5.0 out of 5 stars Best In ear phones in this price range on the market
I have owned a few Sennheiser In ear phones and they have always provided excellent sound quality. The bass is deep and soft, the mids and treble crystal clear. A much better choice than comparable products (I have owned some popular Sony models and even £100 Bose In ear phones that couldn't match the sound quality)

Unbeatable at this price!!!!!
Published on 19 Jun. 2012 by Maik

1.0 out of 5 stars Item completely failed within 2 months of purchase
Published 3 months ago by Tony Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Best In ear phones in this price range on the market, 19 Jun. 2012

Unbeatable at this price!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in-ear headphones I've come accross, 16 Feb. 2011
I don't know what the person before was on about (no base), these are the best in-ear headphones I've used. If you use the right size adapters the base is very strong for their size.

I used my friends original Apple headphones the other day - what utter rubbish they are. I couldn't go back to them now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 30 Mar. 2013
Very good earphones for the price, much better than any pair of ear phones I have heard within a comparable price range. I did have to have them replaced due to wear 'n' tear after a years worth of use though but this was free under the 2 year Sennheiser Warranty, I did wear them everyday and exercise whilst wearing them so they did take a good beating.

I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 25 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Sennheiser CX 200 Street II - Comfortable Ear-canal Phones with Bass Driven Sound - Black (Electronics)
Earphones are nice and comfortable, also seem to fit snugly.

I found the cord is just the right length to be able to plug into an MP3 player in my pocket and exercise without finding the earphones getting yanked out of my ears every so often which is the case with the earphones that came with my MP3 player.

The earphones work well at drowning out any background noise. Even when there's no music playing there's a considerable amount of outside noise reduced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great commuting headphone, 12 Sept. 2009
I use these with my iPod to commute every day to work, by bus and tube. The bass is great, full and rich, this is my favorite part. The overall sound of the headphones is pretty powerful as well, nice clean punch sound. The background noise is drowned out pretty well, great physical noise abatement (the way the earphones fit is top notch). But these are by no means as good at drowning out background noise as my Bose quiet comforts, but for 1/10th the price the Sennheisers do a great job. Nice cord length, and a neat little gadget on the cord to wrap up part of the cord if it's too long (like if you're exercising). I've tried both these and the similar Sony model, and while I've been happy with both, the sound from these is just a little more intense.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item completely failed within 2 months of purchase, 20 Mar. 2015
Tony Collins (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The item completely failed within 2 months of purchase. I strongly warn people against buying an item that is clearly so shoddy, and of such poor construction. I also want to draw people's attention to the fact that Amazon's systems tell you "the item is not eligible for return" when attempting to get redress for such a poorly performing item. Consumer law is on the purchaser's side here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound when correctly inserted, 8 Jun. 2010
Excellent sound right through bass/mid/high ranges when inserted correctly (see note below). I had first generation CX300 before these and if anything I would say CX200 are slightly better sound. (also tried some Skullcandy Smokin Buds for a while but wasn't that impressed)

Added benefit of isolating most outside noise (eg on the train with those annoying prats shouting into their mobiles or tinny symbal noises from oblivious idiots with open backed iPod earbuds). These are noisless to others even at high volume so are considerate to your fellow passengers.

Because the driver is tiny it uses less power than conventional headphones = more battery life for your MP3 player.

Negative? I don't like the rubber-feel cable covering as much as the stiff plastic, tangle-free CX300 ones I had, hence overall 4/5.

(Note: 'ear canal' headphones are not the same as 'in ear' ones that just lurk inside the wider opening of your ear. These ones need to be inserted further into the ear to get the benefit of some excellent bass sounds from the tiny driver output being near your eardrum and movement of the 'sealed' air. I've seen people on the train with 'em sticking out at all sorts of weird angles and they must be thinking the sound isn't great)

With decent headphones like this, don't compromise too much on bitrate when you rip your CDs. Try comparing the same tracks at 128 kbps vs 192 kbps - I'm no audiophile but I think you need at least the latter to do justice to the music!

4.0 out of 5 stars Half decent in ears wothout breaking the bank, 22 Jan. 2014
M. Newman (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
To start off with I'm by far an expert on these things so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Good quality eargasms for not a lot of dosh! They look good in white, are comfy in the ear and do a good job at keeping the nasty sounds out. As you can see you get a selection of rubbery bits to suit various sizes of lugholes.

Chuffed to bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earphones from world leaders in studio quality, 26 July 2011
Mr. J. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
I own and use these earphones, and have felt compelled to write my own review as I see a lot of negative comments on here like "no bass" and "broken" etc.

The first thing you need to do when using new "in ear" 'phones such as these is to fit the LARGEST buds available. This will ensure a perfect seal between the foam rubber and your inner ear canal, prevent sound escaping (which leads to poor sound quality and annoyance of others).

Another popular misconception is loss of sound quality.

What are we listening to?. If it's highly compressed mp3 files through an iphone, ipod or similar consider the source material. If you have downloaded a bunch of songs or albums from the net, the chances are they are going to be of a low quality due to a low bit rate.

If you put garbage in, you'll get garbage out!.

A lot of downloadable music has that fluffy, fourth generation "tape of a tape" sound to it. I personally only rip my CDs at the highest possible mp3 bit rate : 320kbps. Even then, listening to my original CDs I can hear a vast difference that the compression and conversion of music files has caused. But, you cannot carry 5000 Cds about with you all the time!.

Remember: high quality headphones will reveal imperfections in the audio source!. A similar disclaimer used to appear printed on the back cover of a lot of CDs back in the '80s, but I digress.

Another way to consider this, is by watching some beat-up, scrunched ex-rental VHS videotape on a 60" HD 1080p TV screen, it won't look (or sound) pretty.

Hopefully, you get the idea.

And for those that manage to break your headphones after 5 minutes?

...you must be the kind of idiots that after removing your 'phones, proceed to wrap the cord around your mp3 player so TIGHTLY as if you are trying to squeeze the dear life out of it!!!.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good earbuds.... UNTIL you compare them to other sennheiser earbuds, they're definely sub par !, 20 Feb. 2014
Robbo (Somerset ,England) - See all my reviews
Ive owned my CX200s for about a year and have very much enjoyed listening to my music through them. They replaced my original cx300 which finally died on me. At first I thought the sound wasn't as good as my previous pair but since they were sennheiser I thought I must have been wrong. I've used them quite happily until I lost them a few days ago.... I went out and bought the sennheiser cx475's since I read good reviews about them and the price difference was negligable at its sale price.

Sods law I found my cx200s a few hours
ago when sorting out my dirty washing. I'd already opened the packaging on my new pair so couldn't return them.

I was slightly annoyed with myself for now having two pairs of earbuds, wasting my money when I hadn't needed to !

I own a belkin mixit and plugged both pairs into my mac. I'm blow away by how poor my cx200s sound compared to my new pair. I must have been initially right in thinking my older earbuds sounded better than the cx200s. The cx200 are pleasant enough to listen to but in comparison the mid tones are completely lacking ! they sound muddy and flat compared to the cx475's

You might say that is to be expected that a more expensive pair would sound better but I'm shocked that there is such a difference ! I've literally gone onto my laptop and am writing this review as I want people to understand that for the current price (£25 ) you could do much better than these earbuds !

I bought both pairs from the same high street store so I doubt my pair of cx200s were counterfeit. I'm listening to recent songs I've downloaded and am finding details from the midtones which I just could'nt hear with my cx200's. I'm kinda glad I lost them now for me to realise what I was missing out on.

Tom