on 22 October 2011
According to Braun those cassettes need to be changed every 18 months. Obviously it depends how often you shave. I shave every day and after a year of using my Braun 390cc I have noticed that shave isn't so close as in the past and my skin sore after.
Braun made it very clear which part numbert to use - it is stated on shaver's body.
My order has been delivered very quickly. After cassette has been changed - "on" switch need to be pressed for about five seconds. This is probably to reset the 18 months counter. That may be a tip for somebody who do not use his shaver too often and do not need to change the cassette whilst the light on the shaver shows it already.
The casette i have instaled works great and gives more close shave than previous one.
on 22 May 2013
I purchased this Braun Foil & Cutter Cassette as I wanted a spare available in case the original (as supplied with a new Braun Series 3 380s-4 Electric Shaver that I had just purchased) needed replacing. If this spare Foil & Cutter Cassette is a good as that supplied with the shaver, then I shall be very pleased indeed as the shaver is the best I have ever owned.

The Foil & Cutter Cassette was provided (through Amazon) by Berry Electrical and their delivery service was excellent; I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again in the future.
on 8 January 2012
replacement cutter for my braun 370, shaver good as new again ,smoother and closer shave and best price for this replacement.
on 8 March 2013
Used my old foil for nearly 2 years, since I've started using the new foil, it feels so much better,with a closer shave and no more catching like an epilator. regret not changing it when I was supposed to.
on 19 June 2013
Very disappointed to find I needed to replace the cassette so early: £28 is a lot for the whole item when Braun used to sell just the cutters on earlier models.
If this one wears out like the last one I'll have used three cassettes in a year: that's over £70!
might be easier to go back to a wet razor.. mind you blades for them are pricy also..
Perhaps a shaggy beard then ?
on 21 November 2012
Recommend that if you have a Braun foil shaver that you replace the foil about every 2 years depending on how often you use it. I left mine a little longer and boy did I notice the difference when I installed this new one. Remarkable different in the shave finish.

The on,y downside is it was a little expensive, but cheaper than buying a new electric razor.
on 2 March 2012
I was expecting to replace this every 18 months, but was prompted to try a new foil having been unhappy with the quality of my shave for a couple of months and reading the reviews that replacing sooner is not uncommon.

After my first shave with the new foil I noticed an instant improvement so a replacement was certainly due. What was also interesting is that the new foil is of a slightly different design to my original one. The new foil appears to have larger and more regular pattern of holes, where as the original foil had smaller holes in a more random pattern. I get the occasional set of troublesome hairs that the old foil, even when relatively new failed to trim and I am hoping that the foil with larger holes will fair better. Whilst still not perfect, it certainly seems to be doing a much better job on them.

A worthwhile change and the Amazon price being much more reasonable than the high street shops.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2013
shaver is like new again i thought i might have difficulty buying new foil but soon got a replacement , only had shaver a year soon wore it out, i thought i might have to dispose of it but like i said got the new foil and i am very pleased with it and could recomend the supplier to anybody thanks a lot.
on 3 January 2013
The Foil and Cutter head fell apart on second use. I pushed everything back into place but it came apart within ten seconds.

I returned to Amazon, but they were unable to replace, it took too long for Amazon to confirm they could not replace and to arrange a credit
on 10 April 2014
This product fits Braun 3 series shavers, but check your shaver first just to make sure this part is needed. On mine it was underneath the sliding trimmer part of the shaver along with the model number.

This is a perfect replacement for the foil. For these shavers you cannot replace just the foil, you have to get the whole cassette. This may seem like a more expensive option but I think it does show the quality of Braun products as everything is well made, and the cassette part of the shaver is the only bit that detaches.

After having changed the cassette over, the shaver feels noticeably more comfortable on my skin. I'll be buying these as long as I have my shaver, hopefully for quite a few years yet!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse