4.0 out of 5 stars GAMERS BEWARE
!!!!GAMERS BEWARE!!!!

This is a lovely keyboard, looks great, really slick, the keys are quite silent. I love it except the key-combination matrix is designed so that W + Shift + Space do not work together. This means for FPS gamers you are running along with 'W' and sprinting with 'Shift' and you try to jump but the keyboard doesn't recognize 'Space' so you...
Published on 9 Dec. 2011 by Nath

1.0 out of 5 stars Space bar problem
This keyboard appears to have amajor design flaw; if youhit the space bar at either end (15mm) it does not work. This means that30mm of the 108mm spacebardoes not work,or 28%. This isthe result of me touchtyping; Iam not messing around. Unfortunatelyit makes the keyboard absolutely useless for myneeds. Check out the Logitechforum, it's not just me.

UPDATE...
Published on 14 Sept. 2009 by R. Hooton

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important parts of a computer., 14 Sept. 2009
J. H. Bailey "john87951" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
Many people fail to realise that a keyboard is something that you will be using more than almost any other part of your computer. Countless people deal with naff plasticky keyboards.

This is not one of them! Sorry to gush.. But it is a really nice keyboard. Especially if you use a laptop a lot, and find the switch between the long and short travel annoying.

I've had it a week or so now, and after the first day or two getting used to it, I wouldn't go back to any other keyboard I've had willingly.

The feel is great. The size is good. and it is incredibly thin, but has a nice quality weight to it and doesn't flex like you might expect. Only takes a light touch to press a key, and the travel isn't long like a conventional desktop board, but you know you have pressed it. It's difficult to explain the feeling. But it feels right. You know it when you feel it.

This is a typist's keyboard, not really a gamer keyboard, so no masses of macro buttons, no extra USB sockets or anything like that. Although I think Windows users can set up some macros with the set point software.

For my fellow Linux users. No problems. Plug and go. There are three function keys that don't work out of the box, but they are the usual special Vista/7 keys. You know the ones if you have bought a multimedia a keyboard recently. The volume, transport and app launching keys are all fine though. And the volume/ mute keys are not shifted. Keyboard short-cuts in Gnome recognises the FN key as an extra shift key, so no problem reassigning all but these three keys.

A lot of people on review sites have complained about the little kick stand legs. That they are too flimsy. Or that they are not really tall enough. I haven't found that. No springiness, and the angle seems to be just right to me. Personal preference, so YMMV

Usual Logitech 3 year warranty, which if past experience is anything to go by, is a pleasant experience, not a git at the other end trying to catch you out so they don't have to replace a faulty item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and durable, 9 July 2009
A. Stuhrmann - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
I have been using the Logitech Illuminanted Keyboard for a couple of weeks now at work. It's replaced a Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard that I got because of my RSI. However I noticed that when using my laptop's keyboard I did not develop the usual pains and complaints in my arms and shoulders that would come with using a standard form-factor keyboard on a destop. So why not try a laptop-style keyboard for my desktop? The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard is proving to be a comfortable and durable replacement. It's low height allows me to adopt a more ergonomic typing posture without resting arms or wrists on a surface. In fact this keyboard breaks with long-standing traditions and actually has a negative slope to the keys when it is resting flat on a surface. While not immediately noticeable, this small change contributes greatly to the comfort and ergonomics.

Short, responsive key-travel with a smooth action and just enough audible feedback make typing for longer periods very comfortable. Fast typists will appreciate this keyboard as it lends itself to high words per minute speeds. This is also a very quiet keyboard to use so it is perfect for the open plan environment in which I am using it or if it is going to be used in a common room at home and you don't want to disturb others. It weighs a lot more than its profile makes you think, which means it doesn't scoot around on your desk at every accidental bump. Its slim height means that it can easily be put out of the way if you need to reclaim some desk real estate.

The adjustable illumination is handy. In daylight or office lighting having the illumination at maximum means the characters are highlighted with a bit more contrast. At home where I tend to have lights on low the keys stand out clear and bright but not so bright as to be a distraction. It also adds a certain aura of sophistication to the device. This is definitely a keyboard that would not stand out like a sore thumb in a modern living room.

