on 20 March 2015
The item completely failed within 2 months of purchase. I strongly warn people against buying an item that is clearly so shoddy, and of such poor construction. I also want to draw people's attention to the fact that Amazon's systems tell you "the item is not eligible for return" when attempting to get redress for such a poorly performing item. Consumer law is on the purchaser's side here.
on 10 December 2012
I would be cynical and drop a star because the 'bass is EQ'd a little too high', but that would only be a feasable action if the headphones cost >£50. These headphones are aimed at the typical music listener that wants a bit more of a professional sound quality when listening to their music on the go.

The verdict: As a musician, audio engineer and electronic music producer, I expect a high quality level sound at home, in the studio AND on the go. Although on the go I refuse to carry around my £120 pair of AKG K272 MKIIs, the answer is clear; I need something relatively cheap (£20 is cheap if you are a producer), comfortable, and good quality. These headphones are perfect. BRILLIANT noise cancellation for use on the bus to work / college. You won't hear anyone's conversations, you won't hear the bus whirring, and you can live without fear of anyone hearing your barbie girl theme song blasting out of your earphones. The noise containment and cancellation is brilliant. Bad news last I guess: As a music producer I expect a 'flat EQ', what this means in short is that none of the frequencies are boosted; but what you find in most consumer headphones / earphones is that they boost the bass and the highs to make them sound 'more professional' and to cover up the fact that the mids aren't very precise and clear as they are the hardest to replicate. The bass is mostly just mud, and the highs are mostly just 'zing'; we pick them up the least precisely so they boost them. On these headphones the highs and mids are EXTREMELY precise for the £20 pricerange; I see no need to boost the bass at all. The bass has been boosted but the highs remain clear and precise as normal. In fact they boosted the bass very expertly, however I would prefer it otherwise.

TL;DR: I would spend as much as £35 on these earphones and will definitely buy sennheiser earphones again for casual on-the-go listening if not for the rest of my life (provided I don't find a better manufacturer for earphones, which I doubt I will).

If the bass wasn't boosted I would spend maybe £45-50 on these earphones.

10/10 for the price range, I'd offer less because they aren't the best earphones ever, but you have to judge relative to the price range right? In which case they SMASH EVERYTHING TO THE FLOOR BUY THESE HEADPHONES I'M USING THEM RIGHT NOW WORTH EVERY PENNY I SPENT GOGOGO
on 24 February 2013
Bought another pair to replace old ones - have little ears and these headphones come with various sized inner ear rubber thingys!
Great sound and no noise leakage. They arrived on time - Very happy with them!
on 18 October 2014
I had these Headphones for about 6-8 months, and they were brilliant. i listening to heavy music, which is mostly very bass heavy. e.g: Dubstep, EDM, Drum and Bass etc. The Earphones pick out the bass really well with great sound quality. However these earphones broke on me. Where the wire meets the jack is a very weak point and after prolonged use in my pocket, this part of the headphone gave in, and now have stopped working.
I would recommend this product due its great value for money, just be aware of this minor design fault when purchasing
on 21 December 2014
I've owned a few different models of Sennheiser earphones and these were far and away the worst. They were so bad in fact, that I stopped using my mp3 player at work for a few weeks and have since thrown the earphones away. The sound was very tinny and the V shape neck cord meant the earphones regularly fell out of my ears (and yes, I did have the correct size buds). I will be ordering a pair of CX 300 to replace these - don't be tempted to save a few quid with this model.
on 5 April 2011
Very disappointed with these headphone. As it is Sennheiser you would expect a good full sound and long life. Neither of which I got. The sound was very tinny with little bass power. And to top that off one of the headphones broke within a week and a half. I may have been unlucky but they were not very good at all.
on 28 July 2012
They are incredible! great bass and great sound. Much better than my previous sennheiser, which were the sennheiser c300.
great product and great seller
on 22 June 2012
the headphones have very good quality (as usual for Sennheisers) for the price, so long as you get the right size ear buds on.

Although the sound quality is very good the build has its positive and negatives

-The CX 200's are very light but feel solid.
-The upper wire from the joiner to the headphones is fairly thin which does feel a little fragile.
-The bottom wire is thicker which does feel more solid.
-The joiner is rubbery and with a lot of use gets worn away and rips.

Now for the big downer: I have now gone through two pairs of these earphones and I am afraid to say that they have both gone pop after about 9 months of solid use. They are usually tangled up in my pocket or being knocked about in my bag, so not to bad, the usual for earphones. But the same problem has appeared twice now, the right ear bud sound has dropped to an almost un-hearable level although the left is fine on my current pair after some use of my old pair, using only the left ear, the remaining ear sound level dropped to the same level of the right ear.

would be 5 star if they had survived everyday use and the rough and tumble that comes with it.
on 2 July 2009
I bought these headphones to replace my Ipod headphones after they decided to fall apart on me, and apon hearing my music though these babies, I strongly recommend them! Especially over the tacky Ipod ones! They are very comfortable and do come with different sized ear plug things for maximum comfort, I do advise though that you play around with the different sizes and possitions in your ear, as this will affect the quality of sound. They are quality though and though, to ever detail.
on 19 December 2014
This is my second pair of CX200 headphones, the first pair I bought 2 years ago, I use them every day and they STILL work perfectly! I'm a professional musician and I do quite a bit of studio work. I've used we Seinnheiser headphones for work and play for years, they represent incredible value for money and excellent quality. I've read a few reviews here complaining about lack of bass-end in the range,,, although they themselves admittedly suggest they might have gotten a bad pair, I find this critique unfounded, for depth and warmth these phones are excellent, with clean, clear highs and expansive, colourful mids, which frankly surpass many phones at three to five times the price. As for comfort, they are in my opinion, unbeatable, you barely notice they're there, and the noise cancellation is also very efficient. I bought another pair because a). Oh I love them so! and b). at the sale price on Amazon you'd be mad not too! Go ahead,, you will not be sorry:)