4.0 out of 5 stars Good
It did it's job and kept me dry but it did get a bit of condensation inside it unfortunately. But it was good for the price
Published 18 months ago by Travel Junkie

2.0 out of 5 stars Crisp Packet
For a breathable bivibag this is not very good. I might use it in an emergency but wouldn't rely on it for a comfortable night out under the stars. There appears to be little or no moisture vapour transfer. In a light shower you'd be drier if you didn't use it.
Published on 2 May 2011 by Mr. D. E. Swain

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Oct. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Affordable Option For An Essential Item, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
This item performed excellently for such a low-cost and lightweight option. It managed to retain a practically dry sleeping bag in woods and even exposed in fields in wet weather during summer and autumn - without a tent - despite doubtless not really being designed for such extreme usage, offered good additional heat retention and protection from frost and ice whilst tented in winter, and remained in use for almost two years, at the end of which still managing a few bouts of exposure under light snow. I noticed no problems with condensation and breathability at all. A replacement bag by Trekmates only managed a month or two and offered little real protection from wet conditions as I had expected, the inner latex waterproofing rubbing off almost straight away, the bag ultimately ripping due to poor durability of fabric. The Gelert is excellent for the price and if weight is an issue, especially compared to some other products out there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crisp Packet, 2 May 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
have tried this two times in UK January 2015.
1) tried to use inflatable Mat inside bag so that I could have a bed roll ready to go. But the mat I use sacrifices width for height so It was a very tight fit inside and not comfortable. Also I was trying to get kit size down by using 2 season bag augmented with wool blanket. Temp dropped below zero and I had to give up at 3am due to cold. So not a fair test.
2) last night temp was 1c using cheap 500 gsm bag from Argos. This time using bag on top of mat. Much better, more room. Can curl up no probs. lasted the night in tshirt and hoodie. No rain and no condensation issues but I always try to keep my nose and mouth close to the blowhole.
Not tested in a downpour yet but I like how lightweight it is and it packs into a tiny stuff sack. Saw a YouTube video about the British army bivvy and I think this one is an inch slimmer at the shoulders.

------------update----------

I used this in Whitby in feb. Sub zero temp. It's smaller than my British army goretex but this is offset by the space and weight savings. It packs so small and weighs nothing. Also it's treated on one side. I wonder if the people with condensation issues are using it inside out? Maybe it's one way breathable? I used it treated side inside. In the morning I had no condensation but Ice was on my feet where it seemed sweat/moisture had escaped to the outside and frozen.

Still not tried in a downpour though.

4.0 out of 5 stars good bag, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
used it in freezing and snowy conditions, did what it was supposed to do and kept me dry thank goodness

3.0 out of 5 stars Super light, seems quality, too short for 6'3", 7 July 2010
Allen F. Putzig "Lashi" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
I would like to give this a stellar review, because I think I'm going to enjoy using it, but not without a tarp over my face. This thing claims to be 235cm, but fully stretched out with the face open its maybe 215. It might be 235 if you took either end and pulled. Certainly, with the face part closed, it is nowhere near that length. So while I would like to say this is a great product, just can't because I hate when people stretch the truth in product claims. Please alter the length of this product to be the usable length (definitely for a person less than 190cm tall) rather than as long as it can be stretched to and I will alter my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a temporary measure till I get something better. Have been sleeping under a tarp with this ..., 19 Dec. 2014
J. Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
Bought as a temporary measure till I get something better. Have been sleeping under a tarp with this bivvi bag around a cheap sleeping bag bag in zero degree conditions and I have been fine. Been lucky on the condensation side of things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
Good value abd excellent quality. Slept outdoors with temperatures of -2C and was kept dry and warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars and for the price is pretty good. The main issue I had is that ..., 1 Feb. 2015
Nik (Rugby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
This was the cheapest proper (i.e. not a plastic sack) bag I could find, and for the price is pretty good. The main issue I had is that it's a big tight - At 180cm / 90kg plus a sleeping bag it's not what you'd call spacious.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive (Sports)
This did the job for my granddaughter in Lapland

Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive