5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Beat In-Ear Headphones
Got these a replacement to the CX300 mk1s which I have been using every day as I walk to an from work.

First thing to note is the build quality. A bigger, gold plated jack looks and feels alot sturdier. Its bigger size has however not been a hinderance. The junction reinforcement, where each cable splits off has also been beefed up making these feel much more...
Published on 13 Dec 2010 by Ricol

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I wrote a 5 star review for this a few weeks ago
Yes, I wrote a review for this product, the CX300-iis, not too long ago, praising its great sound quality at a value price. I have had these earphones since July 2010 and everything seemed fine - I had looked after them perfectly, treated them well, no physical breakage whatsoever. I had stated in my earlier review how some of these reviewers may have bought fakes, or...
Published on 9 Dec 2010 by D. Diep

‹ Previous | 1 2 385 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed jack, 28 Feb 2012
As several other customers have said, the L-shaped jack is a major design flaw. Mine stopped working after 2 months of very carefu use, i.e. no pulling of cords, not putting mp3 player in pockets and so on. They look brand new, nothing visible from outside, but no sound is produced. Great shame for a good brand. Sound is good for news, not great for music. Not recommended at all, buy something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars High Treble frequencies are unpleasantly pronounced, 9 April 2014
Mr. A. Griffin "D0pethrone" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
UPDATE: 2 and a half weeks after purchasing the right ear phone has stopped working. Sennheiser have clearly let the quality drop on their lower end products. TBH i think i would have been better off paying 20 on a pair of SkullCandy or Soundmagics.

For all the stress, poor quality construct and below par sound - DO NOT BUY THESE EARPHONES

---------------------------------------------
This is the fourth or fifth pair of Sennheiser earphones i have bought in the past 3 years (i keep losing them) and this most recent pair have really unpleasant hight treble frequencies boosted, some bands/albums are almost un-listen-able with the new range of CX 300 IIs,

Clarity of sound is great, no discernible 'bass boost' though as they claim and as i mentioned horrid boosting of everything above 6,000hz range.

Very disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars After 3 years my previous pair broke... so bought another pair without hesitation, 1 July 2013
Paul Shaw "perplexed" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
My previous pair lasted 3 years after constant use, which I think is quite exceptional considering I use them every single day on a long commute. When they eventually broke (sound only through one ear - the typical failure of all headphones) I didn't think twice about getting another pair exactly the same. They cut out external noise really well, which is important on a noisy bus (with occasionally noisy passengers!) and the sound quality is great. I remember being amazed at the difference between standard headphones and these when I first got them. Worth the money and would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars After 2-3 years+ of owning these.., 26 Jan 2013
MK "~M" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Sound: great deep thumping bass, makes the side of my head vibrate most times! Clear and well reproduced in the other ranges, owning these for a long time i can say it works well across all devices (ive used playbook, ipod touch, ipad 3, laptops and computers, nintendo ds, nexus 4, the lot.)

Build quality: ive worn these in the gym, going for a jog, hundreds of bus tube snd train journeys, as well as sitting in the library working. These phones have lasted for over 3 years of HEAVY abuse.. I always scrunch these up in my pocket and am constantly snagging these on things.. Im more than impressed with the durability of these. They broke only yesterday and im satisfied i got my moneys worth!

Aesthetics: these in white will obviously discolor as i found out. Not only the buds but also the cable and the jack itself. The jack actually is turning yellow!!

Comfort: now here's where im unsure. Typically i could only wear these for about 30mins to an hour before they started irritating my ears and i had to take them off.. The discomfort is more noticeable when youre sitting still and concentrating on something, like uni work in a library or something... But in the gym you dont notice it as the rest of your body is in pain any way lol.

Would i buy these again: probably not, solely because i dont find in ear's particularly comfortable, and want to wear headphones that i can keep on for hours while i work for hours.

Would i recommend these: yes i certainly would. ESPECIALLY to people who go through loads of headphones in a year, these senns are bomb proof!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy them, 8 July 2012
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Silver
I bought these Sennheiser CX300 II earphones after reading a very good review on Stuff magazine.

They come in a nice small black carry pouch with an extension cable and 2 types/3 sizes earbuds (6 in total). Sound is very good, better than any I have experienced from earphones before.

Unfortunately there are two major issues with these that have forced me to decide to return them to Amazon:

1. They will not stay in my ears for long, even when I am not moving. They constantly fall off and I keep pushing them back in. Very annoying. I tried all earbuds and all possible ways - pushing them in, twisting them, changing the angle, however nothing worked. They just pop out and fall every few seconds.

2. In the last month, the power/volume has considerably decreased on the one for the right ear. I can barely hear with the volume at max. The sound is still fine on the left earphone, but obviously listening from one ear is unacceptable. I checked it and cleaned it with a dry cloth, but no change. It looks clean; so it must be a fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars great but you have to work with them, 30 Sep 2011
Great headphones, rated by Hifi Mags and for the price they are excellent. A big improvement on the headphones you get bundled with music players. You will get excellent sound but bear in mind the following. I think they do need some running in before they sound best. You will get the best sound and isolation by trying the different ear fittings you get with them until you get a snug fitting in ear. If you don't they will sound thin and toppy.Update- having used the RHA ones for 30 for some time I would buy the RHAs by far a batter fit into the ear given their unique shape

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a year... dodgy?, 17 Aug 2011
Ta Rykala - See all my reviews
I've had a couple of pairs of the CX 300's in the past and none of them broke after a year. 2.5 years more like. Either Sennheiser has decreased the quality of these or these weren't the real thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars good bass sound, just careful with the cord, 24 Nov 2010
Was very satisfied with CX300II when it comes to sound quality. It is best for watching movies on laptop. However, after 5 months of daily use the right earpiece got intermittent sound due to cord / wire problem.

If you bought this, avoid massaging or straightening the cord before you put it back to its pouch because you will stretch the soft cord and the wires inside it might easily be affected.

2.0 out of 5 stars Product showed promise, but was dissapointing following usage., 13 July 2010
I had high hopes when I purchased the Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones, following some generally good reviews. It was well presented in its packaging and as expected came with different sized heads for the earphones. Sadly, in my own experience the product did not meet my expectations. I didn't find the earphones particularly comfortable and the sound quality did not seem any better than the standard earphones I had hoped they would replace. I didn't notice any significant increase in sound quality- though in fairness, I am using a Sansa Fuze with customised firmware from 'Rockbox'- and as for the 'noise isolation,' this certainly wasn't what I expected. It simply didn't block out external noises and the icing on the cake was the sound being distorted each time I made contact with the jack end of the headphones.

Some reviews mentioned this, but that this was a problem within minutes of using the product, I decided it wasn't for me.

In short, I suppose they are OK if you don't mind being stationary whilst using them, but if you do a lot of walking like me, you want earphones that play your music well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear sound, 9 Dec 2009
I decided to get this headphones based on the strength of the reviews they had recieved and everyone is totally right, they are brilliant, the noise isolation is same as jamming your fingers in your ears but its comfortable and means the volume doesn't need to be so loud for you to hear the music or whatever very clearly. Although i found them rather tinny to begin with but after a few hours i noticed that the bass started to come through and when listening to heavy bassy music e.g. the heavy nickelback stuff you can really hear the difference between these and other headphones, the feel of the actual physical headphone is very good also with three different bud sizes for different ear sizes and there is even a nice little case to keep them in. overall definately a 5* product

‹ Previous | 1 2 385 | Next ›