Format: DVD|Change

on 7 July 2011
I love these films and they are both very good in my opinion.

I used to like Sister Act 2 more than S.A 1 when I was younger ... for obvious reasons, but now that I am older I like Sister Act 1 more than S.A 2.

Either way I love these movies and the music.

They are funny and light and the first film is for mature audiences more so than the second (gangsters etc.).

Whoopi is great and the nuns are funny yet real.

Love these films - A MUST BUY!

NOTE: The DVDs come with no special features which is a shame. Well, there is a muscic video/remix thing but is rubbish.
on 5 May 2013
These films make for a great and entertaining watch.

Sister Act:

Whoopi Goldberg gives an excellent performance, along with Dame Maggie Smith. Whoopi's character goes in to hiding because she has witnessed her ex-boyfriend perform a crime, which he isn't happy about.

Sister Act 2:

If you are a fan of 'Glee' then you may enjoy this sequel to 'Sister Act'. More songs and nuns, all whilst Whoopi's character tries to control a group of wayward teenagers. Show choirs and Maggie Smith are all present.
on 20 May 2014
Love these films
Old ones are always the best
Really funny films with Whoopi Goldberg
Still prefer number 1 but 2 is funny too
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 February 2014
I remember popping into my parents house a few years back and Sister Act 2 was playing on the TV (BBCOne i think) and I just fell in love with the movie. I bought this box set only for the 2nd film (I have never watched the first). But I enjoy and love the 2nd so much the price is worth it for the 2nd film alone.

As for the music in the 2nd film. I don't know about anyone else. But I can't help to burst into song each and every time I watch it :)
on 5 February 2013
I saw this movie quite a few years back when I was a kid and loved it, now i'm a bit older I watched it again well both movies back to back and I loved them still. They have an enjoyable uplifting vibe to them and are a great watch for all ages with some laughs here and there. if anyone is having doubts over whether to buy this movie don't because you can't not love this movie, even the most serious person will enjoy it.
on 12 May 2013
Bought the double DVD containing both Sister Act 1 and 2 so my kids could see them, and I'm SOOO glad I did. Whoopi is always good value, and she doesn't disappoint in either of these movies. My kids (daughter aged 16 and son aged 11) LOVED both films, and they've already asked if we can see them again. Great value for a family movie night - put the popcorn in the microwave, sit back and enjoy the show :-)
on 7 June 2014
It is great to see this movie again. Totally enjoying to watch. I would recommend to anyone who love music.
on 22 March 2012
This has always been a favourite of mine so when my vhs copy broke I was glad I could get it on dvd.
These films are must see for anyone who loves musicals its definatly a classic.
The only bad thing is once you've watched it the songs get stuck in your head and you will find yourself singing them, not bad for you but bad for others depending on you singing ability lol
on 14 March 2013
Although seen many times on TV these movies are great to have in your collection as they are to be watched over and over again and have such a 'feel good' factor. The music is superb, the storylines convincing and the acting excellent. I have enjoyed them so many times and I'm sure will do so again in the not too distant future - the Sisters characters are so touching.
on 5 December 2013
Not actually seen on recent purchase of 2 DVD's as one was a xmas gift for a friend and the other myself to add to my collection. But both films are quite hilarious. in my opinion sister act is better than sister act 2 However I do have to slightly agree with a previous review that the story line is so similar in both. I would still say go for it and value for money