5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it
As critical as I am about films, I loved this movie. I am so glad I didn't read any reviews before I decided to watch it as the amount of one stars may have put me off it totally!!
Published on 21 Nov 2012 by Eli

3.0 out of 5 stars Outlaw. Blu-Ray
Published on 28 Dec 2008 by Spider Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film for the first time couple of days ago, and three times since(I don't usually do that unless I'm very impressed). Everything about this film is intresting. As a film Make-up artist I have a slightly different view toward films, for example Shakey camera made it ten times more intresting for me as it was not a clean hollywood film. Well, I don't assume it is everyones cup of tea but for me everything fitted perfectley. Storyline and acting was superb.

There are alot of people may think this was way over the top, I like to think the same but when I remember the recent London riot and everythingelse going on around me every day, (and I don't mean the news!), I think it is not too far from the truth.
Once again I realised how much I love and prefer British films compare to American ones.

I watched the rented copy, and I ordered a copy from amazon the same day. I'll watch it again and again, that's for sure.
Ignore the stars and reviews and watch it yourself, The first half an hour will let you decide whethere you want to continue or not :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Outlaw. Blu-Ray, 28 Dec 2008
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Outlaw [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
'Outlaw' started out looking very promising with a good premise and cast. Sadly by the end it has descended into farce and strayed away from the themes of the film, namely that of a fractured society and a vigilante group fighting back against injustice. If it had stuck to this then this film may well have impressed me more. It moved from a wider dissatisfaction and fighting back against wayward society, to a personal vendetta against one mans criminal activities. Never-the-less it is pretty well acted, shot and directed and it managed to keep my interest for most of the film. The violence is pretty shocking in places but is integral to the themes in the film. Sean Bean is good as you would expect and the other actors hold up their end well. Overall this is a good film, with timely themes and portrayal of modern society (sadly), it's just a shame it wasn't followed through better. A solid 3 stars and still worth a viewing.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

3.0 out of 5 stars Actually I give it 3 and a half stars, 1 Jan 2014
R. Higgins "Electronically challenged" (Shropshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
That's only because I thought it would be better than it was, when in the end, the 'possibilities' this film presented were never to be. It could have been so good, turned into a TV series, or books at least. Not to be, and why you may ask? Because for some reason it went astray, and never got back onto an even keel. Again, this is Amazon taxing my crappy memory to see if I can recall anything about it. It's only as I felt quite strongly about being 'misled' by the title and subject matter of this film that I recall anything about it at all. If it's cheap, buy it, if you can borrow it, do so first. Sorry Mr. Bean -no, not the Mini driving one- but this was a bit of a flop.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Fought The Law And The Law Won, 28 Jun 2014
Charles Vasey (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
This is a film that swings from a Michael Winner Death Wish parody into something more realistic and then off into a bit of Red Riding. With lots of unfinished plot lines, and lots of coincidences and plots within plots it really needs a script shake-up, it still manages to avoid the worst excesses of revenge films where the hero (facing the League of Rotten Evil Marksmen) cuts his way through to triumph. Some very good actors (Sean Harris being especially good) are slightly adrift in all this but they really need the script to decide where it is going and what is its message; at times it feels like two script teams are in action.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 25 Mar 2009
kelvin - See all my reviews
hmmmmmm what to say! firstly this on the psp is great and also a very gritty film! at the begining the film relates to the government services in london on how youth crimes get into the way of buisnessmen and adults and how the government solves this! a great start but as the story moves to the middle then thats when it all gets stupid where we have dekker(dyer) being a mug of sort by actin like his 50 cent lol but anyway the story begins to get complicated but i gave this 3 stars because i this is funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, 26 Oct 2009
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
What a fantastic film! obviously this is my opinion and i don't expect others to agree but i felt for once someone has put a gripping storyline around a very violent film.
I often despise movies which are made with loads of violence just for the sake of it and no story.
I have to agree with one of the earlier reviews who said about walking past gangs late at night, how many of you would want to get your own back!?.
This was a feel good movie and i'm proud that this is a british film!

All in all a great film with plenty of action, suspense and thrilling moments!

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, 12 Dec 2013
Maggie McG KIC (northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
loved this movie, cast was great and story line was eventful good movie for adults, or for when you have friends over for a movie night:)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sean Bean Being Sean Bean., 27 July 2013
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
Outlaw isn't a bad film, it starts in a strong fashion and it's certainly Fight Club esq, (with one scene rallying the troops in the gym), but I feel it just goes down hill.
Its only 100 minutes long, but I have to say that it drags and I feel that it could have been so much better. Its taking a premise that isn't usually dealt with in movies.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So ... Certainly No Death Wish..., 16 May 2008
Adam Jackson (Stoke On Trent , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
Slightly dissapointed - storyline could be better and good actors such as Sean Bean try hard but are up against the weak plot.

It's nowhere near as good as Nick Love's Football Factory or The Business.
The 'Outlaws' of the title actually do very little when push comes to shove & the film isn't as violent as you might expect. The C Word is still in effect though throughout.
Credit to Danny Dyer, at least this performance is less cocky than we've seen. And yet another on screen kicking too!!

It's not a really bad film by any means but it seems to be unsure if it wants to be a Hollywood style action thriller or a gritty, British urban thriller and falls uncomfortably somewhere between.

I'd recommend the excellent Dead Man's Shoes - Now Thats A Real English Revenge Thriller!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An important film about crime and punishment, 2 Nov 2007
This review is from: Outlaw [DVD] (DVD)
Its facinating in some way how many people simply gave this film low stars based on what? Words like political correctness and bad characterisation have been used aswell as lazy directing. Well Outlaw seems to be about the message more than anything else not about a perfect looking film or even a feel good film too get high on. Its about everyday people realizing I want to try and change things in some way and I cannot rely on the legal auhthorities to do so. Film is an art form and its not always about impressing people at all its just expression. Nick Love the director makes no bones about the fact quite a few reporters or whatever they want to pretend to be hammered this film. If you dont agree with the message then you can still give the film credit. Even if you dont agree with the message theres a lesson in the film for believers of vigalantism and people who believe against it. Exrtas on the dvd are A commentary by Nick Love(director) and Danny Dyer(actor) Making of Outlaw, The Rave and the Riot Featurette, Deleted Scenes, Outlaw Video Diaries, Big Hitters Featurette and original theatrical trailer.
The film itself moves at quite a quick pace which gets through many scenes quickly in 90 minutes. The film gets to the point quickly and doesnt hang around with giving too mcuh information at all to each of the main characters. The characters could definetly have done with more fleshing out or whatever but the director must have wanted to focus on the main story. On a perosnal level I agree with Nick Love that in the future this subject will have more notriety in the futture as its something people will turn to if criminals getaway with more and more. If you dont buy the dvd its worth watching at least. Finallly...... If nobody takes action, who will? This is the message Outlaw sends and if its taken too far. There is a balanced message in this film. Thanks for reading.

Outlaw [Blu-ray]
Outlaw [Blu-ray] by Nick Love (Blu-ray - 2008)