it but it lacks entertainment, unlike Top Gear and his usual DVDs.

I would expect something like this to come from someone from fifth gear, practicle consumer advice, albeit with supercars, not Top Gear, as I am used to humor and excitement and this lacks in it just slightly.

If I hadn't seen Top Gear or his other DVD's I would probably have liked it but I have and with those shows he has set the bar really high, but, unfortunately, with this DVD he has just failed to reach that bar.
on 8 May 2009
I get so sick of people berating Jeremy for gloryfying speed trying to kill the planet. It is an actual fact that cows cause more harm to the ozone layer than all cars in the world. The fact is Clarkson isn't gloryfying speed at all, and we all dream of owning our favourite supercars, and these dvds and, indeed, top gear, allows us to escape into a world where we can imagine ourselves owning such cars, and having fun. These dvds are funny, as Clarkson has brilliant one-liners for bad aspects of a car, and give us a proper, no nonsense review of the car. And if you are the sort of person who is offended by this stuff, or the sort of person who speeds recklessly o public roads because you saw it being done by someone like Jeremy on a track, there is a cure. You can grow up.
on 28 February 2009
Bought it - watched it - put it on the shelf - forgot I'd bought it until Amazon e-mailed me with a reminder to review it.

Clarkson is always good value on TV and I never miss Top Gear. However, we've seen this all before.
on 15 December 2008
Clarkson has done it again for Christmas with another brillant DVD on you know what and the main man The Stig is there as always. All the usual bits and pieces a must buy for any Top Gear fan or petrol head. Lets hope he carrys on doing them because the guy is a legend!!
on 5 December 2014
I bought this for my dad who generally likes Top Gear and especially the high-end dream cars.

This DVD delivers in every way! Fast Cars, The Stig, Explosions and Blowing stuff up!!!

I loved the Aston Martin DBS in James Bond and this is brilliantly shown-off on this DVD.

There's a Pagani Zonda F Roadster, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera and a Ferrari 430 Scuderia! All incredible cars that get fully worked out!

A must watch for any Clarkson/Top Gear fan!!
on 15 February 2009
I really like Jeremy Clarkson. His Top Gear performances are brilliant. However I was slightly disappointed in this dvd. Thriller it was not. I loved seeing the cars and hearing about them and seeing him drive them was interesting. They were exciting models but to call it Thriller is not quite right. "Jeremy Clarkson's Interesting Drives", would have been better. There was no edge-of-the-seat stuff and certainly no stunts.
on 8 February 2010
A cool video, especially if you are Clarkson's fan.
It is not descriptive as some (especially German) tests are. But Jeremy will tell and show you things that you cannot find in any brochure like: Is it fun to drive? Is it comfortable enough to go 1000 km in it? Is it thrilling to drive it? Will Zonda attract women?
Great fun from the beginning till the very end featuring the most beautiful stock cars of 2007 and 2008.
on 30 September 2009
Jeremy Clarkson - you are God! This guy is so funny. Honestly, he's just the best presenter on TV. His take on everything is always so sharp and witty it's just unbelievable. No idea where he gets all his ideas from but he's just brilliant. There's some great cars in here and some amazing locations but the best bit's Clarkson himself. I wish he was my Dad.