5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for money
I Bought this printer just over a week ago, and it only took about 10 minutes to set up, which included installing all the software then connecting to the Wireless router using the software supplied on the installation CD.

Published on 4 Oct 2008 by G. M. Gill

1.0 out of 5 stars Finicky cartridge-eater and prone to failure
Published on 25 May 2009 by Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for money, 4 Oct 2008
G. M. Gill "Geoff" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson Stylus SX600FW All-in-One Printer with Fax and WiFi (Electronics)

The only problem I found was, in order to set up the wireless connection, you first had to connect the printer to the computer using the supplied Network Cable as your computer needs to send information regarding your wireless network setup to the printer to allow it to connect.. However, once this is done and the settings have been sent, you can disconnect this lead and set up the wireless connection using your WPA or WEP code to make it secure (Just remember that WEP codes are case sensitive).

Once up and running the print quality is excellent with pure pages of text coming through at remarkable speed, the photo quality is OK but not fantastic, so if you are after it for photographic quality prints I would look at a higher model in the range which come with 6 inks rather than 4..

Personally I bought it for the WIFI which is an excellent addition to the Epson range allowing me to connect this printer to all the machines in my business... the scanning / faxing facilities are both excellent as well as the Copying facilities for both Black and white, and colour. I did tests on the colour copying which showed little or no difference from the original copy, and only took about 20 seconds for an A4 sheet of colour images and text. The on screen interface is also quite easy to use once you get used to which features are under which heading

All in all I would say it an excellent little all in one printer with the added bonus of WIFI at a very good price, I bought a DX9400F for a client less than 3 months ago which was more expensive, and this printer has the same features plus WIFI for at least £30-40 less... Excellent Value...

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent printer with bonus WiFI, 23 Dec 2008
I was looking for a cheap wireless printer for home use only (occasional letters, printing online statements, kids' project work etc)and this printer serves my needs adequately. The photo print quality is not brilliant but I do not plan to use that extensively. Copying and scanning are acceptable. Have not used the fax mode. LCD screen is quite user friendly. My main worry was seting up the wireless and I did that (Vista Home Premium, Sky Sagem Router) without any major problem from the CD and range is very good. Just take care not to connect the printer till all the drivers are installed and you are told to do so. As mentioned you'd need the Ethernet cable for the first time but not afterwards anymore. Also make sure that during the intial network setup the wireless LAN in the Printer Panel is disabled. Also I realised my cordless phone was interfering with the WiFi. I have looked in E-bay and compatible cartridges are not that expensive. Would have given 5 stars if the prints/copies were crisper but perfectly acceptable for home user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer!!, 22 Oct 2008
I bought this for £95 delivered from somewhere else but it's a great printer (so far!!). The quality is excellent, it's fast and quiet and was relatively easy to set up. Took a bit of experimentation as we have an Orange Livebox so I had to press a button on there in order for the printer to communicate with the computer but once I had figured that out it was perfect!! Great to have the printer upstairs and be able to print to it anywhere in the house. Not sure if we'll ever use the fax option but nice to have it anyway. And the sheet-feeder for the photocopier is cool.

Also, the screen on the printer is good, easy to navigate and clear. The memory card reader can be used so that all computers within the wireless network can access the contents. A good feature I think and you can select read-only if you like so that your piccys don't get deleted.

A great price and so far we're really pleased with it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 20 Dec 2008
Under £100 for a smart looking nifty multi function device! Can't go wrong. The first one delivered from Amazon had a paper jam error during set up. No paper stuck in the machine... I literally just took it out of the box. I read on a previous review that another customer had the same issue, so I wasted no time messing about and just asked Amazon for a return. Within 48hrs...yes 48hrs, a replacement had arrived and was straight forward to set up.

I managed to set up the printer as a wireless printer but had not tried to print wirelessly yet. Fairly stright forward I would say to set up. Believe it or not, this is a replacement for my HP IIIP which I have had now 16 years [and still works]. I just like the fact that it is fairly small, lightweight, looks funky in black and can print, copy, fax [not tried that yet] and scan. I love the scan facility [remember to install Epson scan sw]. I am busy away scanning my old photo's so I can keep a copy digitally. I use the home mode on the Epson scan program and it scans a photo in around 8 seconds straight from machine to PC.

Another function I really like is that it can print double sided. Say you have a 48 page document to print. Once set to print two sided, it will print pages 1,3,5,7,9 etc... and then you feed the paper back in and prints on the back pages 2,4,6,8... you get the picture.

Only downside is that it is quite noisy when it starts to printi.e. has a loud jerk which can make you jump :-). Only had it now 3 days so I am sure there is more to discover...so far so good..

Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Finicky cartridge-eater and prone to failure, 25 May 2009
DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER! I bought this printer to combine functions. The FIRST time I replaced the black cartridge, it stopped printing in black. I ran head cleaning commands, nozzle checks, but nothing. It then demanded that I replace successively, the blue, then the red, then the yellow cartridge. Each time it required a new cartridge, IT STOPPED PRINTING ANYTHING! It would not print in an alternate colour, it simply shut down--completely downing your day's work. Cartridges replaced, it still would no longer print in black (a basic requirement, no?). So it worked for only a few weeks. The web is full of 'fixes' for Epsom all-in-one printers, so that should tell you the story! There are suggestions like dropping alcohol on the ink pad or the nozzle, running repeated head cleaning commands, etc., but none of these worked for me. I am left with a posh 'printer' which no longer prints in black, though it blindly follows 'Print' commands and runs paper through its rollers, giving you blank pages. So now I have a very large scanner on my desk--it will neither print in black nor copy in black. This is a completely WORTHLESS bit of rubbish. Buy another make. Good luck. Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 2 Feb 2009
C. Archer (cornwall) - See all my reviews
We bought this printer as we really wanted a fax machine!
Wi-fi is easy to set up and works quickly.The print quality is up to the usual Epson standard and its very easy to use and set up. i've read reviews saying this machine is noisy but i have to disagree - its virtually silent! The copying facility is easy too.
all in all a great machine for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good WiFi printer., 17 Feb 2009
C. Mayhew (UK) - See all my reviews
This is my second WiFi printer now, I had a lexmark one that was super expensive to run and annoying to setup.

This one has cheap ink, loads of features and very easy to setup on the WiFi.

I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent budget all-in-one, 9 Dec 2008
S. Collett - See all my reviews
Picked one of these up from PC world for £99, as I needed a scanner/printer which could be used by any PC on my network. Works like a charm. I have mine connected via ethernet to my home network, but the machine also supports wireless if you prefer. Scanning is excellent, supporting scanning to PDF and JPEG files, and the print output is very good. Print speed is super-quick compared to my old epson stylus.
The document feeder is very convenient for scanning, as you don`t need to lift the lid to place a document inside, which speeds up the scanning process significantly.
I have not yet printed any colour photo`s, but I would expect the quality to be only average as this printer only uses 4 inks. If high quality photo printing is essential, then you may be better off getting a 6 ink model.
At this price, its a bargain. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars JH, 1 Feb 2009
Very good specification. Although quite large the unit is stylish and well designed. Been black it blends into the home much better than a white or grey printer. Print quality, noise and speed are very good. Wireless set up for me was not simple, but I am no expert on such installations. The wireless capability is good. I did quite a bit of research before buying this printer and having used HP printers for years I am pleased with my change to Epson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace, 7 Feb 2009
Manuela B. Joynes "jewelsy" (England) - See all my reviews
I'm so happy I bought this. I followed the instructions and wehey! even got it working on wireless. Wonderful picture prints. Easy enough to change cartridges. It was good value for money.