5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera
This Samsung S1070 is a great little camera for the price. It is easy to use with all the functions you would need. With 10.2 mp and a large view screen makes it easy to edit photo's before you even put them on your computer.
Published on 27 Nov 2008 by Mr. Andrew Hull

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S1070
Samsung S1070 Digital Camera - Silver (10MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7'' LCD

For the good points the camera is good, very clear pictures and easy to use. Easy to edit pictures, lcd is good size. Slim so easy to carry. The price is absolutely a bargain.

Published on 16 Dec 2008 by Sharon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 27 Nov 2008
Mr. Andrew Hull (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung S1070 Digital Camera - Silver (10MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (Electronics)
What I liked about this camera is that the price does not change the quality. Other cheap camera's I have brought for my kids have been useless. With this Samaung, the batteries last a long time, The picture is taken when you push the button and not 30 seconds later like some I could mention. Even the flash is ready straight away too.
This is the perfect point and shoot camera for the price.

I hope this review is of some help to everyone.

Andy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Dec 2008
Reviewer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This camera is a bargain. A reliable company - Samsung- with a camera with good specs of 10mega pixel and 3X optical zoom. The interface is very good and user friendly. It can be kept it auto mode and function very well no matter the environment it is shooting in. However,you can easily tweak the modes yourself for even better shots. The dial on the top keeps in the main modes and the turn of it shows what you select on screen with minimal effort. It doesn't look bad either!!

For 70 this is a bargain, and am well pleased I have one!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy about this camera!, 4 Dec 2008
Mr. Marco Masina "marcouk76" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a new camera to replace a CASIO Exlim which kept on breaking. Unfortunately the last problem I had with it came up a couple of days after the 2 year warranty expired, so it wasn't worth fixing it any longer.

I have been looking at the Canon IXUS 80 for a while but after seeing it "live" at John Lewis I had second thoughts as it looked a bit bulky.

I have then come across this Samsung S1070 but I was wary because of the very few reviews and the very low price (for a 10MP camera) but I took the plunge anyway!

I like the face recognition feature, the very large display and the on-screen function description so that when you select a feature and look at the display it will explain you what the icon does.

What I don't like is the lack of a proper instruction manual (so frequent with electronics items these days); you get a quick start manual which only covers the main functions and a CD based user manual, not very handy to take on holiday with you unless you print all of it on paper.

Another thing that left me a bit baffled is that the camera works with 2 AA batteries (you get 2 Duracel in the box) and therefore cannot recharge the camera but need to buy disposable batteries all the time or rechargeable batteries and charger separately; once again not very convenient if you are trying to save space when going on holiday.

All in all I am very happy with this purchase and I hope that, unlike the CASIO camera, this will last me for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S1070, 2 Dec 2008
T. Parke (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this camera, but was a little unsure what the catch was, as you normally get what you pay for. However, very impressed with the small size and features available. The face recogniser works great and the videocam does the job. Controls are simple and easy to use.
Cant fault it so far, fantastic

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely point, shoot, perfect!, 31 Dec 2008
Ms. V. Page "red dressed" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It was insane how quickly I received this parcel - no less than 7 days earlier than the earliest approximate delivery date!
For the camera itself, I am very pleased - the 10.2 megapixels is definitely worth 60; it looks snazzy, and after you have taken a picture it is incredibly fast at returning to the standby screen. As someone who takes multiple photos at once, this is handy.
Be aware though, it is a little wider than I expected: surrounded by today's wafer-thin cameras, it's hard to see why a camera must still require AA batteries (therefore making it a little bigger) - but for 60 I am not going to complain! Very happy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 7 Dec 2008
A nice little camera. Good picture quality and a few manual controls to give you more control in difficult situations.

Two downers.....a crap manual (it's all on CD), and SAVAGE battery use. I've just ordered some 2850's in the hope they'll give me a bit more time!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S1070, 16 Dec 2008
Samsung S1070 Digital Camera - Silver (10MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7'' LCD

The bad points camera uses AA batteries therefore dont last very long if you take photos frequently. It also dont take cheap batteries only the good quality ones like duracel.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money, 22 Jan 2009
Ms. L. Wharton (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this camera for my boyfriend at Xmas and he is thrilled. He especially loves the way he can shake the camera when taking a photo and still get a perfect image on the screen!!! Given him hours of fun!
The quality of the photos are second to none that I have ever owned and the big screen is especially nice.
My boyfriend will not leave home without it. It is simple to use and he was taking photos within minutes of opening the box.
It does eat batteries, as do all Samsung cameras it seems, but lasts longer with the rechargables.
Would recommend this camera to anyone who is looking for a great little camera at the cheaper end of the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little camera, 26 Dec 2008
A. Sufyan "Ali." (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted to have a smart and handy camera with excellent photo quality and it has all of it its slim smart very easy to use and with excellent quality of photos in all kind of environments.
Just one thing which is little annoying batteries are not rechargeable but overall very good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 11 Jan 2009
Bought this at a great price as a Xmas present for my wife.
Very little shutter delay when taking a shot - not like my previous Olympus digi camera.

I wish it had a viewfinder but a lot of cameras come without them nowadays and that's the only reason I have marked it down.

Very pleased with this and got the 8 gig memory card that was recommended.