5.0 out of 5 stars Rhys Darby!!!
Basically, if you've only seen him in Flight of the Conchords you haven't seen anything yet. Even if you haven't seen Flight of the Conchords it doesn't matter, he is the best physical comedian I have seen in years! I haven't laughed so much in ages! I had to pause it to breath!
Published on 4 Dec 2008 by D. Schmitt

3.0 out of 5 stars A very funny man
I bought this because I'm a big fan of flight of the conchords and I was curious to see what Rhys stand up comedy was like and all in all I was rather impressed
Published 2 months ago by Joseph Petcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhys Darby!!!, 4 Dec 2008
D. Schmitt (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and fun but still intelligent and finely crafted, 24 Jan 2011
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
i would imagine most people not from New Zealand interested in this release will be big FOTC fans like myself. I was not dissapointed by this energetic comedy performance.

Whilst his stand-up style is not exactly cutting-edge cool (most of it is extremely silly and includes alot of physical comedy and self-generated sound effects) i enjoyed his show immensely.

Rhys has an infectious enthusiasm and confident stage presence that really draws you in and doesn't let go, in fact I haven't laughed this hard at a comedy DVD in ages.

I would call his comedy style `off-beat' much like his great character Murray in FOTC. He had me laughing often and in unexpected places which gave this release a fresh and unusual (compared to UK and American comedians) feel which is rare in the oversaturated world of comedy.

One of the best extras on the disk is an interview with Rhys where he substitutes the usual kind of questions with some he previously scribbled on a bit of crumpled paper. Comedy gold ensues (honestly, i was wetting myself!).

ignore the haters - if you are after something light and fun but still intelligent and finely crafted this is for you. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars The new King of physical comedy - Rhys Darby!, 17 Feb 2009
V. Shursky (Boston, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I went to see Rhys Darby live in the US, and went out of my way to order the dvd for myself and two of my friends. His is fantastic talent, extremely funny, and clearly has great future ahead of him. Highly recommend this dvd!

3.0 out of 5 stars A very funny man, 18 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhys Darby, Imagine That., 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Rhys Darby is a breath of fresh air, with his surreal sense of humour, Alhough the humour is not necessarily suitable for young children as some of it is a bit adult. Rhys Darby, however manages to retain an element of innocence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Was not sure to buy the DVD seing some reviews but was not dissapointed.
Very funny and good sound effects by Mr Darby.

5.0 out of 5 stars U.S. Release, 4 Sep 2010
K. McCarthy (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I just saw this special on Comedy Central and I'd love to be able to watch it again. Rhys Darby is such an endearing comedian. He's not afraid to poke fun at himself and to stray into absurd situational comedy. I love his characters in Flight of the Conchords and Yes Man, and for me, his on-stage persona did not dissappoint.

Unfortunately, as I'm in the U.S. I can't watch this format on my DVD player, so bring on the Region 1 release!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!! Loved It!!, 19 Mar 2010
Lydia Clare (Winsford England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This is one of the most hilarious stand up shows you will ever see!!
Darby has an ease and fluidity in his performance and it doesn't feel rehearsed like some comics i.e Lee Mack, Shappi Khorsandi.
His sound effects are fantasic my favourite being his wonderful impression of Cloverfield!
This is no immitation of Flight Of The Conchords or any other comedy. Darby is wonderful in this dvd and whether you know about F.O.T.C or not it is just a fantastic introduction to the wonderful imaginitive world of Mr. Rhys Darby.
Also Love The Hair. . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars imagine that, 11 Jan 2010
F. Bianco "mena 1980" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
great stocking filler for my husband who had seen him live - excellent helicopter impersonation!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 29 Sep 2009
This review is from: Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Although it took a bit to be able to view this DVD,(dummy me did not know a dvd purchased in UK doesn't play on American players!)it was worth the trouble. Rhys Darby is funny and creative. I wish this his comedy was more readibly available in the US.

Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008]
Rhys Darby - Live [DVD] [2008] by Rhys Darby (DVD - 2008)
17.50