5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sensetivity and accuracy!
Delivered the next day. (Thanks Amazon)
Tested this great product in:
Il-2 - WW2 flying simulator.
Flanker - Modern flying simulator.
Storm Echelon - Futuristic simulator.

Overall Thrustmaster again left me with lots of positive feeling about this brand.
This product is really good quality and priced well.

Three down points...
Published on 8 July 2009 by I. Gordeyev

3.0 out of 5 stars STICK GREAT - SHAME ABOUT THE REST
First of all I should say that the Flight-Stick element of this product is Excellent, Very Sensitive and alterable to your hand-Style - Giving a really Lovely feel to your Aviation manouvering. (the only problem here is the BRIGHT GREEN LIGHT around its base which lights up each time you move the flight stick, ENTIRELY POINTLESS, and if you like to fly in a Dimly lit...
Published 3 months ago by Zetetick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Joystick, 23 Sep 2009
Simon Brown (Doncaster, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
Good solid joystick this, smooth, precise, comfortable, nicely weighted base and it feels well put together. The only thing worth mentioning is the buttons don't really have a nice feel and sound to them, a bit clunky, and the 12 buttons on the base are a bit hard to find without looking down at the stick since they're all in a block rather than seperate. Apart from that though it's a solid joystick with no flaws. Whether it's any better than the other cheaper sticks, without owning them all I couldn't say.

Last thing to mention, you can switch it to left handed mode by swapping a few plastic bits over (2 minute job with a screwdriver) and flicking a switch underneath. Pretty neat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sensetivity and accuracy!, 8 July 2009
I. Gordeyev (UK, Birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
Delivered the next day. (Thanks Amazon)
Tested this great product in:
Il-2 - WW2 flying simulator.
Flanker - Modern flying simulator.
Storm Echelon - Futuristic simulator.

This product is really good quality and priced well.

Three down points to this joystick:
1. Handle was little longer than usual (but you do get use to it)
2. I am (as a right handed person) prefer throttle on the left.
3. Resistance is not adjustable

Plug & Play, didn't had to change anything in games (Flanker did not pick up throttle).

Accuracy is amazing, Very sensitive but not "jumpy".
Also I think they increased Z-axe a little, gives much more control if you don't have pedals.

I recommend this to all V-pilots.
Wish you equal numbers of take-offs and landing all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome joystick, 22 Nov 2012
J. Eyton Cole (I don't know) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
This stick is a very nice one, and excellent for the price. I will keep this review straight to the point.
I bought the T.16000M as a replacement for my 5 year old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which had finally given in. RIP.

Delivery was prompt and on time! The box itself looks very nice and the contents are simple, opening it and retrieving your product is no hassle at all.
Because of having the Extreme 3D Pro for such a long time, I felt that it was time to buy something different. Being used to the old stick then, I cannot help but be a little biased: the control, I find, with this stick is quite a bit more sensitive than I was used to before. It means that movement requires little effort from the very start of a motion, and the resistance increase as the stick is pulled or pushed farther from the centre is very negligible (there is a tiny bit, so it's not that there's simply none at all.) Aside from this one gripe, the stick is very enjoyable and a good purchase. I will list the + and - now.

Pros:
- Good weight.
- Good features, enough buttons for a relatively simple experience, and well placed buttons too.
- Ambidextrous support (great stick for left handed people! - perhaps one of the only ones on the market for the price, I may be wrong though)
- Nice buttons too, good soft click.
- No play or deadzone.
- Plug and play, and has worked with all games I have tested so far. Worked flawlessly with the very old European Air War and works with Battlefield 3 straight out of the box!
- Again, a very unproblematic stick - to have worked with BF3 first time is quite impressive.
- Light at base tells when there is input. Could be a good diagnostic if trouble occurs.
- Nice looking piece of equipment.
- Very comfortable.
- Low resistance is actually realistic in some senses: it emulates some real life aircraft controls.
- No background software required, which I like.

Cons:
- One issue I have had is that (due to the very sensitive movement i.e. little resistance) my wrist started to hurt after a little use at the start. Being used to the Logitech I had before which was much harder to move, my wrist began to hurt when I first started using this. the remedy to this is to adapt the way you grip it, so you put less pressure on it. It's fine now, but just be warned.
- There is a tiny tiny bit of play in the trigger, meaning that one must compress it about .5cm before it is in a position to click. This hasn't actually caused any problems I just thought I'd point it out.

there may be other cons but fact is, so many pros come to mind that I was finding it hard to stop listing them. This is a really good stick, especially as a first purchase. And for the price the quality and deal overall is great.

I would also like to debunk one thing. Some people have claimed that the throttle slider is positioned badly as you cannot touch the buttons that well if your hand is on the slider, and it requires effort to transition.
My response is this: keep your THUMB on the slider and your fingers on the buttons. Comfortable and practical. There is no problem with the slider's positioning.
There is one more thing, again relating to the buttons: Some have argued that they are difficult to distinguish between without looking at. Either position your fingers over the buttons or slide your fingers to the right one (you can tell very easily which one you are going to press by its feel - they are large buttons!)

