5.0 out of 5 stars stopped my hair loss
Published on 15 Oct 2010 by msunknown

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me
Makes my flaky scalp a lot worse and doesn't help with the itching either. I tried it a few times in case I just had to work through it, but no, it's definitely not improving.
Published 15 months ago by Rhian Davies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars stopped my hair loss, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
My friend recently recommended this to me as she was aware that I was suffering from hair loss. She told me that she had in the past, lost alot of hair and this shampoo helped her. I didnt initially take her advice as I didnt think it would work. I tried other herbal shampoos from Lush which are called New Bar and Rehab. II even tried boots hair loss shampoo. After about 8 months my hair loss problem became worse as I had thinning patches around my scalp.

I finally decided to give it a go as it surely wouldnt make things worse. I bought the shampoo from Holland and Barrett and it normally costs around 6.00 for a 200ml bottle. Costs more than your average loreal and head and shoulders but its worth the price. Within two weeks my hair loss reduced dramatically and this made me realise that I probably had a sensitive scalp for years and didnt even know. This shampoo by the way is chemical free, it is 100% natural and I will be sticking to this for a long time.

When I wash my hair now I just use this shampoo and dont need to use a seperate conditioner l. This is probabaly because Allergenics contains extract of coconut oil and aloe vera which soften the hair. Once dry my hair still looks good and no one can tell that I dont use a seperate conditioner. This shampoo left my hair soft and shiny.

I have tried skin, hair and nails, lush shampoos as mentioned earlier. None of this worked for me as my hair loss problem wasnt lack of vitamins, hereditary hairloss or hormones it was a sensitive scalp. Oh yeah I went to the Belgravia Clinic and they told me I had androgenetic Alopecia and unless I take their treatment I would lose all my hair? They were obviously very wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do a body wash too!, 18 Sep 2008
M. QUINN - See all my reviews
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
I started off by using the body wash and was over the moon to find out that they also do a shampoo!

Just like the body wash it doesn't react with my skin at all and it leaves my hair squeaky clean.

This is just the best range of products for people who have truly sensitive skin!

5.0 out of 5 stars No More problems, 13 Mar 2013
Joy "I walk for miles listening to my books, ... (St. Albans, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
If you have allergies this is the best yet, it is the best I've used in a very long time. I've had no reaction to my finger tips and feet that were badly affected by normal shampoo. It leaves my hair clean and manageable, what more can I ask?

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells a bit medicated, 8 April 2011
Straightforward (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
I have a very sensitive, dry scalp that has led to a dandruff problem and eczema in my ears. It's very embarrassing, and has made me avoid dark-coloured suits for some time now :)

I've tried a lot of dandruff shampoos like Head and Shoulders, but my scalp reacts to them.

The shampoo has been extensively tested in the field of allergies, and is recommended for those with dermatitis, too.

All the ingredients are naturally sourced and hypo allergenic. They are as follows (for those who are interested!):

Aloe Barbadensis, Aqua, Decyl Glucoside (from glucose), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (from coconuts), Soy Sterol (GMO-free soyabean source), Capryloyl Glycine (from palm and sunflower seeds), Coco Glucoside (Coconut oil and glucose), Glyceryl Oleate (natural glyceryl and oleic acid), Aroma (natural essential oils and flowers), Panthenol (vitamin B5), Allantoin (from sugar beet), Cysteine HCI (natural amino acid), Xanthan Gum (natural), Borago Officinalis (borage seed oil), Sodium Hydroxide (natural), Citric Acid.

The shampoo left my hair feeling much better - thicker and softer, and after three weeks, my scalp stopped flaking so much. I'm still not able to run my fingers through my hair with worrying about snow flurries, but it's much improved from before. It no longer feels so sensitive, and I feel that it's been worth the money.

It does smell a bit medicated, though.

Edit 29-04-11: My dry scalp problem has officially cleared up now. Very pleased. The main thing for dandruff sufferers is 'avoid shampoo with sulphates in'; it's worth the perserverence.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me, 14 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Optima allergenics shampoo, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
This product appears to definately improve eczema of the scalp,the condition has significantly improved after just one 200ml bottle. Today just placed a further order for 2 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommended - Excellent product, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
My husband constantly suffers with an itchy scalp and after using goodness knows how many different shampoos this is definitely one that works. Doesn't smell strong and it leaves his hair looking good and feeling nice too. No more itchy scalp!

5.0 out of 5 stars Allergenics Shampoo, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
I have used this for a couple of years or so now. Initially tried it as my scalp is highly sensitive and most shampoos irritate it so much that I'm pulling my hair out! It's very gentle and non-greasy. It may not work for everyone but it's worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
been using this champoo for ages as my hair/scalp doesn't seem to like the coventional ones, it also leaves my hair cleaner for longer. I would say is a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Shampoo, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Optima Allergenics Medicated Shampoo 200ml (Personal Care)
It always keeps my hair clean, free from dandruff and ensures I do not get any infection of the scalp. Highly recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›