Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.49

on 26 September 2002
This is the first Fila album I bought, and I admit that it took a couple of listens to get into. Disco,funk,and laid-back smoker's tunes are all here,and they're good ones too.It is most certainly not an album for the cheesy-dance minded out there, nor is it necessarily an album for those who want to tune in and drop out (though it can serve this purpose admirably!).It's quite difficult to come up with a "sounds like" for this one, but I would point out that there is an excellent balance between up tempo tracks, and more relaxed ones, so it won't have you nodding off half way through!
If anyone is tempted,give it a go, and if you're a DJ, I defy you not to use the first track at a stage when your audience needs a lift (provided they are intelligent enough to appreciate it).
In summary, I'd say this album is like warm sweet coffee accompanied by a cinnamon danish.It makes you feel nice in your tummy!
Cheers,
Chris
on 4 July 2004
Not only do I think that this is fila brazillia's best album, it is also one of the best albums that I have ever heard. I don't think there is a bad track on it and it is completely different to anything else you will listen to. It effortlessly blends electronica to other genres like folk, jazz and funk music. Like all of the best albums it takes a few listens to get the most out of it, but it is album that I still listen to regurly even though its a good 5 years old. Highly recommended.
on 24 July 2001
FB's first 'proper band' album, after its largely 'electronica' predecessors. Fantastically self-assured and original - elements of jazz, reggae, funk and synth are all blended into this whirlwind concoction. Just check out track one (The Bugs Will Bite)- Frantic beat... strange vocal bursts... what sounds like a Pat Metheny sample... then after 2mins the bass player arrives at the studio and kicks off an epic funk workout. Inventive, fun, serious, innovative, exciting and (here's that word again) essential. Buy it. Play it. Love it. Forever.
on 19 January 2004
As the title states I would not view this as the best album Fila have produced. This accolade would go to Maim that Tune. I feel there are too many weak tracks on here or perhaps some of them have dated too soon. That said there are some really good funky tracks with the typical fila stamp on them.
I will probably get slated for this review from true Fila fans but if you are new to them buy Maim that Tune first, and after that Brazilification.
on 22 March 2002
I found this album, whilst looking for a cheap purchase, but to my surprise, it turned out to be one of the best bargains i've ever bought! Great Latino-esque, jazzy dance, i'm now a Fila Brazillia convert, buying 5 of their albums since!!! Wooha, keep churning em out lads, things can only get better....
on 23 May 2000
I can hardly believe that Fila Brazillia are still relatively unknown - certainly considering the hype surrounding similar acts like Air or Tosca, and I guarantee that their relaxed, loungy love grooves will send waves of pleasure down your spine. Oh and while you're at it, order their albums "luck be a weirdo tonight" and "power clown" as well. You won't regret it.
on 15 December 2015
DAFT FUNK AT IT'S FINEST! Fila B have been my absolute favourite artists for many years I think it's because they have such an understated and unpretentious original sound which sticks and hits you full on that no-one comes close. This beautiful album is typical of their skills in creating underground funk and weird melodies better than anyone else. I own all of their albums and this is because all of their work has a true and un touched standard. I couldn't say which of their albums is my fav as I love all of them. But you may want to try 'Blackmarket Gardening' for tripped out chillin and 'Powerclown' for more of the weird funk that they are so clever at producing. Maim that tune is up there for me also. But tis doesn't end there, try their remix album of other artists to see how they fair in this area, I think you will love it. My least favourite has to be 'The life and times of phoebus Brummal' (excuse spelling) but this is because of varied standards in my opinion. You may also like baby Mammoth of the same record label they have a few nice albums aswell.
on 24 November 1999
Just get up, right now, and buy this album. A total masterpiece combining jazz, funk, rock, dance - the lot. Each track differs so there is no 'stuck in a rut' feel. 'Bugs will bite' is the first track and is a great funk driven trippy type of tune. And the best album cover i think i've ever seen. BUY IT NOW.
on 23 July 2014
Item arrived in time, and was as described.
on 12 April 2015