5.0 out of 5 stars What's Next?
Both the Lego Star Wars went down exceptionally well with my kids, both on the PC and and the Gamecube. But the 2nd Star Wars game crashes on 98.5% without fail.

Indiana Jones was a triumph, but gave terrible headaches getting it to work at first, so I loaded up this on the kid's PC hoping it would work. And it does, and so far no issues, and it is a gem...
Published on 11 Oct 2008 by Filthy Raider

3.0 out of 5 stars KER-POW!
Having played the previous Lego series of games this one held few surprises. It's good to see the developers branching out with their own original stories, the missions here are not tied to any of the films. I played through this with my 5 year old boy and we both loved it. He's now going back over the levels looking for all the unlockables.

My main...
Published on 27 Oct 2008 by M. Wake

5.0 out of 5 stars What's Next?, 11 Oct 2008
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)

Indiana Jones was a triumph, but gave terrible headaches getting it to work at first, so I loaded up this on the kid's PC hoping it would work. And it does, and so far no issues, and it is a gem!

Using the Danny Elfman music from the Tim Burton Batman films, there is a briliant title sequence showing the bad guys escaping from the Asylum, and then it is up to you, Batman, and Robin to track them down. As with the others, the beauty is that the game is not finished when you complete every level. There is Freeplay mode where you can go back using any character you have unlocked to reach those parts you could not get to.

A triumph for my kids, and for me! Lots of fun and some great gags.

Next for me? Lego James Bond please!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 21 Oct 2008
D. Cooper "Book addict" (Gloucester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I have played star wars and Indiana jones with both my kids and have to say I like this game too. My children are 6 & 7 and although some tasks/puzzles are a bit tricky for them we mostly get there in the end. We have windows xp on our PC and it loaded without a hitch and was straightforward for a non techno "mum" to cope with. There are hours of game play and the children really like the fact there are story lines from the heroes and villains perspectives.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can overcome the bugs its great and funny too, 5 Jan 2009
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Like Lego Indy this has its bugs on AMD dual core processors, a fix if you just see a black screen is while its loading up change the LEGOBatman.exe affinity in task manager to core 1 only (right click LEGOBatman.exe in task manager and select SET AFFINITY and untick CPU 0, and the game should then load up). Although I never had these problems with Lego Star Wars.
Additionally some sections are not completable if your in game resolution is above 800x600 (press ESC and change in the OPTIONS menu during play), like at the end of Penguin's Lair when in higher resolution the penguins don't reach their targets. Using both these solutions you can play the game all the way through easily.

Unfortunately its a game designed for consoles,like most games today, and so has these issues on PCs. However its a great fun game and is full of nice touches and humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars lego batman pc, 2 Mar 2009
Karen Richards (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This was bought AS a giftfor my husband. Got to say it's one of the best games I have purchased. The effects are brill and has given my husband and still is hours of fun. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun to Play with Kids, 25 Dec 2010
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This is no hardcore serious game but is a great family game, a cheeky and fun rendition of Batman in Lego form.

There's plenty of gameplay here, many levels which once complete can be replayed to pick over for hidden bits. There's a series of good guy levels and a series of badies levels, each linked by a fun cut seen that usually involves someone doing something silly and cheeky, often Robin. So there's value for money and fun.

The levels themselves are sort of 3d platform puzzles were you have some cartoon combat that gives some immediacy to the game balanced against some puzzles which are often resolved by smashing things up to reveal lego which when built lets you do extra actions to move on.

You've a whole host of your favourite batman characters (all rendered in fun bulky lego) to play and several suits for the hero's to give them special ability. I like Robins loud dustbin feet best that give him the ability to walk up metallic walls.

It great for me to play as with our young one as Batman and Robin.

Down side is as a more hard core gamer you may not find it so fun. Combat is not that tricky, its not that much of a challenge. The challenge is the puzzle solving which isn't impossible but is enough to make you need a little thinking about.

Other minor gripes are there's no save till level is complete so if you've only ten minutes to play be prepared to have to start again next time. Also some of the control aren't perfect, ladders and batman's flying suit can be a fiddly.

However overall this is a greater family game to play, you're not left frustrated with constant deaths but it not too easy to be a complete waltz. Great game to play with your kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons love this game, 10 April 2010
CL Ellison (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Bought this game for my grandsons to play on my computer. They love it as it can be played easily with lots of knocking down of things or with a lot of thought working through the levels. I think it will keep them amused for a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars KER-POW!, 27 Oct 2008
M. Wake "Fried Gold" (Essex, UK.) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)

My main criticism is that it can get a bit repetitive, the vehicle sections are a little on the frustrating side and sometimes the solutions to the puzzles basically mean smashing everying in site in the hope that a pile of bricks will be left behind to build a device to progress the story.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the game but was looking for a bit more of an advance from previous efforts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Game for Grandkids, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Bought this for the Grandkids to play on my desktop. Already have Indiana Jones which they love. This is now another firm favourite. Chose this as it was very cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Batman takes on the baddies, 12 Jun 2013
J. J. Rowley "rowleyjohnuk" (Loughborough, Leics) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
This is a very good Lego game in the series and does not disappoint. Have it for the PSP. Grandchildren love playing all the Lego series. Another hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars computer game, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) (Video Game)
great game love it have finished it and will definatley play again. I love this type of game thanks well done

LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD)
LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PC DVD) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Windows Vista)