Style Name: Honey|Change

on 30 October 2010
This lip balm is so much better than the original burt's bees lip balm!in my opinion:-)
Ads:
So easy to apply as it just glides on your lips
Feels so moisturising, smooth and not too heavy
I don't have to apply it often because it lasts long but doesn't leave that waxy feeling
Leaves a slight natural tint on lips (but the colour is buildable the more you put on)

Disads:
Hmmmm....not many!I guess it doesn't really smell like pomegranate more like fruity?maybe, but thats not such a big deal
Also,it doesn't have that minty tingly feeling that some people love

Definitely if you love lip balms you should try this out!
Hope that helps:-)
on 10 September 2011
Easily the best lip balm ever. Its totally smooth, unlike some 'gritty' feeling balms. It's not at all 'watery' unlike Vaselines products, its very thick (i guess due to the bees wax) but you only get a little on your lips at at time so they don't feel clogged up. I have always suffered with dry, peeling and cracking lips and have always tried to keep up a routine of using balms, but it never fully stopped the dryness. When I first got this product I had had a split in my lower lip for about 6 months (it had come on and off for years) that would not fully heal even though I was using lip balms, I was even considering a trip to the doctors just to make sure it was not due to something more serious. After using Burts Bees the split healed up in a matter of days and all signs of dryness disappeared. Unfortunately I lost it last weekend and have been with out it for a week and the dryness and peeling came back, luckily it arrived yesterday morning and lips are looking luscious again! It really is a perfect product, I would recommend to anyone, (apart from those that don't like mint).
on 23 January 2012
I bought this item to replace another beeswax-based lipbalm because the availability of the previous one I used is rather poor. I also tried the original blend.

Pros:
+ In comparison to the original Burt's Bees mix, this one feels a little bit better on the lips.

Cons:
- I found that it doesn't last very long on your lips. It begins to feel dry after the initial softness that lasts for maybe five-ish minutes and forms into little clumps on your lips, which easily leads to having to wipe it off and reapply numerous times a day.
- The lipbalm actually feels very waxy. It has beeswax in it, so, right now, you might be thinking "Well, it has beeswax in it, isn't that natural?". In comparison to my previous lipbalm, which consisted mostly of beeswax, this product actually feels rather sticky and, like I already said, dry. The previous product I used never did, it felt moist and at times, you could hardly even tell it was there. (Based on the colour of this lipbalm (nearly white) and texture, as well as the fact that the lipbalm doesn't get any softer even if you keep it in your pocket, I would assume that it's not actually that high in beeswax.)
- It didn't make my lips feel any softer in the long run, even if they might have done so for a while after applying.

+- It is better than a lot of the regular lipbalms you can get, in my opinion, it was actually better than the original kind. The problem is, however, that even then you can do better than this.
+- It smells really sweet. The scent has a hint of honey to it, but either honey smells different in my country, or then this just isn't quite it.

(Please do note that I wrote this review as an inhabitant of an extremely cold country and I tested this product during the winter.)
on 16 June 2010
Having tried tens of diffferent brands, after years of trial and error, this became my preferred lip balm : it has great consistence, beautiful color, delicate & not overwhelming scent... a mixture of pomegrenate and light touch of rosemary, perhaps?
on 13 November 2010
Having read other reviews i thought this was going to be a bit more than an ordinary lipbalm - its very nice and while on your lips it feels nice, but like every other lipbalm i felt that once it wore off my lips were left feeling dry - perhaps a little drier than they did the first time i used!
on 14 July 2010
Now, I consider myself to be somewhat of an authority on lip balms. I became addicted to the stuff at the age of about 12; please don't scoff, lip balm addiction is a Proper Medical Condition. I read it somewhere once - because you're constantly coating your lips with artificial moisture, they begin to crave it and feel dry without it. So after 16 years of devotion, I feel I know a thing or two about a lot of lip balms on the market.

I first came across Burt's Bees when I was on the lookout for a new lip balm after it became nigh-on impossible to find my previous favourite and I was attracted by the bumblebees on the packaging.

This particular flavour in the lip balm range comes in either a little pot or in stick form and I went for the stick as I personally don't like having to apply it with my finger. Although it is a good bit more expensive than the likes of Chap Stick and Vaseline, in my opinion it is well, well worth it. It is a 4.25g stick with twisty bottom and pull-off cap and I've never had any problems with the 'mechanics' of it at all. The packaging is quite distinctive - all yellow, with a honeycomb design and red text, and those eponymous bees of course.

The label claims it is 'Soothing, Cooling, Refreshing' and I have to agree with all three. When you first apply it your lips go all cool and tingly and this is not at all an unpleasant sensation. Neither is the smell. Although it is just called a Beeswax lip balm, the most prominent scent is the peppermint oil. It also contains coconut oil and rosemary extract but I can only really smell these if I put my wine-tasting head on and really concentrate! I can't decide if the best thing about this lip balm is the smell or the texture. Without wanting to sound like Goldilocks, the texture is Just Right for me - if you find Vaseline too thin and greasy and Chap Stick too thick and clumpy then definitely give this a try. It lasts quite a while on your lips, I only ever reapply it a few times a day and I'm an obsessive.

Overall, this is an amazing little lip balm and I would recommend it to anyone!
on 29 December 2012
I have tried a lot of lip balms and butters over the years and always found myself going back to Vaseline because is a workable consistency ad repairs lips overnight. Living on Scotland my lips take a fair beating from the weather. However, after buying this I will never go back to Vaseline. I had grown tired of the smell of Vaseline and having heard good reviews opted for this and I love the scent is pleasant and not too sweet and the balm is as effective as Vaseline for repairing and protecting my lips. I have since bought acai berry,mango and te original and consider them welcome additions. Definitely worth the extra money!!!
on 20 August 2013
I have only tried a couple of Burt's Bees products. Having been told a certain lip product made your lips worse, I jumped onto a recommendation. The first I tried was the Beeswax Lip Balm Tin. It was much thinner than what I was used to, but was contented as it lasted.

This lip balm, I feel, lasts just as long as its sister, and has the added bonus of not needing to smooch the balm out of the tin. It is much creamier in texture, comforting any pain chapped lips may have, and adds a cute little sheen onto the (should-be-with-this-product) kissable lips.

It had, also, lasted me very well, as I only need apply it once a day (if that), to content my lips. I would recommend this brand to anybody!
on 18 October 2011
I love Burt's Bees products and I hadn't found this product in my local health shop. It tastes like a sweet and is a good lip balm. I didn't find it better than the other lip balms of the range, it's just as good and I don't think that the flavours change anything to the quality of the products. I tried the mango lip balm too and it was a good lip balm.
on 2 February 2013
I've been a Burt's Bees lip balm addict for most of 20 years now...I have tended to stick to the original but tried this one for a change and I'm so glad I did!

It smells great and really refreshing, and I feel it conditions lips for a long time without needing re-application. It goes on nicely over a lip stain too.