Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 29 November 2008
This nano has had some vast improvements from the first generation all those years back. The screen has enlarged, and is very good. The colours and clarity is exceptional for something this small. It is a lot thinner, less than 1cm, and has a nice curved shape. It has a new feature not before seen on the nano, let alone any ipod, and this is a shaking the ipod to change track. The genius software is very good and I find very useful and selects suitable matches for my music library. Also, new with this generation is the accelerometer built in. This allows you to turn the ipod on its side to watch video. The price is very good, but is still expensive for its capacity. However, this is made up for in superb free software that is very easy to use and master. Also, this is by far, the most accessory orrientated MP3/4 player. However saying this; some of the new generation ipods including this one don't work on old docking stations. You may want to be aware of this if you intend to use old accesories.
on 13 February 2009
I've put off buying an ipod for such a long time because I always thought they'd be too complicated, me not exactly being a computer wiz. I got fed up with carrying loads of CDs around so, even though I was nervous about it, I decided to relent. On the advice of the salesman in the store, I bought the Apple nano 16gb. I was shocked. It's so easy to use it's unbelievable. Even I can do it. All you have to do is plug the ipod into your computer and it gives you nice, clear instructions to get started. Once you've downloaded itunes, it's so simple to transfer anything onto the ipod. When you put a CD into the computer, it will ask you if you want to "import" it to itunes - click "yes" and it copies the CD to your computer, plug in your ipod and it automatically transfers it, that's it, it's as simple as that. No complicated menus, no instructions that make you wonder what language they're actually written in, just simple, straightforward, click one button and you're done. I really am wondering why I didn't buy one before. The sound is so clear, it doesn't jump or skip when you're walking around and it's so small, I almost lost it in my pocket!

If you're thinking of buying an ipod, then this is a great one to get. I'd highly recommend it to anyone, even if you're not the worlds greatest computer buff.
on 27 May 2009
Having started with a 64kb mp3 and worked my way up to the nano 16gb, I am very happy with my iPod. I am still learning, but have succeeded in transferring a lot of my vinyl collection, as well as much of the purchsed and ripped music from my PC. The games are becoming familiar and the settings allow so much variation in its use. For instance, I am greatly impressed by the crossfade setting and use it all the time at present. The volume control setting is also of great benefit, although it took me a while to learn to set it properly. The screen is excellent and clear, especially when watching video, and the shake setting unnerved me at first but I am getting used to it now.
An excellent product and I'm glad I listened to my daughter and took the plunge.
on 28 November 2008
You should love this little magic at first use, it uses almost simmilar software as the nano 3rd gen. the screen is 16:9 as ipod touch it chages the orientation of the video on rotation of the unit.

The sound on this little unit is superb, I use it with its original earphone, it sounds great. it comes in rainbow colours just pick your favourite colour. 16BG is enough for all your albums.

Just enjoy nanoing.
on 14 August 2009
Excellent product, easy to use but, for me, the headphones are difficult to keep in and are uncomfortable. Seating them to get the full sound in each ear is tricky. A speaker/docking station is a better option.
Building up a portfolio of different artists performing your favourites is time consuming and sometimes making choices can be difficult because space will eventually run out. It appears, at this point, that it is very unlikely that the 16GB will hold anywhere near the suggested 3000 songs despite many on my iPod being from the 50s, 60s and 70s where around 2 mins. to 2 1/2 mins. was the norm. My real name is I McIntosh - note the capital 'I' in the surname - this is the norm for all Scottish names that start with 'Mc' unlike those that start with 'Mac'.
on 25 September 2009
The answer is as beautiful as this Nano! Absolutely fab to hold and behold. The video camera takes really good movies and sound seems to have improved from the usual iPod standard. The usual wheel which is sensitive and the usual itunes to transfer music which is sad. Drag and drop....please, for the next model. That's the way to go. But I expect we are stuck with itunes as this is a way to advertise itunes store. Not a lot more to say about this that hasn't already been said. The only way to fully appreciate this is to hold it.
on 20 May 2009
A fantastic product that is in use all the time. Simple to use and worth every penny. Don't get the 8gb model go for the 16...you'll need it!!!!
on 21 May 2009
I purchased this to go in my new car using the in-built ipod connection. I downloaded itunes to my PC and it automatically added all my existing music. It was then very easy to transfer that to my ipod nano and its a fantastic addition to my in-car experience. Would recommend this ipod (or any other ipod) to everyone. Great value for money.
on 22 June 2009
i am really happy with my ipod.i bought one for my daughter for christmas and we were both made up with it so i treated myself for my birthday and i couldnt be happier with it,again it was the cheapest i could find anywere and the delievery was really quick,so thank you amazon.
on 17 May 2009
Very cute and sleek looking, weighs virtually nothing, excellent quality photos. Only complaint - doesn't go quite as loud as I might like for noisy Tube journeys, but that's probably some built-in EU directive safety feature, or something...!