5.0 out of 5 stars They do a body wash too!
I started off by using the body wash and was over the moon to find out that they also do a shampoo!

Just like the body wash it doesn't react with my skin at all and it leaves my hair squeaky clean.

This is just the best range of products for people who have truly sensitive skin!
Published on 18 Sept. 2008 by M. QUINN

3.0 out of 5 stars Stops hair loss
As soon as I started using this it reduced my hair loss a lot and after using it for a week there was no hair loss at all. After using it a few months hair started falling out again.

Makes my hair very dry and frizzy, although does make hair shiny (after used it a few days).

Smells a bit like Dettol - bit antiseptic, but not strong or...
Published 7 months ago by The Hungry Meerkat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars They do a body wash too!, 18 Sept. 2008
M. QUINN - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars stopped my hair loss, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
My friend recently recommended this to me as she was aware that I was suffering from hair loss. She told me that she had in the past, lost alot of hair and this shampoo helped her. I didnt initially take her advice as I didnt think it would work. I tried other herbal shampoos from Lush which are called New Bar and Rehab. II even tried boots hair loss shampoo. After about 8 months my hair loss problem became worse as I had thinning patches around my scalp.

I finally decided to give it a go as it surely wouldnt make things worse. I bought the shampoo from Holland and Barrett and it normally costs around £6.00 for a 200ml bottle. Costs more than your average loreal and head and shoulders but its worth the price. Within two weeks my hair loss reduced dramatically and this made me realise that I probably had a sensitive scalp for years and didnt even know. This shampoo by the way is chemical free, it is 100% natural and I will be sticking to this for a long time.

When I wash my hair now I just use this shampoo and dont need to use a seperate conditioner l. This is probabaly because Allergenics contains extract of coconut oil and aloe vera which soften the hair. Once dry my hair still looks good and no one can tell that I dont use a seperate conditioner. This shampoo left my hair soft and shiny.

I have tried skin, hair and nails, lush shampoos as mentioned earlier. None of this worked for me as my hair loss problem wasnt lack of vitamins, hereditary hairloss or hormones it was a sensitive scalp. Oh yeah I went to the Belgravia Clinic and they told me I had androgenetic Alopecia and unless I take their treatment I would lose all my hair? They were obviously very wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells a bit medicated, 8 April 2011
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
I have a very sensitive, dry scalp that has led to a dandruff problem and eczema in my ears. It's very embarrassing, and has made me avoid dark-coloured suits for some time now :)

I've tried a lot of dandruff shampoos like Head and Shoulders, but my scalp reacts to them.

The shampoo has been extensively tested in the field of allergies, and is recommended for those with dermatitis, too.

All the ingredients are naturally sourced and hypo allergenic. They are as follows (for those who are interested!):

Aloe Barbadensis, Aqua, Decyl Glucoside (from glucose), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (from coconuts), Soy Sterol (GMO-free soyabean source), Capryloyl Glycine (from palm and sunflower seeds), Coco Glucoside (Coconut oil and glucose), Glyceryl Oleate (natural glyceryl and oleic acid), Aroma (natural essential oils and flowers), Panthenol (vitamin B5), Allantoin (from sugar beet), Cysteine HCI (natural amino acid), Xanthan Gum (natural), Borago Officinalis (borage seed oil), Sodium Hydroxide (natural), Citric Acid.

The shampoo left my hair feeling much better - thicker and softer, and after three weeks, my scalp stopped flaking so much. I'm still not able to run my fingers through my hair with worrying about snow flurries, but it's much improved from before. It no longer feels so sensitive, and I feel that it's been worth the money.

It does smell a bit medicated, though.

Edit 29-04-11: My dry scalp problem has officially cleared up now. Very pleased. The main thing for dandruff sufferers is 'avoid shampoo with sulphates in'; it's worth the perserverence.

5.0 out of 5 stars No More problems, 13 Mar. 2013
Joy Fancutt-Burger "Joykie" (St. Albans, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
If you have allergies this is the best yet, it is the best I've used in a very long time. I've had no reaction to my finger tips and feet that were badly affected by normal shampoo. It leaves my hair clean and manageable, what more can I ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Allergenics Shampoo, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
I have used this for a couple of years or so now. Initially tried it as my scalp is highly sensitive and most shampoos irritate it so much that I'm pulling my hair out! It's very gentle and non-greasy. It may not work for everyone but it's worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommended - Excellent product, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
My husband constantly suffers with an itchy scalp and after using goodness knows how many different shampoos this is definitely one that works. Doesn't smell strong and it leaves his hair looking good and feeling nice too. No more itchy scalp!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shampoo I've ever used, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
When I developed contact eczema on my scalp due a chemical burn from a volumising spray, I tried countless 'mild' shampoos to use on my dry, sore, burning, sensitive scalp. However, they all seemed to dry my scalp out and make it worse. I then did my research and realised that chemicals used in shampoos are not only irritating to the scalp but can be toxic and damage the hair follicles! They also strip the scalp from all its natural oils leaving you with greasy hair causing you to wash it more frequently. I then turned to 'Eczema' shampoos and was shocked to find the same well-known irritating chemicals (like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, etc) are in shampoos specifically designed for people with dry and sensitive scalps!! It's beggars belief that a company who manufactures shampoo for people with eczema and dry and sensitive scalp conditions would even contemplate putting such chemicals in their shampoo.

Anyway, I finally came across Allergenics and was so pleased that they use 100% natural ingredients in their shampoo with no harsh sulfates or detergents. I have been using it for 2 months now and can honestly say (even pre scalp issues) it's the best shampoo I have ever used. It moisturises the scalp, leaves hair shiny, soft and gives it volume. Previously, I used to have to wash my hair every other day - now I only have to wash it every 3-4 days, since my scalp isn't overcompensating for being stripped of its oils. Needless to say, I plan to use this shampoo for a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Optima allergenics shampoo, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
This product appears to definately improve eczema of the scalp,the condition has significantly improved after just one 200ml bottle. Today just placed a further order for 2 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hypoallergenic product, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
This is an excellent product.

I always go for hypoallergenic/natural products and this really does the job.

Other brands I like are A'kin and Sukin, two bio products from Australia. Both very good. Very gentle. Available on Amazon.

However after a while they may leave the hair feeling that it still needs a really 'good' wash.

Some here feel the Allergenics product smells a bit medicated. and the packaging certainly looks as if it is something supplied under contract to the NHS.

It is a bit stronger than the pure vegan ones but leaves your hair feeling it has had the required 'good deep' wash.

My recommendation would be to experiment and see. You can always use in combination with one of the other two as needed. That's what I do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stops hair loss, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)

Smells a bit like Dettol - bit antiseptic, but not strong or unpleasant.

I now use Dr Organic Olive Oil shampoo from Holland & Barrett and this doesn't make my hair fall out and it doesn't make my hair dry and frizzy like Allergenics. Can't use the Dr Organic conditioner though as it makes my hair fall out - like all conditioners do. All conditioners make my hair fall out but most shampoos don't. Weleda Revitalizing hair tonic is good for hair loss too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›