5.0 out of 5 stars A genius remembered
Published on 14 Nov. 2008 by G. Riley

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too brilliant.
Published on 7 Mar. 2009 by A. A. Knight

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A genius remembered, 14 Nov. 2008
G. Riley "GBR" (Eton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
For those of us who have enjoyed having Clue playing in our kitchens and on the car radio for the best part of 35 years, this DVD of the live tour of shows is a gem. For many it will be an opportunity to watch Humph in one of his last public appearances and his comic genious burns as brightly as ever. The team give great support as does Colin Sell on the piano. The final moments, given over to a beautful trumpet solo by Humph as the show closes brought a tear to me eye, and I stood up and joined the audience in their ovation. One of the classic radio comedy shows loses nothing in the transfer to DVD format, it has already become a cherished item in my comedy collection. I also recommend the new CD of the tribite show to Humph broadcast on the BBC earlier on this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tribute, 5 Jan. 2009
M. V. Clarke (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
Simply brilliant - the ISIHAC regulars plus Jeremy Hardy doing what they do best - making people laugh. All the favourite rounds are here in the equivalent of two extended radio shows. The teams simply sit at desks on stage, much like a radio recording, and perform. Humph is thoroughly bored, irritable and bemused throughout, barely tolerating the proceedings at times. Jeremy Hardy's singing is hilarious, especially his rendition of 'Thank you for the music', while the old hands are on top form. A fabulous tribute to a wonderful man, recorded just weeks before Humph's death, this is a must-own for all fans; the trumpet solo at the end is brilliant and the standing ovation brings a tear to the eye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 16 Dec. 2008
A. D. Cox "boltanski" (Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
Pure joy. Worth it to see Jeremy Hardy singing Thank You For The Music alone. The expressions on Humph's face are priceless. British humour taken to its utmost.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Flawed Gem... But A Gem Nonetheless, 19 Nov. 2009
A. Foxley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Live On Stage' will remain, if nothing else, a rare visual record of one of radio's best loved comedy panel shows - not actually a radio recording, but a touring show loosely recreating the structure of a recording, and offering a 'Greatest Hits' package of much-loved moments from the show's recent years. It's also of note due to it being one of original chairman Humphrey Lyttelton's last performances, joined by regulars Graeme Garden, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Barry Cryer and occasional participant Jeremy Hardy for an evening of silly things to do. It has to be said, the show does lose a little something in a visual medium, and the familiarity of the material robs it of its usual off-the-cuff charm (whether it really is off-the-cuff or not). But if you can sit back and enjoy this for what it is - a group of very funny people doing what they do best - then you're unlikely to be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars goodbye humph., 17 July 2009
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
i've long been a fan of the radio shows and have all the CD's already. this is pure magic though. not only do you get the laughs, but you get to see the laughs also. the late chairman humphrey lyttleton was a master at the innuendo and although it was always funny to hear his quips, watching his deadpan delivery and the smiles and laughter that he caused to the panelests is priceless. humph, you'll be sadly missed, but you'll never be forgotten.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, 8 Feb. 2009
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage
THis is a must for anyone who ever listened to the inimitable Humph and his band of merry men in the long-running radio programme. All our favourites are there - one song to the tune of another, charades (inclding the Lionel Blair and Una Stubbs one) and yes - Mornington Crescent! I didn't think I'd enjoy watching the programme but it is a delight and the producers deserve a huge thank you for giving us the opportunity of seeing it all happen.
For those who weren't fortunate to hear the originals on radio - try Radio 7 as they repeat the programmes once a week. But, in any case, buy this DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant purchase. We have laughed and laughed. Seeing a radio programme made live on stage adds an extra dimension - pauses on the radio are what I had suspected, the players are laughing themselves. The addition of interviews on this DVD gives added value.

5.0 out of 5 stars ISIHACADVD, 28 Dec. 2011
R. Thexton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
As ever, extremely funny. Not recommended for slow witted listeners. Although the late great Humphrey Littleton is no longer able to host the show it continues on Radio 4 under the guidance of Jack Dee. Still very funny.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too brilliant., 7 Mar. 2009
A. A. Knight (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
I't is very nice to see a live show which the majority of us never got to see. The problem is that the entire, and I mean every, segment has been recycled from previous popular radio broadcasts from the two years leading up to this. For example; the uxbridge english dictionary definitions have all been heard before but with some of the other members of the cast reading them. The sound charades contain exactly the same films from a show about a year before this and even Humph's script is identical throughout. The whole thing is scripted to include the funniest stuff up till whenever it was made with no originality. Things being so, the cast seems awkward and very little is off the cuff. It is a good summing up of what was a somewhat unscripted show but in a scripted format. But then if it is for you, then it is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very funny. have listened to this show on radio for ..., 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Live on Stage [DVD] (DVD)
very very funny. have listened to this show on radio for years and great to see at least one of them bought to life on stage, very long in coming and too late due to the passing of 2 of the great stalwarts: willie rushton and recently the great humphrey littleton. despite this i fervently hope for more of these. highly recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›