My one complaint is that to use media controls one has to install the Logitech Setpoint software. You then press and hold the laptop-style FN modifier key and press the F-key assigned to the function you need. Logitech has admittedly placed the media controller keys on the F9 to F12 row which means you still only need one hand to operate these (thumb on the FN key), but it is still a bit of an adjustment after having dedicated keys for this on my old keyboard.

That minor niggle aside (and I readily admit it is really more a problem of changing habits rather than with the actual product design) I am very happy with this keyboard. So much so that I have ordered a second one for home use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophisticated design and elegance, 5 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
I really can't recommend this product enough! It is simply a joy to use.

One thing that was always important to me, was how the keys felt underneath your fingertips. I have to say, on that aspect, this keyboard is pretty much perfect. They are extremely comfortable and lay practically flat on the keyboard. The pressing of the keys is light and provide only a delicate sounding tap (not a cheap sound at all which can be found on other keyboards). You certainly get what you pay for. With the flat aspect of the keyboard, there are no side affects on your hands either from repetitive use. With the rise of repetitive strain injuries from mice and keyboard use this is particularly a plus.

The illuminated keys, well, you never knew you needed them but you do! I have found them extremely useful especially in the early evening where it's not quite dark enough to turn on lights yet you need to see the keyboard more. Having the facility to turn them down as well as off is also a bonus but personally, I have found that I rarely use it.

This also works with media programs such as music players. You do have to press a function key down first to access them on the 'f' keys but this is no where near an irritation. It becomes intuitive after a few days use. There are buttons here to access the calculator, browser, email, search, messenger, desktop interfaces instantly in addition to the music player functions (with the added bonus of the eject button).

In terms of looks, the keyboard first appears simple but that's where the sophistication is. From the ever so slightly rubberised palm rest to the perspex rim, it really does look elegant yet modern on your desk. It makes you proud of your whole work station. The font choice on the keys is also pleasing on the eye. It's a lot less boring to look at and in terms of use, allows you to be very concise in being able to locate keys quickly.

Form and function have met in the Logitech illuminated keyboard and they work in perfect harmony! If it's a question of paying what you consider to be a high price for a keyboard, then rest assured that it is a product worthy of it's price tag. Other keyboards do pale in comparison and I have used a few. Being someone who never paid that much attention to higher priced keyboards (thinking of them as not worth it), I have to say that I am glad I did. I expect to be using this keyboard for a very long time!! I truly love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have seen the light !, 19 Feb. 2009
P. Griffiths (Wales, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
A smart, slimline, minimalist and functional design that just looks so good on my desktop.

Typing in the dark without burning 120W from my 3 bulb room light is cost saving too !

Highly reccommended !!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Space bar problem, 14 Sept. 2009
R. Hooton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)

UPDATE
I had one replacement from Amazon, which also had this problem. I then called Logitech direct who were very good and immediately sent me another replacement. Space bar is fine. They advised that there had been a faulty batch sent out?!

REVISED SCORE: 4 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect, 13 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
As an awful lot of points have been covered here by other users, I'd like to cover this product from a different angle. Firstly you would need to be a typist to fully appreciate the finer aspects of this keyboard. If you're a hunt and peck, then I don't think you would get the most out of it and would possibly be better served with something cheaper.

The illumination is a bit like a Xerox machine. You don't really know you need it until you've tried it. Once you've used it and have got used to it, there's no going back, and you begin to wonder how on earth you managed without it in the first place.

The keys have got the perfect weighting and just the right amount of travel and all in all is absolutely perfect and a joy to use. The function keys offer a different way of working, but like all things new you need to give yourself time to adjust. Once you've used it for a while, you soon settle in. Also, the keyboard itself is nicely weighted and sits positively on the desk and doesn't slide around when you get a wiggle on, as my old Microsoft one used to.

