4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable
Earphones are nice and comfortable, also seem to fit snugly.

I found the cord is just the right length to be able to plug into an MP3 player in my pocket and exercise without finding the earphones getting yanked out of my ears every so often which is the case with the earphones that came with my MP3 player.

The earphones work well at drowning out any...
Published on 25 Jan 2009 by Fiking

3.0 out of 5 stars Great
Published 21 months ago by james15

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 25 Jan 2009
This review is from: Sennheiser CX 200 Street II - Comfortable Ear-canal Phones with Bass Driven Sound - Black (Electronics)
Earphones are nice and comfortable, also seem to fit snugly.

The earphones work well at drowning out any background noise. Even when there's no music playing there's a considerable amount of outside noise reduced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable with good bass quality, 20 Sep 2010
I'm quite particular about the quality of my headphones, both in terms of sound quality and ergonomics. For years I've been using the Sony Fontopias: Sony MDR-ED21LP Groove Shaped Earpiece headphones which, I still believe to be the best inner-ear ear phones I've ever used in this(/that) price bracket. (Interestingly enough the Fontopias price has now almost halved, making it an even better steal).

Unfortunately, the retailer I used to purchase those from has apparently stopped selling them (except online), but I still want the relatively cheap 3 year extended warranty that that retailer offers. I'm unwilling to buy any headphones without some sort of extra insurance cover as the standard one year warranty is useless since they all start malfunctioning in around 12 months time. So rather than paying 20 every 12 months, by simply replacing them for free every year when they inevitably started to break down, and then paying 6 to renew the insurance when that runs out, i only pay 6 every 3 years. The retailer scuppered my brilliant plan however by not selling the product anymore. So in the last couple of weeks I've been hunting around for a worthy replacement pair.

After trying out several other models these CX200's were the only pair i found remotely compareable to the Sony Fontopias in terms of bass reproduction, which was probably the Fontopias main selling point (and a high priority for me personally). They are also very comfortable though, even after long periods of time they felt pleasant, as opposed to some other headphones which either slightly irritate, or just outright hurt. They do a good job of "noise cancelling" too, which I didn't expect, I was able to enjoy music on the tube much better than i expected (be warned though, some tube lines are much louder than others) and they do have a good max volume, slightly higher than others I had tried recently. They also have a good cable length of 1.2 metres, a cable that's too short has it's obvious limitations, but I've come across ones that I felt were too long, for me at least, as the excess cable dangles quite annoyingly, or you have to make the effort to somehow stash it away.

Overall, a great purchase. They are comfortable, block out external noise quite well, and have a very good bass response. I wouldn't call them an equal to the Sony Fontopia, whose price even before the recent cut was still lower, and whose bass quality is still a bit superior, but they are definitely a worthy rival, certainly the closest rival that i've encountered. If they were even more competatively priced, I'd have given them 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Full-range frequency responce, 9 Nov 2009
A. Smith (Weymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
These headphones were purchased as a replacement to my original Apple iPhone headphones which only lasted 6 months of medium use. Getting on with the new ones really well, the in-ear fitting ensures they don't fall out every minute when walking or going to the gym. These do come with three different size ear molds to ensure a good tight fit no matter the ear size. The volume level is always very responsive and sound is crisp. The bass response is very effective for a pair of headphone in this price range. The gold plug looks to be well made - this usually seems to be the weakest point on headphones for me, where the cable reaches the end and gets pulled about a bit - but looking and the jack plug on these reassures me that they will last long. As with all in-ear canal type any noise is canceled away just leaving the music you wanna hear, I find this really useful when working in a noisy factory or on my motorbike...they might take you a couple of minutes to get used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earphones from world leaders in studio quality, 26 July 2011
Mr. J. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
I own and use these earphones, and have felt compelled to write my own review as I see a lot of negative comments on here like "no bass" and "broken" etc.

The first thing you need to do when using new "in ear" 'phones such as these is to fit the LARGEST buds available. This will ensure a perfect seal between the foam rubber and your inner ear canal, prevent sound escaping (which leads to poor sound quality and annoyance of others).

Another popular misconception is loss of sound quality.

What are we listening to?. If it's highly compressed mp3 files through an iphone, ipod or similar consider the source material. If you have downloaded a bunch of songs or albums from the net, the chances are they are going to be of a low quality due to a low bit rate.

If you put garbage in, you'll get garbage out!.

