5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!
This is the first time I've ever written a review about something I have bought, but this Stainless King is worth the effort to do so.

Published on 9 Nov. 2009 by Mr. Mark Cunningham

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this cos our boss at work has confiscated our ...
Bought this cos our boss at work has confiscated our microwave and I'm getting sick of sandwiches and salads. I've only used it twice so far. Stayed warm enough to eat but not piping hot till about lunch time so from filling it at 6am ish till 12:30. This will do me. I don't think it would last till my evening break though.
Published 9 months ago by sarah bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 9 Nov. 2009
Mr. Mark Cunningham (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos Stainless King Food Flask - 470 ml, Blue (Kitchen & Home)

I was looking for a small, compact but effective food flask for the forthcoming winter months in order to allow me to warm up during work and break the monotony of the sandwiches and salads. After looking at the reviews on here I decided that despite the slightly higher price tag than I had originally thought of paying, the 'you get what you pay for' mantra would be very relevant when I was sitting there with cold soup.. NOT what I was hoping to achieve!

So I made a decision and parted with my money... and boy am I pleased I did!!

First outing today and after warming the flask as recommended with boiling water for 10 minutes, my bubbling hot tin of Spaghetti Bolognese (from a well known pickle manufacturer) went in and the lid was firmly screwed in to place at 7.15am and the anticipation started.

1pm arrives and I sat down with my work colleagues and plonked the flask down on the dinner table and with confidence unscrewed the lid, to be met with steam..that's right ..'steam'. I tucked in, straight from the flask and unbelievably it was actually red hot, and in some parts was 'almost' too hot to eat. Needless to say, some flask envy ensued.

The other great thing about the flask is the size of the opening. It's easy to fill, eat straight from and to clean... it's all good.

So if you are looking for a compact, easy to use and most of all 'effective' food flask... this is the one you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars works, 6 Aug. 2013
James Maclean - See all my reviews
Good bit of gear I haven't really tried it over a long time but over 2-3 hours it keeps my soup or haggis warm and warm haggis by the river on a cold morning is one of my joys in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have For A Healthy Eating University Student!, 5 Jan. 2014
This food flask is simply amazing and saves me so much money!

I bought this food flask before starting university as a way for me to save money. Being on a student budget, I find it difficult to find a nice, filling yet healthy lunch which I can buy on campus - and if there are healthy options available they are very over priced. This food flask is the perfect solution for me! I now take home-cooked, healthy food to university every day!

I had read the previous reviews and it seemed to be a good product, so I bought it with fairly high hopes. After the first day of using it I was surprised as to how well the flask kept my food hot. I now take this food flask with me to university every day and have used it for nearly every type of food: curry and rice, pasta bake, lasagne, stir fry, soup, etc. Even quite dry dishes such as lasagne are kept warm (you should add a little boiling water to dry foods to keep them moist and to stop them from drying out in the flask - and this keeps the food warmer for longer)

Before I go to university I fill my flask with boiling water and 10 mins later I empty out the water and fill the flask with my microwave warmed food. I find this is enough time for the inside of the flask to be heated by the boiling water so that your food stays warmer for longer.

On some days, when I have been in a rush, I have filled my flask with microwave warmed food without having pre-heated it with boiling water and when I have come to eat my food at lunch time the food was warm but not hot, so I recommend that you take the extra time to pre-heat it in the morning. (I fill my flask with boiling water before having my breakfast and then empty it after I have finished eating)

I fill my food flask in the morning at around 8am and when I come to eat my lunch between 12-1pm my food is almost always hot (sometimes too hot and I have to leave the lid off for a few minutes for it to cool down!) I even sometimes forget to eat my lunch if I am very busy and eat my food on the way home (4/5pm) and I am sometimes pleasantly surprised to find my food is still quite warm.

My food flask has never leaked and the seal on the lid is very good (I do not close my food flask too tightly as it is sometimes very hard to open after being left for a few hours). The size of the flask is also quite good - I can fit a large bowl of food into the flask.

I have not yet used the flask to store cold foods or liquids but I am sure it would be just as good or even better and would be a great idea to use as a way to cool down on hot summer days (if I am so lucky, here in the north!)

When I come home from university I put my food flask to soak in hot water for 30 mins and then it is very easy to clean. It is not a good idea to leave left over food in the flask for a long time as it becomes smelly and less easy to clean.

The flask comes with a metal spoon which fits in the lid and it is quite noisy against the inside of the flask when you are trying to get the last bits of food out of the bottom. I am sometimes forced to leave a little food in the bottom of the flask if I am eating in a quiet area, however, most of the time the noise is not too much of a problem and I still choose to use the spoon provided. If you eat lunch in a quiet area and do not want to make too much noise when finishing your food, I would suggest buying a small plastic spoon to eat with.