Like every other keyboard, underneath on the front edge there are little legs that you fold down in order to tilt the keyboard towards the user. When mine first arrived naturally the first thing I did after unpacking it was to fold down the little legs and place it in front of me. There it sat tilted towards me, as you would expect, looking resplendent. Then I began to wonder. It occurred to me just how weedy the little legs were. They couldn't be described as flimsy, as Logitech would have more sense than putting flimsy legs on such a premium product, but they are indeed.......weedy. Very weedy indeed. So I lifted it up and turned it over and looked at the weedy legs for some time. Then the thought crossed my mind, that Logitech in their wisdom didn't really want me to use them. It was as if Logitech had installed the weedy legs as an afterthought but didn't really want you to use them at all. After all, if the legs were intended to be used properly and weight to be put upon them they would have made them a lot more sturdier than they are. So for the first time in my life I decided not to use them at all and to leave them folded up out of the way, where they are presumably intended to stay.

That was the beginning of a miracle. With the keyboard lying flat, the user has no choice but to sit up and take notice of what he or she is supposed to be doing. I've found my whole posture has improved immensely. My back is straight and my arms and hands in a more natural position which is absolutely ideal for a long day's typing. Slouching over a keyboard with head drooped is now a thing of the past, and my productivity has certainly improved and increased no-end. Logitech have certainly thought this through and as far as I'm concerned, it's a stroke of genius. Well done Logitech. I shall certainly be taking a keen interest in Logitech and their products in future as they seem to have left Microsoft far behind. Come on Microsoft wake up, you're asleep again.

2.0 out of 5 stars The best keyboard....for 1 year only, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
I bought this keyboard 1 year ago. I was so satisfied, it was the best keyboard possible. But, now i don;t feel the same.
The 1st problem i had with it was i couldn;t clean it. It;s no way to do that. And even if you do your best to keep it clean, after 1 year, you must do that. Than 2 keys, Shift and Space bar dammaged...I would like to return the item but i couldn;t find the stepts on the amazon.co.uk site to do that. Can any of you help me please?
So, if you want this keyboard for 1 year only, you must buy it, it;s the best. But IMO it;s too expensive to have it for such a little period..

3.0 out of 5 stars Logitech let me down, 10 July 2010
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
Having just bought a new computer with 64bit Windows7, I went to Logitech's website and looked for a 64bit driver for this keyboard. There was one, so I downloaded it and ordered the keyboard from Amazon. THE KEYBOARD WOULD NOT FUNCTION WITH 64 BIT WINDOWS, though it was fine (on another computer) with 32bit. I contacted Logitech again and was told that they are having trouble with 64 bit windows - why didn't they SAY SO on the support website?
I have returned the keyboard to Amazon; their time/money and my time were wasted by Logitech's inefficiency.

5.0 out of 5 stars not a keyboard more a work of art, 14 Jan. 2009
Malcolm (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
Saw a lot of people making remarks about how good this keyboard was, so decided to buy it, but quietly thinking they should get out more. Well it's here and plugged in and I have to say, I really can see what the fuss is all about. It's beautiful. Both to look at and to use. It's so nice looking though that part of you wants to keep it as a "coffee table" keyboard!!! LOL. And that's from one who before today just thought keyboards were simple input devices, either good or bad.
This isn't so much a keyboard more a work of art. Beautiful to look at and a joy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever used, but could be better still!, 7 Jan. 2010
Clive Brown (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (Electronics)
My trusty Logitech MX5000 having expired (not its fault- something to do with a can of beer!), I'd reverted to my very original Logitech wireless keyboard. Looking for a new keyboard, I chanced upon the Logitech Illuminated keyboard, checked out the reviews, and took the plunge.

What a great piece of kit! As I'd hoped, it has enabled me to do away with using a desktop lamp, thus indirectly improving screen contrast, and the feel of the keys has to be experienced to be believed; it makes my two previous Logitech keyboards seem very clunky indeed. Not that this really matters, but it's also very elegant, too!

Why not five stars? Well, I wish it was wireless, and unfortunately Logitech have chosen to illuminate a graphic representation of the shortcut functions of the F keys, rather than the alphanumeric of the keys themselves; it's just the top surface of each key that is internally illuminated. Nevertheless, a good buy, and one that I'd recommend to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›