Style Name: Silver-90watts|Change

on 16 August 2011
There are loads of good points to this machine. It's fantastically easy to clean with just 3 parts that you can just throw in the dishwasher. Being made of glass is great as it doesn't take on flavours, lasts longer than plastic and you don't have to worry about toxic substances from the plastic leaching into your food (ideal for making baby food). It makes short work of an onion and is fantastic for finely cutting up onion, celery, carrot together as the basis of ragouts and soups.
The main downside, and this has been a real problem for me, is that you need to be chopping the 'right' quantity for it to work. Stragely it does cut a single onion, but anything else in such a small quantity it just won't touch. The blades wizz around a few millimeters above the food or just spin it to the outsides of the bowl and then don't touch it. For making baby food this is a real pain. I wish it would deal with just one apple without me having to cook 6 or 7. Quite often I find myself making 2 or 3 times the quantity I want and not having enough pots to freeze it in.
Having said that, if you do fill it up to the 'max' mark it does a fantastic job and I do use it most days for something.
This definitely won't replace a full sized food processor as it's function is pretty specific, and annoyingly, I'm now also looking around for something else that will let me process smaller quantities. However, it looks good and does get a lot of use so I'm reasonably pleased with it. Check the size out because it's a lot larger than it looks.
22 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2009
Hi, I bought this item over a year ago and have been using it almost everyday in my kitchen. It's made my life so easy because you can chop almost everything with it also use it to mix things and even chopping frozen stuff!! I have recommended it to many friends and also gave a couple as a present and they all loved it. The best thing is that chopping onions are no more a pain if you have one of these in your kitchen. you can use it instead of a grater to do your carrots, cheese .... you just name it!!! It has a glass bowl which is very easy to clean and has a very simple and easy opperational system.
Everyone who cooks should have one of these in her/his kitchen.
22 comments|200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2009
A sturdy product found it does what it said though find blades a little short hence need to keep stopping and push food nearer blades. But well worth the money .Russell Hobbs 14568 Mini Food Processor with Glass Chopping Bowl
on 16 April 2010
Mine lasted approx 4 weeks. It was OK until I tried chopping some chocolate at room temperature, this snapped the drive shaft in two = useless
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2009
this is a really excellent little gadget. it chops onion brilliantly (i hate doing this job by hand).easy to use ,clean and store. instructions are simple and easy to follow.
on 17 December 2012
Such a shame - great sized glass bowl and good chopping blade, just such a shame the drive shaft is made of plastic instead of metal like my old Kenwood. It sheered off after trying to chop up dried bread for bread crumbs! A waste of resources now as you cant buy a spare bit - so motor and all to the tip. Tut Tut Russell Hobbs.
on 22 November 2009
The Russell Hobbs Mini processor is great. I use it everyday. Its great for chopping onions (no more runny eyes)and just about every other vegetable. I have a disabled baby who needs his formulas blended before he can eat and it is ideal for that. I would thoroughly recommend this product
on 22 February 2010
I DO NOT KNOW HOW I HAVE MANAGED WITHOUT THIS SUPER LITTLE GADGET. IT CHOPS,BLENDS,MAKES BREADCRUMBS ETC ETC.NOT TOO BIG EITHER AND VERY WELL MADE.BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!
on 15 February 2011
I was very pleased with it at first. It looks good (nice heavy glass bowl and stainless steel top), it's easy to use and clean. But...after few uses the blade stopped turning. I wasted my money.
on 3 December 2009
Very useful gaget and easy to use, good size, I prefer the glass to plastic, robust and easy to clean. Use it most days.