4.0 out of 5 stars Lekue Gourmet Industrial Ice Cube Tray Blue
Published on 13 April 2012 by The Price is Right

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Having read others reviews I thought this product was going to good but alas no unless you wait ages
For the trays to semi defrost you cannot get the ice out quickly !
Published on 24 Oct 2011 by T'bags

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lekue Gourmet Industrial Ice Cube Tray Blue, 13 April 2012
The Price is Right - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lekue Gourmet Industrial Ice Cube Tray, Blue, Blue (Kitchen & Home)
I've used it 3 or 4 times for making ice cubes and freezing stock, so far it seems to work well. However, it is made of rubber (and not silicone) so I am dubious about its long term life! Rubber comes out of freezer in a slightly harder state than when at room temperature, this combined with having to turn tray almost completely inside-out to remove cubes gives me a feeling that the grooves in-between moulds will crack soon or later! Also, it's big! So, it's great for making ice once for the entire week, but it'll take over a whole section of your freezer (for a few hours at least, I then move ice to a zip bag). Rigid support that comes with it is essential for a tray this size. Would I buy it again? No, because it's made of rubber. Am I happy with purchase? Fairly. More, if it lasts for a year!

Update: it has now been 2 years since purchasing the tray and it still works and looks as new. I use it perhaps once every couple of weeks. For this I an giving it an extra star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cube Mould, 13 July 2010
I. Steel "Big I" (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This product is ideal for small fridges with a freezing box.
It is large and works well ~ easy to remove ice from the moulds
- pre-boiled water produces attractive clear ice cubes

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ice cube tray - but not for freezing baby food, 16 Sep 2010
L. Stephens "lmstephens11" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this (and paid more) on the recommendation (review on red Lekue ice cube tray) that the blue version is made from silicone (not rubber) and is suitable for the dishwasher. The primary reason was to freeze baby food rather than as an ice tray as it is a perfect size. There is even a dishwasher sign on the product but it isn't dishwasher safe. The packaing states that it is made from rubber! I washed this on a low temperature in preparation for using for baby food. This product is perfect as an ice cube tray but don't ruin it by washing it in your dishwasher as I have done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ice tray, 29 Jan 2011
Fantastic ice tray for both ice cubes and freezing herbs.
Bought two. Easy to get cubes out. Use rigid container to freeze then soft enough to squeeze into the freezer.
Wouldn't be wthout.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Oct 2011
For the trays to semi defrost you cannot get the ice out quickly !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Jan 2011
M. Dawson (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Perhaps a little expensive for an ice cube tray, but still excellent and the silicon is great which means when you bend it to get the cubes out they dont break like a regular plastic one,

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item Many thanks, 21 May 2014
Good quality, silicone so the cubes come out easily but with a case to make filling equally easy. Decent quantity of cubes. I will buy another

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but lousy release., 10 April 2014
Sandra Kay Stewart (Bath, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As an expat American, I do like ice for most cold drinks and bought four of these. Very efficient for placement in the freezer drawer. I like to extract all into a large zip bag so as to start on the next batch for the week. However, I am extremely disappointed in how difficult it is to get the ice cubes out of the tray. I would be grateful for any suggestions for the arcane techniques apparently required to do so. Aside from pressing out each cube by hand...I'll need new mittens and it's highly uncomfortable...there is no amount of twisting that will release the cubes. Please, someone, give me a hint, or I shall have to throw away the expensive trays and get more old fashioned ones that can twist the cubes out. *sigh*

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Brittle!, 19 Aug 2014
Silicone ice cube tray makes it super easy to empty.
I have had this product previously bought from IKEA a couple years ago.
The biggest problem with this product is the plastic undertray that the silicone rubber sits in.
This tray is made from the wrong kind of plastic it gets very brittle when cold...So it just cracks and eventually breaks.
Which leaves you with no bottom half in which to seat your silicone top half...Rubbish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic ice tray, 28 Mar 2014
You may think that calling an ice tray epic is superfluous and actually, quite ridiculous. BUT, seriously, this ice-tray is epic.
The tray underneath it means that you don't have to do that weird, yoga-like movement when you put the water-filled tray in the freezer. And... the best part........ it is so EASY to remove the ice cubes!!

This is really the best ice-tray I have ever come across.

And, also, the best price on Amazon - if you get it as part of a super saver delivery.

Disclaimer: I have logged into my husband's account to write this review. He doesn't write reviews. and I don't really either. But seriously, this is the best ice-tray I have ever come across. And the world should know about this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›