Anyway all in all a great purchase. I am glad I chose this stick over others as it reportedly has a long life, is durable and flexible in terms of its compatibility. I would recommend it to anyone! Have fun and good luck deciding.
Joe

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good all round joystick, 24 Nov 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
This is a well-engineered and designed joystick and at the price is great value. I purchased a more expensive throttle and joystick combination having been told that would be better but have come back to this because it is fun to use and does the job well. I sold the more expensive combo on eBay. My experience with this joystick is with Rise of Flight, Wings of Prey and Flight Simulator X. In all those I have been quite satisfied with it. The handle twists for rubber control and the joystick is very precise. You could possibly add a floor mounted rubber bar but I doubt it would be worth the expense. It caters for right and left hand users. The joystick looks really good, sits in the hand well and I can recommend it for anyone wanting a joystick that works straight out of the box. In-game adjustments are very much dependent on the flight sim software itself.

Do yourself a favour and don't be persuaded that you have to spend big dollars on fancy and complicated joysticks to enjoy flight simulation programs such as the one I listed.

Update 22/4/2013: I'm still using this joystick with Il2 Cliffs of Dover (an excellent flight sim) and have used it with the Beta release of War Thunder. I can also report that you can use a CH Pro Throttle in conjunction with the Thrustmaster joystick. The CH Pro Throttle is used instead of the small slider throttle on the Thrustmaster. Cliffs of Dover easily recognises the added CH Throttle during control configuration.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best resonably priced joystick, 17 Dec 2010
I. R. Humphrey "Ian" (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
I have tried many joysticks on the PC but none were anywhere near good enough quality or were ridiculously over sensitive. The Thrustmaster T.16000m is vastly superior in terms of quality of construction and accuracy.
It works perfectly with Flight Simulator X, it is not too sensitive and there are all the buttons you could ever need.
Furthermore this joystick unlike some of the cheaper Thrustmaster joysticks is compatible with programming software with can be downloaded from the Thrustmaster website. This allows the creation of gaming profiles, the adjustment of sensitivity and you can print out button maps.
So if you are looking for a high quality joystick this is the one to go for. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Recommend!!, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
Best joystick i have used! Upgraded to this from a logitech extreme 3d pro after several friends telling me about this stick, The hall sensors are amazing even the slightest of movements are transferred into the game, allows for really nice flying! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and precise, 20 Mar 2012
Roberto Giannotta "robegian" (Trieste, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
I've tried the Thrustmaster T.16000M within Falcon 4.0 Allied Force (in Mac OS X) and the device works beautifully. It's regularly recognised, easily calibrated, and its buttons are straightforwardly programmable. Besides, it's a terrific piece of hardware: very smooth and precise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stick, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
I've had this joystick for about 6 weeks now and given it quite a lot of use with Wings of Prey, a combat fligt sim. This game has a preset configuration for the Thrustmaster T.1600 and was plug and play using the presets.

The preset configuration uses the HAT switch to give commands. This is where it lost a star. I wanted to use it to look in other directions as if turning my head, keeping my target in view. Configuration can be changed easily enough but the HAT switch does not recentre itself back to forward view like my old Saitek did and I find that so disappointing.

Other than this one complaint, I must say this is a great joystick. It's comfortable to use, has plenty of buttons, all of which are programmable and have a good 'feel' to them and the digital aspect is really nice.

The throttle, I think, should be a horizontal slider as opposed to vertical as it would be easier to use, but not something stopping this being a great joystick for its' cost.

If the HAT switch worked in the way I wanted, I'd have no complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars T16000M Joystick, 30 Sep 2011
Fantastic joystick.

Very smooth, no spiking, and super precise.

It's quite heavily sprung but this was an advantage to me because I modded the shaft length to 600mm anyway.

For this money, you cannot do better.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference !!, 27 May 2011
J. L. Williams (london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) (Video Game)
Bought this stick on the strength of reviews in Amazon and PC Pilot and the difference it made to flight control is out of this world. I had become conditioned to accepting the performance of an older Saitek force feedback stick as the norm for handling aircraft - it was way over-sensitive, particularly in elevator pitch with planes slewing all over the place, even with the setting turned down to minimum. This Thrustmaster stick is so precise and incredibly easy to set up - just plug in the USB and go! As a left hander, I also really welcome the easy conversion of a few bits with a screwdriver. The spring gives a real load resistance in the hand - ideal for flight sims but probably hard work for shooting games. Enough precision control for the single engined fleet and the heavies now really demand some input, with a good grippy stick to maintain control.
My only criticism would be the lightweight throttle control - a beefy lever with more resistance would have produced a better precision experience rather than the lightweight slider as fitted.
For flight sims, and if your'e not too bothered about force feedback, this control stick is the gold standard.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC)
Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (PC) by Thrustmaster (Windows 2000 / Vista / XP)
46.66