5.0 out of 5 stars Punches well above it's weight!
Published on 10 Sept. 2009 by Mr. V. Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars canon pixma 3600 printer
Published on 31 May 2010 by Terri M

5.0 out of 5 stars Punches well above it's weight!, 10 Sept. 2009
Mr. V. Patel "Veran" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
This is the second ip3600 I purchased off Amazon; the first one gave up totally, but despite this - and due to the excellent customer service shown by Amazon - I opted to replace it with the exact same model. Although the printer itself is the size of a small chest freezer, it's finished in quality glossy black plastic which is aesthetically pleasing (although this does make it a dust magnet!). The multi-cartridge setup is well designed and it doesn't go through that much ink, even when printing out high quality photos. There are two black cartridges evident, one in the colour battery and a larger separate standalone cartridge. The print quality is excellent, and of a standard reserved for much pricier printers; colours are vibrant and well balanced on photo paper - and even prints on bog standard paper turn out well. Regular paper is fed via the convenient (and enclosed) cartridge under the front of the unit, with all other types of paper fed in via the top loader, so no messing about with sheets each time you need a regular print. Software runs well on Vista and isn't overwhelming. Altogether a well constructed piece of kit from Canon. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Printer, 12 Dec. 2009
S. choi "ninja_gal" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
My old HP three in one died on me recently due to some error which rendered it useless and unfix-able. I brought this as a quick replacement and it didn't disappoint.

Only thing is that its pretty big and space consuming even though its just a printer and not a three in one, and if you were to print in bulk with black ink, watch out for smudging when the next page pops out. The black is very rich when printed, but doesn't dry that quickly which may be a problem for some.

The paper storing is quite new as well, with two options of printing from a cassette or from the top. Down side is... the cassette which stores the paper under the printer juts out with some cheap plastic covering for the paper. okay it keeps the paper dustless, but...come on, they should have re-designed that part.

Print quality is excellent with high res printing, but colours for example the cyan blue type may not come out so good on this printer [however much I have tried to tamper with the options]

This review is mostly to point out all the bad parts, but it is definitely worth getting if you can see pass all those negatives. Which isnt really that bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., 13 Nov. 2009
Mr. Sam Grady (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
So far, so good, I say. Well yes, I've had a lot of printers over the years and they've all let me down eventually, but from the off, this looks good. Easy set up, small, looks good, great print quality, cheap ink, it's got it all, hasn't it? Not entirely. I've taken this printer home now as I've just bought the iP4700, which is the same printer, but also prints quicker, both sides of the paper and onto CD/DVD's for an extra £10 or something.

If you really are on a budget, then this is great, but if you can stretch the extra, the iP4700 is the winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 29 Nov. 2009
woody "Alan" (Preston, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
For the last twelve years I have been using various Epson printers and have to admit, that on the whole I have had good service from them. But my last Epson RS 220 recently started printing incorrect shades of colours. No matter what I did I couldn't correct the fault. So I decided to try another brand, did a lot of reading other customer reviews on Amazon (always a wealth of information) and went for a Conon iP3600. I've only had it for three weeks, but in that short time I've printed probably eighty photos and that printer has made my pics look great. The colours are fantastic, it is easy to use and quiet, and comes with a very useful bundle of software. So well done Canon. And also congratulations to Amazon. I ordered a few days before the postal strike and Amazon promised delivery 5 to 7 days later by Parcel Post. But because of the threatened postal action, I had an email telling me that my order was to be sent by courier. As a result the printer came much earlier than originally promised. Now, that's what I call Service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer, 17 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
I purchased this printer to replace a old HP Laserjet HP6 that had finally expired. Although I was not looking for colour printing the cost of this item seemed too good to ignore, and I am delighted with my choice. The printer only took a few minutes to set up initially, and because it is connected via USB I can use it from either my desktop or laptop - the HP had the old serial connector that laptops generally don't have.
The print quality of normal black-typed documents and letters is perfectly adequate at standard output, although a little less sharp than the laserjet quality. The colour output of photos onto the sample glossy media supplied with the printer is superb.
Bearing in mind that this complete printer cost about the same as each replacement cartridge for the Laserjet, I think it is superb piece of kit for someone using a printer for low to medium levels of output, and well worth the money. Needless to say it arrived the day after I had ordered it, which I find to be almost standard now for Amazon! Fantastic service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Printer, 5 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
Came to my home fast, set up was easy. Using it took a bit of figuring out especially with the two tray feed system, but now works a treat. Had difficulty in getting DVD/CD full face print to cover whole DVD/CD, but after an e mail to Cannon all was sorted out and it was myself looking in the wrong area that was at fault. Like this printer a lot much more than the Epson R220 that packed up on me (won't buy Epson again!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're after a good picture printer, this is the one, 10 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
We had to replace an aging Epson R300 printer and opted for this one based on reviews. One of the reasons to go for Canon is the extreme cost for replacement Epson inks, and Epson printers simply hate compatible cartridges. We wondered how the IP3600 would compare, considering that it has fewer ink tanks, but one has to say, the print quality is brilliant. We have high standards when it comes to home picture printing and were not disappointed. It is much faster than the Epson. Setting it up was dead easy, even with our outdated Windows XP / SP2 operating system. We are using left over Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper with it, setting the Canon printer to the Plus Glossy II media type, and the prints look just like they did on the Epson; the same quality was achieved using the 3 sample sheets of Canon Glossy II paper that came with the IP3600. Saying that, even using Morrisons "The Best" glossy paper gave very good results. We tried a few extra settings and found that the VIVID option simply adds more Cyan to the pictures, the prints are fine without this option. What we miss is the Vivid and Clear option that came with Epson Photoquicker, Canon's Photoprint EX lets you manipulate pictures but not quite with the same results. Still, the printer itself is brilliant. Keep in mind that you need a USB cable, it's not in the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 4 April 2010
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
Having had some less than pleasing experiences from two other branded photo printers I decided it was time for a change. Necessity being imminent, I opted for an inexpensive printer which would fulfill my requirements and provide a good quality output. The Canon iP3600 photo printer has surpassed this test to my satisfaction.

I would recommend this printer for home/home office uses.

I.G.H.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon iP 3600, 25 Oct. 2010
gefb (Runcorn, Cheshire.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
Bought this printer to replace an Epson R200 which chugged like a tractor, it was bought for my wife to do her card making and stuff, I've had a Canon MP 610 for 18 months so I know how good they are and we weren't disappointed with this model, it was easy to set up and printing is fast and quiet and a set of ink cartridges is cheap enough, if you just need a good printer that just prints and does nothing else then I can recommend this one, the printed results are excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars canon pixma 3600 printer, 31 May 2010
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer (Electronics)
Invented by someone who's never used one I think. Bad points - initially awkward ink cartridge setup; overly complicated paper feeds - two where just one would do; constant removal of paper tray if need to put printer away when not in use - it juts out from the bottom of the machine and is very loose, or if doing much double- sided printing or a lot of refilling; takes time and lots of whirring to get started; very delicate, won't take much careless handling. From what I've read these comments seem to apply to most value range canon printers.
Good points - individual colour cartridges; separate black ink for just b/w printing; easy to follow, if lengthy, set up instructions; not too big or bulky; quick, normal and photo printing quality is good; no problems with Windows7. Overall a good value printer and once you get used to the noise and handling the paper tray,I would happily recommend for someone who doesn't do an excessive amount of printing. It's not a patch on my old Epson Stylus Photo but then it's a lot cheaper - I wonder if it will last as long

Canon PIXMA iP3600 Printer