Format: DVD|Change

on 4 November 2008
As an adult with 2 young daughters it's always an exciting time when a new feature-length Scooby Doo animated film is released (even for the kids!).

Whilst this film has great animation as usual, the story just doesn't have much to it compared to the rest of the more recent Warner Bros releases.

A few of things that are most obvious are that 1) Shaggy and Scooby feature heavily whilst the rest of the gang don't very much - not a good thing in our household 2) There is no real mystery at all - just what effectively amounts to one long chase 3) It feels like it's just a quick release to tie in with Halloween time and feels a bit one dimensional.

That's not to say that kids won't enjoy it, ours did and laughed along with the scrapes Shaggy & Scooby get themselves into, however what they haven't done is ask for it to be played again which is most unusual.

So, our view is for the next one get a better story, make it a mystery and get the rest of the gang involved.

For those who haven't got any of the feature length episodes I'd avoid this and go for Witch's Ghost, Loch Ness Monster, Alien Invaders, Zombie Island and Chill Out which are all superior to this release.
on 31 December 2009
In my opinion the standard of the Scooby-Doo movies has decreased anually. Ever since "Aloha Scooby-Doo" in 2005 the releases have become poorer and poorer; this film epitomises all of that.

After reading reviews, I decided that instead of purchasing, I should watch it on the computer first; I am relieved with my decision. Here are a few (of many) reasons for my dislike:

* Fred, Daphne & Velma feature extremley rarely
* There is no mystery
* All the monsters are REAL
* The plot is one long chase
* The setting is a magical world
* There is "no man in a mask"
* The villain's character is weak and not frightening

Though children may enjoy this film, I would not advise introducing them to Scooby-Doo through this film. It is a poor release and an insult to 40 years of quality.
on 14 September 2010
Another great value DVD kids loved it, and it kept them happy for hours, I have bought a few of the Scooby-Doo ones and they have all been very funny even thought they have ghosts in the plot.
on 1 January 2013
My 4-year old loved this as he is a Scooby Doo fan. I loved it too as i was trying to work out how many pills the story writer had popped before he came up with this one - talk about trippy!
on 13 June 2014
fast posting
great item
cheap
no damage
plays fine
son loves his dvds and gets really excited when the postman arrives
am always buying from this seller (:
on 30 October 2013
Another great Scooby Doo movie to frighten and entertain. I would recommend people to watch it as I think it has the entertainment every animated Scooby Doo movie should have!!
on 27 October 2013
bought for 6 year old grand daughter who loves scooby. she has watched it over and over again. it was a real bargain.
on 1 December 2013
My son loves scooby so when he watched this DVD he watched it with a big smile. You never can go wrong with scooby
on 15 November 2014
My kids love it,mostly scooby and shaggy,and monsters are real no people dressing up ,all good fun
on 24 April 2010
We all enjoyed watching this especially my Grandson who laughed nearly all the way through!