5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Good, 18 Sep 2007
G. Bedwell (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyboom Town (Audio CD)
I bought this album based on the strength of the amazing live shows in and around the Bristol area and at the Glastonbury Festival and through knowing one of the members of the band (which I will not let bias this review, as it doesn't need it). I wasn't expecting it to be mindblowing, but I was hoping that I'd really enjoy it.

On the first couple of listens I thought I'd confirmed that theory. It was really good. Imagine my suprise when maybe a couple of weeks after listening to it on and off I'd begun to revise my opinion, in that it really was mindblowingly good.

This album is amazing. Right now my favourite tracks are Recording Device and Humble Man, but every time I listen to it I hear a new track as the standout track. There are not many albums where almost every song is a potential standout track, but this is one.

5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Album, 13 Aug 2010
This review is from: Babyboom Town (Audio CD)
Saw Babyhead at the Galhampton festival last year - never heard of them before, and after their superb live performance bought the album. Great stuff. Bags of energy, wry lyrics and an ecclectic mix of Ska, Hip Hop and Jazz influences all thrown into the pot, this is a simply brill album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money??, 4 Jan 2008
P. Lewis (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Babyboom Town (Audio CD)
I've seen Babyhead a few times now and likely will again as their energy pours off the stage, into and over the audience like a warming wave of goo.
At their last gig I bought the album (10) to help fund their ascent into the music industry (plus they looked hungry and rather scruffy).
One thing I wasn't happy with, I didn't get a hug for buying the CD in person :( (be nice to your fans, you never know...)

5.0 out of 5 stars WoOt!, 1 April 2007