5.0 out of 5 stars A wok to beat them all
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:27 Mins
Things that I liked about this wok:

* There is no doubt that this wok is extremely sturdy and well made
* It has a very large flat base - one of the largest I have seen in a wok. This means that more of the cooking surface is in contact with the heat
* the sides of the wok are gently sloping. This means that you can cook a...
Published on 21 Dec 2011 by D. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Read - it will save you potential tears later on.
This wok does NOT work with ceramic hobs. There are a couple of reviews mixed in among the 5 star reviews saying similar things , so I feel that I need to add a view so that these couple of negative reviews are not dismissed by potential buyers.

Published 20 months ago by W Clifford

5.0 out of 5 stars A wok to beat them all, 21 Dec 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised Covered Stirfry Wok - 36 cm (Kitchen & Home)
Length:: 4:27 Mins

Things that I liked about this wok:

* There is no doubt that this wok is extremely sturdy and well made
* the sides of the wok are gently sloping. This means that you can cook a large amount of food at the same time and they will still be in contact with the cooking surface of the wok
* non stick surface - the food genuinely does not stick at all to it
* easy to clean - just was immediately after use with hot soapy water. It doesn't need any care other than that
* the handles are riveted onto the sides of the wok. There are no screws to come undone or loosen.
* the handles on the wok and the lid are thick and heavy duty - they are not going to break under any normal usage
* the stainless steel lid is large and if you are not stir frying it allows for plenty of steam to accumulate keeping the food moist and hot
* works on all cooker types including ceramic and induction hobs
* comes with a lifetime guarantee - this gives you confidence in the quality of the materials and the workmanship

Things that I didn't like about this wok:

* it is heavy and not being overly tall or muscular, I do find that once it is full of food it is heavy to lift
* When cooking a standard stir fry for around 5 minutes the handles get warm but are not too hot to pick up. If you accidentally have the handles overlapping another ring on the cooker be aware that they can get extremely hot.
* the non stick surface will scratch if metal implements are used (but most people are aware not to use metal so that shouldn't be a problem)
* because it is such a large pan it does require a decent amount of storage space in your cupboards. Unfortunately you cannot store it with the lid inverted into the main body as the lid is much taller and the handle of the lid ends up scraping on the non stick bottom of the wok
* the stainless steel base doesn't conduct heat as well as a copper base would but it does still heat up very well

Overall impression:

A huge wok that is ideal for cooking meals for a large family. It is solid, sturdy and the quality of the build is obvious to see when you see it in real life. It is expensive compared to other woks on the market but I can't see that I will ever need to purchase a new one so to me it was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wok, 1 Oct 2010
Having changed recently to an induction hob we needed a new wok as our current circulon one would not work with the induction system.
We have always bought Circulon in the past and have never been dissapointed this is no exception the product is great the non stick qualities superb a great piece of kitchen equipment which should last as long as the old one has.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth non stick, excellent size, get this if you are not doing any high heat stir fry, 5 Nov 2010
was looking for a big bang wok 36 cm not too heavy for my petite size but at the same time durable easy cleaning non stick wok and presentable to serve on dining table and i found this.

have used it on my ceramic hob, it retains heat very well (that is after 15 mins or so of pre heat with little bit of oil) but if you are wanting to sear/brown food on high heat, you will be dissappointed so adviseable to look for other wok.

Having said that, because of its excellent heat retention, you could just use minimal liquid for any type of cooking and it still keeps food moist, of course with the use of the domed lid. Need not to worry about burning the bottom of the wok.

I believe that if you use the right utensils for the non stick, it will be your long term kitchen partner :)

You can use it for many types of cooking on the hob and under the hob as it is also oven proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is everything, 6 Aug 2009
A. Later - See all my reviews
Excellent wok, lid fits perfectly, solid and made to last. Circulon products aren't cheap but then quality products seldom are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 April 2011
We bought this to add to the rest of the pans in the range - and it is fantastic!!!! We love it. Well worth the cost!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Read - it will save you potential tears later on., 21 Dec 2012
W Clifford (England) - See all my reviews

Let me start by saying how EXCITED I was to buy this wok. Now I am not really a kitchen person who buys lots of things, but I had longed for years for a big non stick wok as most standard non stick woks you buy can only really cook enough for two people. I had seen this wok on Amazon for a while but could never really justify the cost of it so plodded on using my trusty small Tefal wok. Then one day I finally took the plunge and ordered this . When it arrived I could see from the build quality and feel from the weight that this was one impressive wok and looked forward to many happy years of wokking .

Therefore the crushing disappointment I felt was only magnified 10 fold when I discovered to my horror that the wok just would not heat up enough to perform proper Chinese stir fry cooking. The wok will get hottish after a while and you can cook food in it , but it never gets really hot and the ceramic hot always cuts out due to what I can only assume is the material this is made out of. And it definitely isn't my cooker as I have in the past couple of months got a new ceramic cooker and it doesn't work on this one either - I wont say that I bought a new cooker just in the hope of getting the wok to work , but the truth is that when considering replacing my old cooker in the back of my mind I pushed ahead with the decision in the hope that something was wrong with the old ceramic hob and it would magically work with the new one.

It did not and now I am left with a very beautiful , very heavy wok which brings tears to my eyes every time I have to drag it out to cook a large Chinese meal which my 10 year tefal just cant fit. The time it takes is just so... slow.... and all the benefits and tastes of high temperature fast Chinese cooking are just lost. And so thus to my one star rating , given the packaging clearly states it should work with a ceramic hob , I feel that it really can't be called fit for purpose.

In conclusion PLEASE PLEASE do take heed if you have an electric ceramic hob and if you have found this review useful vote on this comment so that others may be warned in advance before parting with their hard earned cash . If you have a traditional gas cooker , then maybe this is great as the other reviews mention , and if you want a wok for slow cooking ( as one reviewer does ) , then again maybe this is the one, but if you are like me and are looking for a large wok to do proper hot fast stir frying , stay away from this. To be honest , I am not sure there is an alternative which is why I was drawn to this in the first place , if you find one please leave me a comment as I continue my humble search for the perfect large non stick wok .

Happing Wokking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Circulon Wok, 13 Sep 2011
K. J. Leigh - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this product, although quite large, it is great for cooking stir fry's & lots more besides, is so easy to clean too - brill!!

5.0 out of 5 stars non-stick wok, 28 Jun 2011
superb product.it does take a bit of time to heat up but there is absolutely no suggestion of the food sticking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wok!, 14 May 2011
I looked at various woks before deciding on this one and I have to say I was not disappointed. Yes it is expensive but worth every penny.
A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wok ever, 7 April 2012
Being Malaysian I do a lot of cooking in a wok. I was looking to replace my worn out wok with a family size wok that not only cooks a large amount but offered better stability during stir frying. This wok ticks both these criteria and impressed me further with the non-stick feel when cooking. Any food item you place in the wok to stir fry floats around the wok with such ease it is a real pleasure to use. Washing up is very easy too, as the non-stick means exactly that.
This wok is well worth the cost, and was delivered with usual Amazon delivery speed and convenience.