1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 10 Feb 2012
Dr. M (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon i-SENSYS MF4380dn All in One Laser Printer (Electronics)
I have had several printers over the years but this was the first "business" printer I have purchased. I am home based and my company recomends this printer. I can see why.

It works well and does everything I would expect:
- double sided printing
- double sided scanning with auto-feed for multiple documents
- good print speed and very quick to warm up
- no fuss copying
- colour scanning
- connects via USB and LAN ( I have connected it directly to my router and the family can wirelessly print from anywhere in the house).

It can send / receive faxes but I don't use the fax function very often. On the occasions I have used it, it worked well.

It is a big printer but is very well designed. The paper tray is reasonably well recessed, so it doesn't stick out and it easily fits on my printer table (unlike my photo printer which seems to have a much larger footprint). It holds just short of half a ream of paper which lasts quite a while. The paper tray is easily visible so you can see if you are running short of paper (there is no electronic warning that you are running short of paper). I have been using it for a few months and haven't yet had to change the toner.

It is very easy to use and I literally plugged it into the network, loaded the software and was printing within 15 minutes. It has never given any problems or networks issues since (and I have had it for several months).

Conclusion: If you are looking for a small business / home printer, this is a great choice. Be aware that this is not and doesn't pretend to be a colour photo quality printer. It is a workhorse for the small office. Highly recommended!

Canon i-SENSYS MF4380dn All in One Laser Printer