4.0 out of 5 stars 60mm Presta Valve Not 54mm As Described
I decided to purchase the Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve inner tube not only for quality and to use as a spare, but because my road bike wheels require at least a 50mm Presta valve due to them having DRC Double Walls.

Published on 20 Jun 2012 by Derek Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Being fair, good seller, bad product.
I bought these for my road bike and whilst I never got a puncture, I did have to replace BOTH of them within a month sadly...

I found the tubes themselves never gave me any problems, I imagine they would be durable and stand up to a fair amount of road work, I just never really got the chance to test them.

The long valve was very weak and burst (is...
Published 15 months ago by Panda.Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 60mm Presta Valve Not 54mm As Described, 20 Jun 2012
Derek Jones (North Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)

The product description indicates that this inner tube has a 54mm Presta valve (which would have been perfect) but in fact the inner tube when it arrived had a 60mm Presta valve. Although the valve is only slightly longer than the 54mm as described, it certainly looks a lot longer than my original inner tubes which have 50mm Presta valves. If I had known that these inner tubes were indeed 60mm, then I would have probably looked elsewhere for a more suitable 50mm replacement.

To avoid confusion to customers, Amazon needs to update the product description to suit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Being fair, good seller, bad product., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)

The long valve was very weak and burst (is ripped a better word?) off both tyres without particular stress during a routine pump. Initially I thought perhaps I had been too enthusiastic but the second time round when the same thing happened again despite being very careful, I was extremely disappointed.

The seller was great though, fast postage and fair packaging. What more could you ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tube., 27 May 2014
E Jones (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
I got this tube as a spare, I have Continental gator hardshell tyres on the bike, so this tube was perfect for what I wanted.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product spot on, Seller not great on customer services!, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
Hi, I bought these purely as they stated in the ad, delivered 3-5 days. I was away from home working and this suited as I would have been in the same place to receive them within the stated delivery time. My job finished and no sign of new tubes. So I went home. I contacted the seller, who told me Royal Mail delivery out of his control and I should go back to where I asked them to be delivered to see if they were there. The fact that where I was working and where I live are 2 different countries and would have meant either a long drive + Ferry ride[return] or a return flight + taxis etc. for 2 x 4 tubes. Anyway don't expect much from this crowd. As for the tubes, I'm sure they would have been just the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
Just what I needed and expected and at a fair price and came through the post within the week. I was pleased because it was a black valve cover and sometimes its a yellow one with continental

5.0 out of 5 stars inner tubes, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
These tubes do exactly as you would expect them to.
For the price you pay they are an excellent buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars They came without a box, 28 Feb 2014
J. Hunter (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
Ordered 2 as spare tubes - cheap and a respectable brand. Arrived well within expected tiem but they didn't come in a box so they could be anything. Nothing on the order page (as far as I can see) that told me they would arrive like this. Disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have been using the tubes from last season and still going strong, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
The tubes are of good quality and I have been using one of the 2 since last season and is still going strong. Definitely would review this order when I need some more in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars burst, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
Fitted these inner tubes an within 15 minutes of my first ride with them had a blow out. Nothing in the tire at all after checking it just burst.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt come in original boxes, 30 Aug 2013
Peter Davis (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Continental R28 700 x 18 - 25C Presta Long Valve (Sports)
They look OK and haven't had a chance to use yet but the fact that they didnt come in Original boxes makes me concerned taht they may be fakes?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›