5.0 out of 5 stars Post-hardcore brilliance, lost hopes and broken hearts, 13 July 2012
This review is from: Somewhere At The Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair (Audio CD)
What can I say about this album that hasn't been expressed before?
So very little.

Upon the first listen I had troubles digesting this album. So different and such a distinct sound. Post-hardcore isn't exactly my genre, but I heard so many positive comments that I had little choice but to give it a go. Starting from 'Said the King to the River' this album grabbed me by the throat and never let go. The balance between softer and harder passages is done just right. Transitions are flawless. In fact it would be blasphemy to review each song separately, because they flow to and from you as a liquid sea of guiltred, remorse and helplessness.

I can safely say this album's lyrics form THE most eloquently expressed verses that deal with love as a concept. The whole album is a concept album about how heartbreak hits you, tears through you, changes every aspect of life.
Having experienced my share of heartbreak and unrequited love, it seems this album was made for me, and I guess a lot of people feel that way.

What I absolutely love about Somewhere at the Bottom of the River between Vega and Altair is that I discover new subtle elements with each listen. New meanings to verses, little sounds buried under layers, you name it. This is more than an album, this is art.
Don't think about it, just buy it.

Maybe a verse to convince you of La Dispute's lyrical brilliance:

"Forever wait inside the sea for me, my dear
I hear you
You speak in every curling wave
And sing in every violent breeze
Someday not far away from here
My dear, I swear I'll see you
And we will hear the seraphs cry
For they will still envy you and I"

5.0 out of 5 stars Dispute, 10 Nov 2012
An awesome album with some genius guitar playing, contrapuntal drum riffs and intense vocals. This band is one of the best for me in the hardcore genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing CD., 19 Aug 2014
Great album, from a quality band. The album itself comes with a CD and a book of the lyrics. Not a plastic case but instead a nice card one for a change. Overall for 4.99 it's a steal especially with a free digital copy.