5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Dance meet; Dance wins, 14 May 2009
This review is from: Intimacy: Remixed (Audio CD)
As the Amazon listing simply has the songs from the album without the details of the remixes them I will start with that info:

1. Ares (Villains Remix)
2. Mercury (Herve is in Disarray Remix)
3. Halo (We Have Band Dub)
4. Biko (Mogwai Remix)
5. Trojan Horse (John B Remix)
6. Signs (Armand Van Helden Remix)
7. One Month Off (Filthy Dukes Remix)
8. Zephyrus (Phase One Remix)
9. Talons (Phones R.I.P. Mix)
10. Better Than Heaven (No Age Remix)
11. Ion Square (Banjo or Freakout Remix)
12. Letter to My Son (Gold Panda Remix)
13. Your Visits are Getting Shorter (Optothetic Remix)

As someone who was impressed by the parent album - Intimacy - I was dead excited to see that the band had followed up the superb Remix of debut album 'Silent Alarm' by also remixing this, their third studio album. Now I have to be honest and admit that I'm a big fan of the band and would probably buy anything they released (let's pray they never produce a concept album!). Some critics will carp that this is a cynical cash-in, however the Remixes here are without exception of an extremely high calibre; hit single 'Mercury' is stripped-down and becomes dark and edgy, 'Halo' is robbed of BP's trademark crashing guitars and given a throbbing bass overhaul, whilst 'Signs' receives Armand Van Helden's top treatment and becomes much dancier and frankly better than the original. Filthy Dukes' mix of 'One Month Off' is almost euphoric, whilst 'Talons' becomes classic Dance/Pop; all rolling synth and anthemic chorus; it is arguably the standout track on here, although 'purists' may disagree.

These are just my top picks, but to be honest the Remixes have unanimously improved on a decent original album, and what we have is arguably the band's most accessible and danceable album to date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, rather good., 9 Jun. 2009
S. Tranter (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Intimacy: Remixed (Audio CD)
A very good album, I enjoyed it alot.
However, half the appeal to me was hearing the different takes on the intimacy tracks, so if you havn't heard Intimacy, I'd recomend getting that instead. Some of the remixes were abit duff, but overall, it was a good listen. I don't see it having any longevity, I can't see myself going back and listening to it in a few years (whereas I might do so with Silent Alarm)
I partuiularily like the styling on the album cover etc. Holding the remix next to the original is a visual treat.
Standout tracks - Signs, Talons and Ares

5.0 out of 5 stars possibly BETTER than silent alarm!!, 20 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Intimacy [VINYL] (Vinyl)
exactly what the title says.

songs like ares, and ion square are absolutely astounding, and there are slower songs like biko.

this is the best album i've heard in a long time.

get it on physical copy. it'll be the best 8-15 pounds you've ever spent :)
x

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and really quick, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Intimacy: Remixed (Audio CD)
They confirmed and sent within the day and I had it and was listening in no time. I highly reccomend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Intimacy (Audio CD)
Great album!

Intimacy
Intimacy by Bloc Party (Audio CD - 2008)