on 6 August 2009
Seller sent item promptly however soon found it does not work with my iphone 3gs. Suggest caution when ordering...
on 3 July 2009
This product came the next day which was very fast and the product is good. However I thought i was getting a new one like it said but it was obviously not and the box wasn't for the actual product..
on 5 October 2010
I lost my original charger and bought this "genuine" Apple charger as a replacement.

Firstly, this is not a genuine Apple product.

Secondly, its build quality is horrendous. It makes a strange buzzing sound, I'm waiting for it to explode at any second.

And lastly, when I try to use my iPhone 3Gs while it is plugged in, it becomes unstable (i.e. strange menu jumps and crashes).

I've learnt my lesson and will be going to the Apple store to buy an official charger before this one burns my house down.

Avoid!
66 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2010
This item stopped working after only a few months. The company refused to replace it because they only have a 28 day returns policy.

Surely if this is a "Genuine Apple New iPhone Charger" then it would be covered for a year?

Surprised at Amazon
on 5 August 2010
They sent me the wrong product, which was not genuine, it was burnt when i pluged in to my iphone on the first day, i sent an email to the seller regarding it, they refunded my money back.
on 5 December 2010
sorry but this item is rubbish. it is most certainly not fast and efficient. it takes 3 times as long as the original charger which came with my iphone. ie an hour and a half for a full charge from zero. i thought it must be faulty and was sent another one but it is just as bad.
on 14 May 2010
I bought this because it was advertised as : GENUINE APPLE NEW IPHONE 3G USB MAINS CHARGER - BULK PACK. It has a picture of a plug, so I was expected to get a spare plug and cable. What arrived was an iPhone dock, which wasn't what was advertised, not what I was expecting. I thought, well, if it works that'll be OK. But it doesn't work. It isn't compatible with iPhones. The iPhone just pops back off the dock station and won't quite connect to charge unless you hold it on... not quite practical really.
I have also had no response from the seller about how to return it, nor any apology, and it's still advertised as being an IPHONE 3GS MAINS CHARGER BULK PACK, so all in all I'm not that impressed.

This product is advertised as compatible with iPhone 3GS. well be very wary. It's not! Read other comments too as others have had the same experience. If only I'd read the comments too. I only wanted a spare charger.
on 29 May 2010
Hi, do not buy this product! Is is NOT OFFICIAL apple!! When chraging it makes my phone freeze and slow down. Buy the officail charger from I mac.!!!!
on 24 March 2009
Works perfectly, plugs it in and it charges my Ipod touch 1G - couldn't ask for much more - quick delivery too.
on 27 February 2012
Please do not buy this - it is over priced and not as described 'genuine apple' - find something else...

I hope someone from Amazon reads this as they should remove this item from sale...