LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PS2)
Platform: PlayStation2Edition: Standard EditionChange
Price:£10.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 14 October 2008
This game has brilliant graphics and is great fun to play. There are loads of different characters to unlock ( mostly baddies )and many different levels to explore.
This game is quite easy to play ( I am 8 ) although it can get tricky at times and you need to think hard to work out how to beat the bad guys.
The Batmobile and Batarangs are cool and if you liked Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones you will love this game too.
Calum McKean
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
After huge success with the Star wars games & Indiana Jones the whole Lego platform franchise turns it's attention to Batman.
The 3 previous Lego games were all excellent & great fun and Batman does not let the side down. The game is based on the sixties Adam West & Burt Ward batman & Robin pairing instead of the modern films. This makes perfect sense as it means the violence is daft & not graphic & there are a whole raft of potty villains to be used. As always the humour is gentle & keeps proceedings light & easy going. The 2 main characters have been given some abilities that mark them out nicely from previous Lego games. Both can pick up suits that give them powers like bomb laying,(very Bomberman in style), magnetic boots & the ability to glide are just a few of them. They work smoothly & open up levels nicely. Without them levels cannot be finished.
The bosses are as always not overly tough, once you have worked out their routine that is. The bat-a-rang weapon can be a bit fiddly to deploy so that often just bashing seven bells out of a nearby opponent is the best option. Levelling up the target & firing takes a bit of getting used to but is essential for out of reach baddies who are firing at you.
The graphics are as smooth & well detailed as usual but the one drawback is that it is a very dark world which can make finding your way around difficult & coupled with the fact that there seem to be a whole load more fatal drops to negotiate, the sound of your character croaking it can be a familiar feature if you are not careful.
2 player gaming is as fun as always & allows plenty of scope for helping each other. Neither character is better than the other & both feature useful items & abilities & their own unique comical touches,(attention to detail is as high as ever, for instance Batman will crawl along beneath a wire while Robin teeters along balancing above),.
The henchmen can be a bit samey but the main villains are great & the video scenes are as amusing as usual.
A game that plays well & allows for re-exploration of levels in free-play mode once you have finished it in story mode.
The lego platformer continues to provide great entertainment, a good laugh & really shines when 2 play with this top notch addition to the genre.
on 2 February 2009
my son had lego star wars on ds and played it to death. i bought him this for his ps2 and he absolutely loves it. he does get a bit frustrated because he cant get up the levels but there is plenty to keep him busy on the levels he has got on and i am hoping that as he gets better at it he will move up the levels. He is now saving for star wars for his ps2.All the lego games have been big hits with him and all his friends.he told me it deserves five stars..well he actually said ten..
on 30 November 2008
This game is probably the easiest lego game to load that I have had.
And brilliant graphics. I really like the detail in each and every level. Villain mode is a great idea because no other lego game has something like it. It is great for gamers all over the world!
on 15 December 2008
I am 29 years old and i really really love this game. Graphics are good, the story modes are good and the free plays levels are excellent for hidden extras and the use of extra characters. I really may quit my job for this game
on 4 March 2011
The Lego games have all the qualities to make a good day pass by in a cascade of fun action fighting levels, fast racing and various spots of humour and parodying.

This Lego batman takes into account the earlier Batman films from Tim Burton's late 1980's smash to the franchise killer Batman and Robin (though I personally enjoyed it!)
The same principles to the other Lego games apply and if this is your first Lego game be prepared for hours of addictive game playing.

Playing at first as Batman and Robin you work your way through various stories involving the major film villains including The Riddler and Two Face, The Penguin and Catwoman and the Joker.

The traits of the game involve working your way past villains and breaking up the Lego environment discovering objects to collect and alternate levels to discover, all in high energetic fun and with the glorious film parodies this version is as great as Lego Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

There is also the chance to play as the villains in the Asylum which is great as unlocking these characters enable you to go back into previously played levels to discover even more. At certain points this can be annoying, especially if there is a particular level or boss repetition that can be tricky or repetitive.

The game is perfect for anyone of any age more or less. Older audiences may get annoyed by the repeating of levels and game strategy. Myself being 22 actually love all this but if you like games such as Crash bandicoot, Rayman etc you will love these games.

This is a great fun light-hearted game that is worth checking out and one you will love to revisit over and over again

10/10
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This game is excellent in almost every single way. I pretty much stopped playing my PS2 and got Lego Batman on the DS, liked it so much so out of curiosity, got it for the PS2 and have to say, it's one of the best games I've played. The games designers have put a lot of thought into this and it shows. I liked the initial look and feel of it and was surprised consistently when excellent aspects of the game became apparent, i.e. being able to take control of giant robots or other vehicles or watching lego characters doing the running man in a spontaneous dance sequence when you collect one of the more elusive red bricks. This is the only game I've played where I actually wanted to get a 100% completion rate although I'm somewhat confused at the fact that I've finished all the levels and collected all the evident collectibles but there are still things to unlock and my rate is only 98.8% Anyway, that aside, I'll re-iterate this game is excellent in many ways. A job extremely well done.
on 27 December 2013
Hello

I recently bought Lego Batman as I gift for the two little sisters - as there is a co-op function. I also bought the game so that we could play together, share a laugh and bond.
The game itself is good. A very though out storyline and I love the aspect that you can play the villain side of the story too.
The graphics are very good and I love the cooperation between the two players - as you need both players to complete the level.
My only complaints are that it is very hard to climb up ladders and the fact that there is only six levels - 5 stories in each level.

Still a very good game and I am buying the Lego Indiana Jones game for new year.

Thanks
on 28 April 2009
After the two Lego Star wars games, followed by the Lego Indiana Jones I was all ready to play Lego Batman.
The same old moves for most of the characters are there, to make life easy.. but with some new options on a few characters.
A great twist is that you can play the 15 episodes as Batman & Robin, and then replay the "pre-quel" to each of these episodes as the baddies.
Of course, you can play in Story mode, and Free Play.
Superb entertainment for all the family..
Although, some scenes are a bit more complicated than before, so younger children may need help (or is it that I needed help as an adult!!).
on 16 November 2011
I bought this game thinking it would just be something to try out and review for my own purposes, but then I started playing and I realised how addictive this game was. It's simple, it's easy and there's not much too it other than jumping around collecting lego pieces and bashing bad guys but the whole thing just works. Kids will love the simplicity and adventure of this game, adults will love the fun and humour of it.

One of the best 'aimed at kids' games I have bought, and it made me want to purchase some of the other lego games that I have yet to play.