I love this food flask so much that I am buying another, so that I can take two hot meals to university for those long, tiring days!

I give it 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic product, 8 Dec. 2008
Mrs. S. Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this food flask a couple of weeks ago and have used it every day since. It is just the right size for tins of big soup, tins of spaghetti, stews etc. It keeps everything piping hot for hours. There is a telescopic spoon in the lid which is perfect. It even stayed intact when it fell out of my bag and down the whole length of a coach and down the stairs to the door!!! I am even going to buy another flask for my husband as it is perfect for these cold winter days.

Definately a 5 out of 5! Sandra

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent flask, 2 Dec. 2012
After reading all the previous reviews I felt that this would be the best option of amazon. I was looking for a flask to take hot meals to university for lunch as there is no heating up facility.

My main concerns where keeping the food hot ( not luke warm) and that it didn't leak.

Well so far so good - no leaks and have used it every day for the past month so that's a big plus for me.

Regarding keeping if warm - it does but you have to overheat or over sauce before hand.

For example I have ensured that the flask is per warmed with boiling water from the kettle for a min of half an hour. Any less and the flask does not heat up enough to keep food at the right temperature.

When putting soup in I have microwaved the soup to beyond hot so it's really bubbling and too hot to eat. When ready to open roughly 6 hours later it is piping hot but cools to an eatable temperature within 5 mins of opening.

I also tried stew / bolognase and chilli. I have found that it stays hotter the more saucy it is. So as a big hint and tip if using left overs such as stew make up some extra gravy and pour over the stew once in the flask. I have used heated passata over chilli etc.

The flask is just the right size for 1 person. The little spoon is ideal for thicker foods eg stew but can seem a little small for thinner soups.

Overall I'm very impressed with the flask and I am considering purchasing another for my family to use as they keep trying to nick mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is happy and eating a better lunch than when he was ..., 19 Sept. 2014
I bought this for my son as his younger sisters were having hot school meals, but not his year group. I didn't want him to miss out (and hoped to get out of cooking an evening meal!)
The first day he had chicken and pasta that had been cooked the night before. I boiled the kettle and filled the flask with just boiled water & put the lid on. Then I heated the food to 'a bit too hot to eat' (Not an actual setting on the microwave), poured out the water and put the food in the flask, then lid back on, so there was no cooling time.
At 3:30, when he came out of school, he still had some food left in the bottom of the flask, so I tested its temperature. It was still warm! I made it up at 8:00 a.m, so it was warm but not hot 7 hours later. (This was also just a small amount in the bottom, so it wasn't the food keeping itself warm by sheer volume, if you see what I mean) I haven't used it for cold food yet.
My son is happy and eating a better lunch than when he was taking sandwiches, so I'm happy and would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my soup, 29 Oct. 2013
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
As the weather gets solder, I looked for a food flask to take warm soup. This looked good so took a chance. The size means it can take a full can of soup with no problem, the foldaway spoon in the cap it a great addition, and the size is perfect.

As with all flasks, pre-heat first if using to hold warm food. I pour boiling water in, seal it up and leave it 30 minutes. After that time, empty the water and fill with your food. I have used the Big Soup in it, I heat it up at 7:45 in the morning and at 1pm it is still piping hot. Make sure you either shake or stir thoroughly before eating, as the veg chunks tend to settle over time and also you can get hotter spots in place. Mixing ensures even temperature and veg mix.

I also tend to heat the soup up a little bit more, and it is piping hot at dinner time, I even have to blow it to cool it.

A great investment that colleagues have ordered one for themselves after seeing it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this cos our boss at work has confiscated our ..., 18 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47 Litre, 9 Mar. 2011
After my 6yo repeatedly bringing home uneaten packed lunches, I bought him a Thermos CoolKids flask which my husband began "borrowing", so after checking the reviews, I settled on the Thermos Heat King for him as it's a bit bigger. Well, he uses it all the time and comes home every evening raving about how great this flask is and how hot his food is. CoolKids he says is a good enough flask, but not as good as his for keeping food hot longer periods. Hubby fills his flask around 7am and sometimes doesn't stop to eat until 1.30/2pm. We are now at the point that we have had to buy my dad one for his fishing expeditions and he is so impressed that I am just after ordering a 3rd flask for my uncle!!!! Great buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!! A must buy, 8 Jan. 2015
I have never left a review before but I feel like I now have to! We don't have a microwave at work so I started to get fed up of eating salads in the winter and wanted soup instead. This flask is definitely worth the money & I would highly recommend! I read up on reviews before I bought it as it is more expensive than others flasks, and after following other reviewers recommendations I have just finished my soup and it was still hot! I put boiling water in the flask to warm up for just over 10 mins before work and warmed my soup up more than I would if I was going to eat it straight away (7am) almost 6 hours later the soup was still hot and I actually had to keep stirring to cool it down! A definite must buy.