4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection for my Oregon 400T
This case is a perfect protection for my Garmin. We used it during the holliday in Italy and it was a perfect way to store during the journey, but also while we were caching off road. The hard case is a perfect protection.
The only minor thing is that it is impossible to set te band around the case looser or thightner.
Published on 9 July 2009 by Reny

1.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no cigar
This looked like a decent upgrade to the slip case that I was using, as it would offer protection for the screen of the unit, so I was pleased to find it in stock on Amazon.

Published on 13 Jan. 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no cigar, 13 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)

However, it was a huge dissapointment. Firstly, the case itself was huge- a very poor fit, looks like it was made for a much larger unit. I checked the packaging, and it did say that it was designed for the Oregon and Colorado series, but really, about 1/3 of the internal length is wasted. I'd rather it actually could fit the unit properly.

Second and most major problem is the way that the unit attatches to the case. It slips into a plastic clip exactly like the one attatched to the caribiner that comes with the unit- this is a good start. The clip is attatched to a nylon strap, hanging from the top of the case- still so far so good. However, the strap also attatches to the inside of the case (do keep up at the back) with velcro. This would be absolutely fine, if the lining of the case, which is cheap, thin material, was properly attatched to the hard shell. In my case, no, it wasn't. Thus it left unit flapping around poorly anchored inside the too big case. This was hardly reassuring.

Maybe it was because my case had a manufacturing defect, and maybe was the wrong model.. but if I attatched the unit to a belt or similar, you could hear the unit flapping about inside, banging into the shell in an irritating manner. The loose internal fabric also felt like it would start to tear after removing the GPS a few times to change batteries. As you only get about sixteen hours or so with 2700 mAh recharables, you have to do this more often than you'd imagine.

I really hope my crappy experience was an isolated one, as this is clearly a case of epic fail. It's getting returned. End of whinge!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big, 20 Mar. 2010
Stephen J. Oneil "sl10ch" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
Like some other reviewers, I was surprised to find how big this case is - HUGE and no reason for it as the Oregon is swamped by it. having said that, the Oregon fits in very easily and the clip makes it very stable. From the outside, the case looks to be of very high quality but I fear it could be crushed very easily. The two halves are only held together by a strip of webbing and consequently do not snap together very well - in truth the two halves have to be manipulated at the edges to get a snug fit. Overall, it is OK but a Lowe camera case such as the Apex 20AW would do a better job at a lower price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect protection for my Oregon 400T, 9 July 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Protect Your Oregon, 18 Oct. 2009
Mike Nelson "IM35461" (East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Before my Oregon I also had the Colorado with its case code 010-10850-10

The new case is a 010-10850-20

This case is the same external size as the earlier case but features a clip arrangment in the opening lid that the rear of the Oregon or Colorado can slide into.

If the case is on your belt and is open the lid hinges down to 90 degrees so the face of your GPS is pointing up enabling you to see the display.

It is of course designed so the GPS cannot fall out of the case.

So for an Oregon or Colorado model this is the case to go for, the 010-10850-20.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Hard Case, 15 Sept. 2009
squirrel (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
Very useful case that gives your very expensive GPS some well-deserved protection. Attachment clip is slightly tricky to use at first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, a little large, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
The case is a little large for my Oregon 450 but holds it in place securely with the connecting clip and velcro. I am sure that they could have come up with a neater design and it is pricey for what it is. Other disadvantage is that the connecting method means that it has to be undone to take the back of the Oregon to change the batteries. Good but only 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good shield to protect your investment, 15 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
This hard carrying case is excellent. It really protects my Oregon 550t. Even inside of case, my GPS stills works very well without loss of signal. If you make long walks in wild nature I recommend it to protect your investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects my Garmin and is convenient to use, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
I used it today on a walk for the first time and found it very convenient to be able to attach the case to my rucksack with the karabiner and use the Garmin (Oregon 600) while still securely fastened in the case.
Not given 5 stars because it can be a bit awkward to close properly; the case isn't as robust as it could be and I doubt it would protect the Garmin if I fell heavily on it; and I suspect that it won't keep rain out (although as the Garmin is weatherproof this may not really matter).

5.0 out of 5 stars Oversize, but.., 2 Jun. 2013
Courtmac View (West Cork,Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
Have to agree with previous comments that the case is "large," but having said that after use I am happy with it. The unit is held firmly in place in one half of the case by Velcro thus making it easy to remove for a "better look."
The case itself is stout giving great protection for the unit but still has to be deemed as stout.
Delighted with this slightly bulky case but it does protect the unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon, 30 July 2010
Mr. T. D. Mcrae (Hampshire,England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon (Electronics)
Good protection for your GPS.Unit clips and velcros into case so won't fall out when opening.Well made,but I found it gapped slightly in the middle when closed so I added a stretch tent peg ring to slide over the centre(this actually looked part of the case and not a bodge).If you've shelled out for the GPS it's worth protecting it and this will certainly do the job.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›