5.0 out of 5 stars Easy sturdy phones

3.0 out of 5 stars BT Freestyle 710 Twin DECT Telephones
Published on 31 July 2009 by Claire

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy sturdy phones, 10 Feb 2009
the raes (Dunfermline, Fife) - See all my reviews
Wanted sturdy cordless phones that were easy to use. These fit the bill on all points. Quick start guide is more than enough to get you going, for more information, you can download the full handbook from the BT website. Would be useful if Quick Start mentioned that your phone book entries can be quickly copied to other handset without the need for keying them in! Only found this out from the downloaded booklet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phones, 27 Jan 2009
These are smart-looking phones with plenty of facilities. Setting up is very easy, and it is good to send your phonebook from one handset to the other. Would have liked a more normal ring tone, but you do get ten to choose from, and it is useful to also have a ring for the base, which can be different if you want. The backlit screen is very easy to see and the big buttons are superb. The handsets also stand well when you put them down anywhere. They work well all over my big, old house as well as in the garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freestyle 710, 27 Mar 2009
NIGEL COOK "njc577" (Saffron Walden, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BT Freestyle 710 Single DECT Phone - Titanium Grey (Electronics)
Needed a simple to use, easy to read phone for my parents. This does exactly that. They're please with it because they can read the display; and it was easy to set up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and do the job very well, 12 Aug 2009
Dr. Rich Boden "rich boden" (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Firstly, the reasons I've only given this 4/5 are because the choice of ring tones is really bad - there's only one that sounds vaguely like a normal phone. The display is quite poor too - huge letters so you can't fit much on a line.

These phones are great if (like me) you want to have phones in several rooms of the house but only have one phone socket. The main base plugs in to the phone socket and carries "handset 1" whereas the other base/handset combination doesn't need to be plugged in to a phoneline - it gets its signal from the main base. I've got the main one in my lounge and the other one in my bedroom and the signal is fine, even in a big old house like mine. The handsets also work quite a distance from the bases, which is handy if you're out in the garden.

Some other reviewers have commented that the handsets make an annoying "out of range" noise - this is true but you CAN turn this off very easily. I have!

The handsets have nice big buttons which are good if, like me, you don't have particularly nimble fingers. The ring volume can be set to very loud, which is also useful, but, as I've said, the choice of ring tones is really bad. Why can't we just have a nice "proper" phone sound these days? Why does it always have to be an annoying tune?!

The two phones can communicate between each other using the "Intercom" button and you can set a different ringtone for "internal" versus "external" calls so that you know it's not a "real" call and don't need to bother doing your phone-voice when it's just your other half ringing down from the bedroom demanding a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 17 April 2009
This item was puchased for an elderly relative with eye and hand problems.
He has said how pleased he is with my choice on his behalf.BT Freestyle 710 Twin DECT Telephone - Titanium Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars BT Freestyle 710 Twin DECT Telephones, 31 July 2009
This phone is fine, doesn't do anything amazing but we just wanted something pretty basic. It's not very attractive - the massive keypad buttons look even larger in real life! But if that's not your main concern then it's fine - probably a benefit if you are sight-impaired, or find using small buttons difficult. You're supposed to be able to copy your numbers from one handset to another, but we've tried doing it and each time we get a 'Failed' message come up on the second handset's screen. Annoying, but we only have a few numbers that we'd want to program in, so it's not too much of a drama for us and we won't bother sending it back. Also, you don't get many spaces to name a contact. eg Mum & Dad mob was too long! That IS annoying. In all, I'm glad we didn't get this for anything more than basic use. It is absolutely fine to use day to day etc, but techies won't be impressed! The price was really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good simple phone, 1 Aug 2009
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Bought this for my Mum to give her the convenience of a wireless phone. It is great, she loves it. Very clear good quality sound, nice loud ringtones, and very easy to read large keys and a very well lit easy to read display. This is a great phone for the "senior caller" :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a fantastic price!, 18 Aug 2009
S. Statham (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
After finally getting round to buying a new home phone (We were getting tired of not being able to hear anyone on the other line) I looked around for a phone with great quality sound and simple to use for a good price.

I have to say, this is the best I found for a good price and I haven't got a regret about buying it!

Plugging in the phone and setting it up takes 2/3 steps with sticking it into the socket very simple! Buttons are huge and easy to use, the display is also easy to read and the menus are simple and effective and no hassle at all. The sound quality with the person you're talking to is also fantastic and I haven't had a problem! Even comes with a speakerphone if you haven't got any hands free which is also very loud.

Only downside to this, is the fact if you miss a call it will display '1 new call' on the phone which I haven't figured out how to get rid of except to call them back (which isn't always what you want to do) But I'll hopefully get round to sorting that out, since I've only had it a day!

Overall, fantastic product, fast delivery and I haven't any regrets well worth the buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars BT 710 Phone, 1 May 2009
Amazon Customer (Argyll, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Exellent phone, Bought for my aged parents who found its clear bright display and ease of use a refreshing change from the usual over complicated layout and functions that nobody really needs.
The initial set up was a bit fiddily, it always is with a new phone, but nothing too taxing. It has several loud and clear ring tones and its back-lit display is great.
I'd say that this is an ideal phone for those people who want just that - A simple, easy to use phone

4.0 out of 5 stars BT Freestyle 710, 31 May 2009
Mr. Robert Donnelly "Bob D" (devon UK) - See all my reviews
A bit on the big side but it has a good range I can use it in the garden.
Speaker phone feature is good as is the battery life.