on 15 March 2009
My daughter got this game for her 4th birthday - she already has the Purple Planet (very good) and saves the mermaids (disappointing). This game is better than the last offering, saves the mermaids, but I still think Purple Planet is better.

Snow Princess does add some new features (Dora goes into caves, climbs ladders and trees) but the gameplay is very similar to the two previous games. My 4 year old is still enjoying it, and I would recommend this game for Dora fans aged 3-5 years.
on 20 May 2009
I was looking for a PS2 game for my daughter's third birthday. To be honest I bought this just on the off-chance that it might be okay. Having tried several other games that are labeled as 3+ games and found them far too difficult, this has proved to be a real gem.

The game mostly uses left, right and X, which means that small children only have a few commands to remember. It also shows you in the bottom corner of the screen what to do with the analogue sticks, for example rotate it round and round to raise the flag, which I thought was an excellent idea and also when to press the X button. Dora also tells you what to do. Another beautiful touch is watching Dora skate, especially when you turn her around on the ice or in mid air with her skates on.

My daughter loves this game and has asked to go on it every day since! My son who is five and a half even quite enjoys this game, even if it is a "girls game"!
As a parent the music can be a little nauseating but you can turn it down and generally the game is easy enough that I don't have to sit and help at every moment, if at all.

There is also the option to plug in a second controller so that two children can race each other on skies, flying horses, boats or husky drawn sledges etc. Player one is Dora and player two is Boots.The idea is to collect as many tokens on the way as possible, with both players being awarded a bronze, silver or gold medal at the end.

I would not recommend this to confident gamers as it is likely to be slow and easy, however ideal for those who are looking for a first or second game for small children on the Playstation.
I've been so impressed I've just got the Diego version although we've not tried this one out yet!
on 28 December 2014
Arrived promptly and well packaged. clear instructions that 4 year old could follow easily, and is an excellent tool for young children to learn use of play station controls with. The story line kept her engrossed for far longer than anticipated
on 11 November 2011
Very nice to play although after a few games, my child got a bit board, becuase I imagine once she learned the tricks she did not find it challenging anymore.
on 1 October 2014
My little girl loves this game. It was delivered quickly and in good condition. I would highly recommend this product.