Platform: PlayStation2Edition: NormalChange
Price:£3.80+ Free shipping

on 7 February 2009
I got this PS2 game for my boyfriend for christmas, he opened it on christmas day and it wouldn't play, he tried it on my brothers chunky PS2 and his slimline PS2.
So i assume its a problem with the disk, send off for a replacement from Amazon and that disk also does not work.
We went online and found similar issues, we tried cleaning the lens, taking the playstation apart and cleaning it out, changing various settings and although all of his other games work, the GH game would not!
So what a disapointment! luckily my brother had got Batman Lego for christmas so he and my boyfriend had fun on that instead.
I would not reccommend buying this for the playstation 2!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2009
I love Guitar Hero - I started out with Legends of Rock and then got this when it came out - I decided to just get the game rather than get a bundle for the new controller. Hasn't posed any problems although I think you can get additional points with additional features on the new controller - having said that I've still managed to do five star performances so it's no great loss. For me Legends of Rock is the better game, but this is still great, and has cool new features like being able to design your own rock star (word of warning, I kept blowing all my money on new outfits and then found I didn't have enough cash for some of the extra gigs!). It can be a little tricky keeping track of what you've played and what level of difficulty you have completed - or if you can see I just haven't figured it out yet! Definitely easier to play than Legends of Rock, and easier to get 5 star reviews. Still a great game, lots of fun to play.
on 6 October 2009
I must agree with another reviewer in that this is nowhere near as good as GH3:Legends of Rock.

Out of all the GH games that I own (and I own 6 of them - GH1, GH2, GHE:80's, GH3:LoR, GH:Metallica and this one) I think this is the worst one.
Now don't get me wrong, this is a good game, but maybe the songs aren't as good to rock out to??

The format of the game is slightly different with multiple instruments, storylines and other little tweaks with the unlocking of songs and areas/countries as you progress.....
Unfortunately I am unable to play the game in it's full capacity of 4 'instruments' (space limitations) so maybe that is why I am not overly impressed with it.

If you like the songs then get the game. If you are able to get the full ensemble and 3 friends to play with, get the game.
Playing on your own - you may get bored before you complete the game - like I did.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2009
I originally played my sister's boyfriend's Nintendo Wii version of this game and I enjoyed it, so I decided to purchase it for my PlayStation 2.

When I first played this game, not all the songs were listed in the Quickplay mode, so I had to enter a cheat code to get most of the songs in that mode. I don't like the Beginner mode of this game for guitar or bass so I went straight for 'Easy' mode. However, I don't mind the Beginner mode for vocals.

The playlist has many well-known songs such as Michael Jackson's 'Beat It,' Bon Jovi's 'Livin' On A Prayer,' Paramore's 'Misery Business' and No Doubt's 'Spiderwebs.' However there are a few songs that I've never heard before, but that won't stop me playing this game.

Overall, this game is fun and it is also addictive.
on 5 January 2012
Guitar Hero World Tour is the fourth in the series and now has the band option so you have Vocal's and Drums as optional instruments to play the game with in addition to Guitar.

The career mode is quite good following your band's path to Rock Stardom and unlocking song's and guest musician's such as Jimi Hendrix and Ozzy Osbourne in the process.

I do like the mixture of song's in the game from classic's such as The Eagles Hotel California through to Nirvana's About a Girl.

A good addition to the series and now the game is cheap it is good value for money and a must have game.
on 13 June 2012
Great title. The option to use different instruments is a vast improvement and serves to increase the already massive replay value. Also the option to play entire gigs in one go as opposed to constantly returning to the set-list is a nice touch as are the improved character creator/customization settings. The improved graphics are nice too!
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2009
I've been playing Guitar Hero for around a year now, and have my trusty Kramer wireless guitar from Guitar Hero 3, and was looking forward to GHWT.

I was a bit disappointed - I usually start the game playing from the lowest difficulty right though to as far as I can get - but the beginner's level is pathetic! All you have to do is strum the bar to the rhythm of the music; so I packed that in and started on easy. One good thing about GHWT is that it's a bit tricky in easy, so I usually learn the tracks like this. It's a lot harder than Rock Band.

I don't really like the way GHWT has gone more into characters - I just enjoy playing the music, so this is where Rock Band wins for me, but if you enjoy making characters then you're going to love this.

The good thing is that there is a lot of songs to play, including some very popular things like Wings "Band On The Run" and Oasis' "Live Forever", and plenty of other great hits. I like the way Activision have put more country and other genres into the game.

I do enjoy playing this, but when I play games like these I just want to rock out, and not fiddle around with the characters - I don't even really take much notice of the videos, I mainly concentrate on the next note coming my way. I do like the idea of the music studio - where you can write your own music, and the fact you can get drums and a mic (really wish I had the money for the full kit!) - at least you can play the game again as a bass guitar when you've done it as lead.

Well worth a go, it's good fun, just wish there was less focus on characters.
on 23 October 2015
I was very upset about this game. When I got it I was so looking forward to playing it, but It didn't work for my type of PS2 which mad me upset. Before buying this, make sure you have the right PS2 for this game, otherwise you've wasted your money. But I got a refund for it not working so I was happy I got my money back.
on 1 June 2009
well in great antisipation I got hold of world tour expecting a better product than legends of rock, unfortunatly I was given a washed down version aimed at small kids, shame as it was promoted as the best yet.
lets get back to the raw and rockin style of legends of rock come on activision you must do better!!!!
on 25 February 2015
one of the best yet .only seconded by greatest hits and ACDc which is only cool because of the songs not the game itself.not enough emphasis on the band ,
sorry back to this great all round pleasure massive array of songs a must to low guitar enthusiast
do it