on 1 February 2009
Wow, this is an absolute steal at this price!! A friend had bought an identical one (apart from it having silver legs) for double the price at a well known high street electrical store.

Once set-up (about 15-20mins) and in place, it looks fantastic. Its got a great solid build quality to it.
The instructions are clear and once you have spent a few minutes going over them, it really is a simple build task. No need for any extra tools either. I would probably suggest getting a second person to help turn it over once built if your not feeling too strong as it is a heavy piece of equipment.

Two things to note, do not over tighten the nuts that hold the glass in place with the allen key. Tighten by hand and then adjust slightly with said allen key.

The space between the bottom glass shelf and middle glass shelf is approx 8 inch (20cm) and same for middle to top glass shelf. I didnt know this and was a bit worried my amp would not fit in. Luckily it did.

So, if your looking for a great piece of equipment for you new LCD TV etc then I strongly suggest this. You really will not be dissapointed!!!!

PS If you find the bolts sticking out of the bottom, you have set it up incorrectly, just flip the feet over so the bolts are in the cap. The instructions are not correct
55 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2008
This set provides incredible value for money. It easily looks better than most stands you could buy from Currys, etc at over 3 times the price of this one! There are a lot of TV stands on Amazon and other websites and it can be a difficult decision of which to buy, but I am more than happy I have made the right choice.

It was well packaged keeping all parts inside safe from any impacts, knocks etc. Unfortunately, there were a couple of tiny scratches on the glass but Amazon were more than helpful with professional customer service, and once built, are hardly visible.

The build was easy and all tools needed were provided. The gloss black glass and black metal legs will really compliment the most stylish TVs. Its build and style far exceeds the price.

Also worth noting, the top shelf (8mm) can hold up to 50kg and the middle and bottom shelves (6mm) can hold up to 25kg each. The top shelf is all flush, the leg supports do not come out of the top of the glass.

Also, there seem to be a lot of stands that look identical under different brand names. I haven't seen one like this as it has rounded corners on the glass, rear back legs and the cable tidy. Just a note that it isn't the same as all the others.

All in all, an excellent set and can rival the much more expensive stands.
on 30 July 2009
I ordered this because I wanted something that looked good but could also support the weight of a large plasma screen. It arrived very well packaged and hardly took any time at all to assemble. It looks great & easily takes the weight of the TV and other set-top boxes with no problems. Great value.

PS. For J.D. Harris & others who commented on the bolts at the bottom. Flip the feet over so the protruding bolts are contained within the cap. That's the way it's meant to be assembled but the instructions incorrectly show the feet the other way up (small printing error easily corrected) :)
on 4 February 2009
This item was purchased before taking delivery of a Sony Bravia 40" TV and I had suficient time to assemble it before the TV arrived. The assembly instructions were easy and straightforward, and when assembled the stand looks really good. It complements the TV very well. For value, I rate it very highly, and it is far better in both value and quality than others I considered in the High Street
on 14 April 2009
Brilliant product. Easy to set up and pretty sturdy. Don't waste your money on the expensive stuff.
on 13 June 2009
After finally purchasing a 40" LCD TV I decided to have a look around for some stands. Not wanting to shell out £150+ for one it was nice to find a range of budget choices on Amazon.
I bought this based on looks and the strength of the reviews, and I'm not disappointed. As others have mentioned it comes very well packaged, almost too well as it took me nearly 5 minutes to get at the parts! Once you have everything out and organised it's fairly simply to set up and the instructions are simple and clear. You do actually have to build it upside down, then turn it over once you are finished, but that's not really a big deal as it's fairly light.
I did find that one of the rods was slightly too short to be fully threaded into the top (bottom while building) of the unit, but loosening the thread slightly sorted that and it tightened just fine.

One worry for people with non-carpeted floors is that the rods and nuts protrude from the legs at the bottom of the unit, which I thought was a rather poor design choice given how simple it would be to have feet with a nut inside. So, anyone with an easily scratched floor should bear that in mind before purchasing this.
Overall though this is a very smart looking stand at an amazing price. It really looks fantastic with my Samsung 40" TV, PS3, Sky HD box and various other things gracing it's shelves.
on 22 February 2010
The design of the product is good compared to similar, much higher priced ones elsewhere. Unfortunately the manufacturers quality control leaves a little to be desired. It wasn't damaged in transit as it's well packaged; so you could not blame the courier. The first one I received was not properly finished off on the front edge and the second one I received also had areas that had not been sprayed black. I know it's cheap compared to others but I wasn't buying a 'second'. After the second one was faulty I decided to look elsewhere and found a similar one, alebeit more expensive. Maybe it was just my luck. I would certainly recommend you order one, but make sure you check it for imperfections.
on 1 November 2011
Sturdy and plenty of room for all sorts of AV equipment, looks very nice and fairly easy to assemble - took around 15 mins for me and the old man to put it together, all the bits and bobs are there and the instructions were quite straight forward.
All together a very nice item that's much much cheaper than similar stands from high street stores, saw one almost the same in Dixons, they wanted £150, yikes!
Took the free delivery option and amazingly the van was here the very next morning - thanks Amazon and City Link!
review image review image
on 15 June 2009
Cool design with nice rounded corners and a cable tidy. Much cheaper than the high street. A very sleek and impresive piece of furniture with plenty of shelf space. If you like it in the picture buy it!
on 21 March 2009
I had been looking around for a stand for my new TV. This one was a very reasonable price to all the others. Being a single mum I wanted an easy to assemble one as I had to do it. I found this one easy and did it on my own in 20 minutes .It looks very smart with my new TV I am very pleased with quality and price .Can't fault it at all.