5.0 out of 5 stars philips go gear
Very easy to use, small and compact for use while exercising. excellent sound quality, with earphones or docking station
Published on 16 Jan. 2010 by S. Douglass

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the price
i bought this as an emergency mp3 for when my main mp3 player lost battery and needed charging. this was a stop gap player and also used for listening to new albums - decide on my fave songs then transfer those to my main player meaning it didnt get clogged up with stuff i didnt want to listen to.

so - good points
- its small, cheap and has nice metal...
Published on 16 Jun. 2010 by Mr. D. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, 16 Jun. 2010
Mr. D. Thompson "dan" (leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips GoGear Raga 2GB MP3 Player - Silver/Aluminium (Electronics)

so - good points
- its small, cheap and has nice metal finish
- easy and simple to use
- has better sound quality than my main mp3 (a creative zen)- i hear much more subtle touches and instruments on songs than i ever did on the other more expensive one. in fact it was so good i am thinking of buying a phillips next as my main one.

bad points
- it has boring display
- volume even at full isnt loud enough
- control buttons on front although nice and simple - are fiddly.

as usual headphones supplied are pants - but thats standard nowadays.

i have lost my main mp3 player and been using this one - although quality of music reproduction is good - its simply not a joy to use really.

but for a simple no frills mp3 player its good for the price - or to use as a back up like me.

hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars philips go gear, 16 Jan. 2010
S. Douglass (uk) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Small, light and easy to use, but music sounds harsh, 20 Feb. 2009
Mr. C. J. Webb "webbski" (England) - See all my reviews
I am a technological laggard who bought this to replace an old-style MP3 player- the type you have to put CD's into. Which? magazine suggested this model. Amazingly, it weighs only a couple of ounces yet can hold hours of music, with an internal battery that charges via a USB cable connected to a computer, and can play music for over 20 hours on one charge. Transferring music to it from your computer is a sinch. You put a CD into the hard drive and upload it to Windows Media Player, and then drag and drop into the MP3 player. However for some reason it transferred every piece of music that my wife and I have ever uploaded.

You can select music on this player by either artist or album. The sound quality is fairly harsh, even when using better headphones, and it's not very loud.

Unfortunately I bought a dud because just as I was getting excited it died on me and I now have to send it back. Rather than get a replacement, I am looking at a Sansa Clip 4GB, which apparently has better sound as well as a built-in FM. I am also tempted to take a giant step forward into the modern age and buy an iPod Touch, with Wi-Fi, although this is not a drag and drop option, because you need to use the Apple iTunes portal.

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 6 Mar. 2010
Ms. F. Cui (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my boyfriend to use in the gym since the latest ipod shuffle is too expensive. It has been nearly a month now, and he had no problem with it. It delivered all its promisses, so I think so far so good. :-D

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 years!, 24 Dec. 2011
Been using this for 2 years now and having to change the ear phones for better quality music the mp3 player itself is solid! Enough space to hold your songs and battery life is hours on hours!

5.0 out of 5 stars GoGear MP3 Player, 1 Dec. 2013
This item was purchased as a present! but as far as I'm aware the person who it was purchased for is very pleased with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Go Gear 2GB MP3 Player, 8 Jan. 2010
R. M. Moore - See all my reviews
I am new to this type of product and found it very easy to work out from the manual supplied. However the supplied disc has, up to now, been a waste of time, I am unable to register the product and emailed Phillips who replied saying they were aware ot the problem and then I discovered that the device Manager is also a waste of time as far as downloading updates is concerned, my email telling Phillips of this problem has gone unanswered so far. If it hadn't been for those two small faults it would have been given 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars SMALL SCREEN, 12 May 2010