5.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as before, just better!!, 30 Sep 2008
If you are having some doubts about purchasing this album, you should definitely think about putting them to the side. I was really hoping that New Kids were going to come back with something good but wasn't sure if it was going to happen. I was so surprised when I first heard this. It's brilliant and I've found myself replaying the songs again and again, just to get more out of them each time!

This is not your average New Kids on the Block album ... it is completely updated, modern and most important, more mature. Songs like 'Big Girl Now', 'Grown Man' and 'Summertime' are lyrically targeted at faithful fans from back in the day (yeah I was one myself) which is a great homage to all those fans. However, putting that all aside, this is also worth a listen from those who are new to them. I can't really fault any of the R'n'b/dance inspired tracks and with collaborations from Ne-Yo, Akon, New Edition, The Pussycat Dolls and Teddy Riley, this album packs a punch. Yes, even the slower songs! There are no sweet and cheesy songs present here, they have truly found a new edge that delivers.

I would seriously recommend this album to anyone! Also, the extra songs on the Australian import are worth it for those willing to spend the extra cash.

(It's important to note that this version does not have the song 'Close To You' on it like the original. However it has the extra songs 'Don't Cry', 'Officially Over' and 'Looking Like Danger' on it instead).

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure to attract new and old fans, 12 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
New Kids On The Block have been around for many years. This however is their first group album that they have produced for a number of years.

It sounds up to date whilst staying loyal to the New Kids style. The songs may not be to deep and meaningful - they are however catchy and upbeat.

Its the sort of album you can't help but sing and dance to

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 20 Feb 2009
Michelle Mc "shellymac" (Granemore, Armagh, N.I) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
This has 2 b their best album ever, love all the songs on it, especially dirty dancin, full service and one song...........Girls ul love this, may have 2 buy another one cos i'm playin it all the time

5.0 out of 5 stars NKOTB, 18 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
Impressive album! I had secoind touhgts when I bought this album - but it is actually the best I have ever bought
!! the only thing that lets them down is the lyrics, but i could easily srt that out for them. Otherwise, with good lyrics, every song oni thius album could be a no.1 hit! - even the script didn;t achieve that in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 8 Feb 2009
This review is from: Block (Audio CD)
I love this album, i brought it for two of the songs on there, but
now love all of them, Love big girl featuring lady gaga
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Skool Fan, 5 Feb 2009
E. Ruiz (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
Although I had not followed the band after their No More Games album, I recently bought tickets to see them live and wanted to hear their new material. At first I wasn't impressed, but after a few listens and especially after the gig I have to confess to really loving this album now. Songs like 2 in the morning, Single and Summertime are my personal favorites, in general though the album flows really nicely and is a great comeback album for the New Kids. It's just a shame it hasn't been more popular in the UK, cos I think given a chance their comeback could be huge.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Kids, new sound, 3 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
Right as a fan from way back when, I was thrilled when I heard they had a new album out. Off I trotted to Woolies to get the long awaited CD. I was disappointed, to hear that it didn't have the child like vibes that I remembered, none of that high pitched squeal that was Jordan or the youth of Joe. So as an old Blockhead I was disappointed.
But hang on, this is a brilliant album, if you can get over (like I did) the new sound (for them). They've grown up and so have I, their sound is much more contemporary now and the lyrics reflect that we've all grown up... clearly evidenced by "Grown Man", and "Big Girl Now". The albums got some really great songs on it like "Dirty Dancing" and "Twisted".
Give it a chance and get over the fact that they were the original boy band making sugar coated pop for the teenybopper generation, this is a mix or R 'n' B and Dance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 22 Dec 2008
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
This is a good CD that grows on you. As a true blockhead it has been on my car cd player for weeks and I love it. Best tracks are click, single, summertime, dirty dancing and twisted. Now I've heard their new material I am excited about going to see them live in January.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 July 2010
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
Before The Block, Face The Music was the best album that New Kids had released. The Block blows Face The Music out the water!

Full of catchy tunes and lyrics we can all relate to, some of which are pure filth!

I am a massive fan and I love the fact that the boys are now revealing their true personalities in their music.

I can't say enough good things, all I can say is - Full Service - awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars A SUPRISINGLY IMPRESSIVE, SASSY ALBUM - I LOVED IT !!, 21 Oct 2008
L. Payne (Weymouth, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Block (Audio CD)
I was a huge NKOTB fan many years ago - but I was rather dubious about buying their new album - I wanted to remember them as they were and wasn't sure whether they would come back with the same sort of stuff and expect it still to work (even though none of us are 14 yrs old any more!)

However having taken the plunge and purchased The Block, all i can say is - BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!

It really is excellent. The new songs are sassy with collaborations with The Pussycat Dolls, Neyo and New Edition. I must say I have been very very pleasantly suprised with the decent music that NKOTB have produced.
Listening to the album - I dont think Summertime was the best single to release first, as Summertime was probably as near as it gets to their old style - the rest of the tracks i felt were much better and would have done them much more justice for their come back - Dirty Dancing and Grown Man are brilliant.

The Block
The Block by New Kids On The Block (Audio CD - 2008)