5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!
Published on 25 Jan 2011 by kt1982

3.0 out of 5 stars RUSSELL
YEP IT IS WHAT IT SAYS IT IS...I ONLY BOUGHT IT AS A GIFT GAP FOR THE MISSUS AT CHRISTMAS
Published 10 months ago by thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great selection of Russell Brand's DVDs, I bought it as I'd seen Ponderland on the TV and I loved it, so I had high expectations for his stand up. The 2 live DVDs didn't let me down. Non-stop laughing at a great mix of surrealism and observational comedy. His stand up is fantastic, I'd really recommend this DVD along with his follow up DVD Scandalous. Not a comedian for the feint hearted though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really fair!, 2 Sep 2009
N. T. Mcgowan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
The other review left on this product doesn't reflect the product itself... Only that that person is uneducated on how DVD players work!
This is a fantastic product, showing just how good old Russ' actually is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Present! Hilarious!, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my boyfriend and he loved it! It's a great set from a very funny man!

Perfect gift!

3.0 out of 5 stars RUSSELL, 23 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
Fast, very good professional service, what you order is what you get, a hassle free purchase from start to finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
I am a fan of Russel Brand despite those around me who don't approve of his humour. I find his humour can be very crude and shocking at times, but that's what I love about him. I think Ponderland was just the funniest thing ever; it was a good and original idea for a series that exposed the strange works of humankind through old videos from the 60s/70s. I have yet to watch his other Live DVDs, but I'm looking forward to it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about., 25 Feb 2009
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
I received this box set as a present, I was not really a fan of Russell Brand but I had seen Ponderland on its original TV run and found it entertaining viewing. This 3 DVD set includes all six episodes of the aforementioned Ponderland and two live concerts from 2006 and 2007. These concerts are only slightly over an hour each, so it's not great value. OK, so there are a few token extras, but nothing of note.

As for the shows themselves, I was disappointed. They had no structure, no theme, no real jokes, just Russell talking about himself for an hour. In both shows there was a section where Russell read from the day's newspaper and commented on the stories, which shows just how stuck for material he was. The 2007 show was the better of the two, but not by much. There were a few funny moments, but basically he just relied on his manic energy and personality to do the work in lieu of material. The bits were often repetitive and relied on Russell's small repertoire of funny accents. The 2007 show also used a fair bit of material later recycled in Ponderland.

Had I bought this set myself, I would feel somewhat cheated by the fact that the two live performances could have easily gone onto one disc. It's just repackaged overstock, really. Ponderland at least had themed programs and evidence of research and pre-planning. It's worth a watch, but I wouldn't recommend the live sets: all preening and posturing and no substance whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 17 Feb 2010
S. Perkins "Sharon booklover" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say you either love him or hate him. I love him

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch entertainment, 10 Jan 2010
Graham Williams (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
Russell is a lot more hit than miss, his live shows are excellent - I have all of them now. Ponderland can make me snort with laughter and very few programmes have made me laugh half as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Aug 2010
This review is from: Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] (DVD)
Great box set, very funny. Much of the footage will have been seen previously on TV on a number of occasions by really keen Russell Brand fans.

Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD]
Russell Brand: Menage A Trois [DVD] by Russell Brand (DVD - 2008)
7.00