5.0 out of 5 stars Where do I begin? :)
I have listened to this CD over and over again...Idina Menzel has such an amazing voice and vocal range and the whole album really shows this. I waited for this album to come out in the UK for soooo long! I saw her perform in the I Stand tour in Florida, where she sang her heart out, and she was absolutely fantastic, and the album reflects that.
My favourite songs...
Published on 23 Feb 2009 by A Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it could be
Bit disappointed at first with this CD, loving Idina Menzel in frozen, wicked and Glee, i was expecting maybe too much from this album. Its OK, but i think a criteria of this album is that you have to like retro Celine Dion to like this style of album
Published 6 months ago by Justme

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
One of my favourite albums of all time and you have made it so easy and cheap to purchase at such a god quality thank you. woulld reccomened to friends and hopefully buy from these sellers again

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Album from an Excellent Singer, 27 Jan 2014
Mark Syder (Prescot, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
As a lover of Rock music I enjoy hearing a good female singer belting out power songs like the ones on this album. It's always a good sign when some songs stand out from the first listen. In this album's case they are I Stand, Gorgeous, Don't Let Me Down, and My Own Worst Enemy.

The CD contains a booklet with the lyrics in it, but you don't really need it - possibly because of Idina's background in musical theatre, where the audience needs to hear every word to follow the story, you can hear every word Idina sings perfectly clearly, no matter how hard she's belting out the vocals.

My CD (which does not have the bonus tracks others refer to) is only 38 minutes and 35 seconds long, but with music of this quality even that doesn't merit the deduction of a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Stand right by this album, 16 Jan 2014
Graeme A. G. Scott (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
Often when a Broadway star attempts to break out of the genre that has made them famous the results can be less than successful but that is far from the case here. That Idina can sing is beyond doubt however what stands out here is not only that glorious instrument but also the quality of her writing. The songs, co written with Glen Ballard, leap out of the speakers full of ideas and hooks that draw you back to them time and again. I'm particularly drawn to Gorgeous and Brave along with the title track. Yes the album does include the signature song, Defying Gravity from Wicked, a show I really enjoyed but for me it could have been left off. It's a great song but has been attached here purely as a marketing tool. I can understand why that was done but with such strong original material it was just not needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it could be, 7 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Fantastic singer!, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
Those of you who know 'Wicked' the musical will know Idina as one of the lead characters. With an outstanding voice from the west end comes this fantastic song. Idina has such an amazing voice which never fails to entertain. Even if you don't Know 'Wicked' or haven't heard of Idina before - I would recommend you start to listen to her, as I'm sure you will love her as much as everyone else. Highly recommended artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab CD, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
Bought this CD after really liking Idina's voice as Elphaba in Wicked and there are some really great songs in this collection, I think there is only one track I didn't like and keep replaying. Great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
Bought this after hearing hearing just one song. Great talent. Buy it if you appreciate hearing a quality voice and real music.

2.0 out of 5 stars Idina Menzel, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
I've found this a disappointment after listening to her latest album - Bare Foot At the Symphony
Realise this is an earlier album it shows how far she has developed recently

5.0 out of 5 stars Great singer, 16 July 2012
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
I love the compilation of sounds of this record and the voice of Idina Menzel. I am a fan of musicals and therefore enjoyed every song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning!, 18 Mar 2012
Mrs. J. Harvey (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Stand (Audio CD)
I LOVE this album! Idina has a wonderful voice and I adore her in Wicked which is where I was inrtroduced to her vocals. Some of the songs even bring a tear to my eye as the words and the emotion she conveys are simply stunning. Plus I like the fact she writes most of her own material. highly recommended for anyone who likes to hear proper singing!

I Stand
I Stand by Idina Menzel (Audio CD - 2008)