A lot of downloadable music has that fluffy, fourth generation "tape of a tape" sound to it. I personally only rip my CDs at the highest possible mp3 bit rate : 320kbps. Even then, listening to my original CDs I can hear a vast difference that the compression and conversion of music files has caused. But, you cannot carry 5000 Cds about with you all the time!.

Remember: high quality headphones will reveal imperfections in the audio source!. A similar disclaimer used to appear printed on the back cover of a lot of CDs back in the '80s, but I digress.

Another way to consider this, is by watching some beat-up, scrunched ex-rental VHS videotape on a 60" HD 1080p TV screen, it won't look (or sound) pretty.

Hopefully, you get the idea.

And for those that manage to break your headphones after 5 minutes?

...you must be the kind of idiots that after removing your 'phones, proceed to wrap the cord around your mp3 player so TIGHTLY as if you are trying to squeeze the dear life out of it!!!.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound when correctly inserted, 8 Jun 2010
Excellent sound right through bass/mid/high ranges when inserted correctly (see note below). I had first generation CX300 before these and if anything I would say CX200 are slightly better sound. (also tried some Skullcandy Smokin Buds for a while but wasn't that impressed)

Added benefit of isolating most outside noise (eg on the train with those annoying prats shouting into their mobiles or tinny symbal noises from oblivious idiots with open backed iPod earbuds). These are noisless to others even at high volume so are considerate to your fellow passengers.

Because the driver is tiny it uses less power than conventional headphones = more battery life for your MP3 player.

Negative? I don't like the rubber-feel cable covering as much as the stiff plastic, tangle-free CX300 ones I had, hence overall 4/5.

(Note: 'ear canal' headphones are not the same as 'in ear' ones that just lurk inside the wider opening of your ear. These ones need to be inserted further into the ear to get the benefit of some excellent bass sounds from the tiny driver output being near your eardrum and movement of the 'sealed' air. I've seen people on the train with 'em sticking out at all sorts of weird angles and they must be thinking the sound isn't great)

With decent headphones like this, don't compromise too much on bitrate when you rip your CDs. Try comparing the same tracks at 128 kbps vs 192 kbps - I'm no audiophile but I think you need at least the latter to do justice to the music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great commuting headphone, 12 Sep 2009
I use these with my iPod to commute every day to work, by bus and tube. The bass is great, full and rich, this is my favorite part. The overall sound of the headphones is pretty powerful as well, nice clean punch sound. The background noise is drowned out pretty well, great physical noise abatement (the way the earphones fit is top notch). But these are by no means as good at drowning out background noise as my Bose quiet comforts, but for 1/10th the price the Sennheisers do a great job. Nice cord length, and a neat little gadget on the cord to wrap up part of the cord if it's too long (like if you're exercising). I've tried both these and the similar Sony model, and while I've been happy with both, the sound from these is just a little more intense.

5.0 out of 5 stars great - love em!, 24 Feb 2013
Bought another pair to replace old ones - have little ears and these headphones come with various sized inner ear rubber thingys!
Great sound and no noise leakage. They arrived on time - Very happy with them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones, 13 Feb 2013
These are the best earphones I have purchased, excellent sound, very comfortable, really happy would recommend everyone but a pair

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Dec 2012
I tend to be a bit fussy about earphones. I want good sound quality and also good noise isolation (I'm a greenkeeper so they need to block out the sound of a mower). I tend to avoid the more expensiive ones after I bought some 30 Sonys which were pretty useless. I found that Creative EP-630's suited my needs perfectly, but don't last very long - having gone through 3 pairs in a year I decided to try something different, and I found that these Sennheisers tick all the boxes - good sound quality, good noise isolation, and they last a lot longer than the Creatives, after 6 months I'm still on my first pair. Would recommend.
EDIT: A week after writing this review, they are finally beginning to show signs of giving up. One side is louder than the other, and both sides are a lot quieter than they were. Maybe I was just unlucky this time. And seeing as I work outdoors I wouldn't be surprised if they've suffered a little water damage with this year's weather. They've lasted about twice as long as the Creatives so I'll definitely buy them again.
EDIT: Another 6 months on, the second pair are going the same way. Trying Sennheiser CX-870 next, hoping something more expensive might last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 2 July 2009
I bought these headphones to replace my Ipod headphones after they decided to fall apart on me, and apon hearing my music though these babies, I strongly recommend them! Especially over the tacky Ipod ones! They are very comfortable and do come with different sized ear plug things for maximum comfort, I do advise though that you play around with the different sizes and possitions in your ear, as this will affect the quality of sound. They are quality though and though, to ever detail.