on 22 February 2009
Just simply the best sitcom on british television at the moment. Well casted and totally believable charaters - we all know people who are just like them!
on 12 April 2009
Living in New Zealand, I was only told about the program and bought on the strength of the informer, am I glad I did.
Fawlty Towers was only 12 episodes, and with the news that James and Ruth will only write one more series probably means that Gavin and Stacey will go the same way. Personally I can watch this over and over again because it has a remarkable likability about the writing and all the characters.
Funny, engaging and truthful it will go down as a real BBC comedy treat.
Quite simply....brilliant
on 24 January 2010
I never caught the programmes but saw the odd one and after this years christmas special i thought id buy the box set of series 1 and 2.
Oh it was brilliant and just made me belly laugh i put it on when there was nothing on tele over xmas and as you can tell i watched the whole dvd, xmas tv eh!
This is people watching and reminds me of a an early royal family and you can pick out at least one charactor you know in real life.Very good
on 22 March 2009
Gavin And Stacey - Series 1-2 [DVD] [2006]

Bought series 1 & 2 for my wife and I ended up watching it all with her

Great comedy with excellent cast and characters. Alison Steadman was brilliant as always with the rest of the cast close behind

Best situation comedy since Early DoorsEarly Doors - Series 1 And 2 [DVD]

Now waiting hopefully for series 3
on 22 January 2010
Our household only started watching this brilliant comedy series in Series 3. Enjoying it so much that as a last minute Christmas present I bought this Series 1 & 2 DVD. Best present I could have got - it provided a few evenings of sheer entertainment and we couldn't wait for the next episodes. We are quite sad that we have seen them all now!

Wonderfully zany characters, good but simple storylines - pure entertainment.
on 29 August 2013
I was a late viewer to Gavin and Stacey but once I took a look I was hooked. I wish there were more to buy as I have these and the Christmas special. I like outtakes and this provides them. i never tire of watching this, no matter how down in the dumps I might be feeling, this soon has me smiling. Brilliant writing and characters, no swearing which is very refreshing these days.
on 30 June 2013
I watched this series every week on the television and laughed so much. It is great family entertainment with lots of comedy. It also has some touching moments and the inevitable will they or won't they ever get together (Smithy and Ness) and will Gavin and Stacey have the baby they so badly want. I love this series!!
I had never been interested in this series, having seen the adverts on TV and thinking it just wasn't for me. Then at christmas, my boyfriend and I watched the christmas special and I laughed out loud.
I rushed straight out to buy this DVD and it did not disappoint. It's hilarious and well worth watching. Buy it!
on 17 January 2014
Very funny and at the same time a realistic interpretation of two distinctive cultures in the UK. Brilliant casting and wonderfully executed by all. I have become a real Ruth Jones fan for her presence and writing.This is not the kind of production i would watch but any thing this good has to be appreciated.
on 11 December 2013
Was looking forward to watching this and sadly on disk 2 of series 1 the actors are discussing filming the scenes which blocks out what is actually going on in the episode. So very poor quality. I love gavin & stacey best thing on tv. They should make more!!!!!